Do I trim these leaves or try and tuck them?

FRUMPLEMEIST

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
To start I am very proud of this girl. This is my first grow and I have 3 going. 2 double grape (one had issues that are now correct) and one growing beautifully. I have one OG Kush growing as well. The question I have is for the double grape. The fat leaves are blocking two side branches. The branches are having a hard time pushing through the leaves. I wanted to grow a successful run before I get into LST techniques. Will it hurt the plant to chop these big leaves off? She hasn’t given me one problem and I want to try and keep it that way. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance. Enjoy your day. If you can’t see what I am talking about I will take better pictures when lights come back on. They are about to shut off.

Attachments

• 501EC9E0-00D9-4ADB-A83F-72CC78109BE2.jpeg
    501EC9E0-00D9-4ADB-A83F-72CC78109BE2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 56
  • 25E0BE0B-5DD1-4565-AD6C-9091415D46A3.jpeg
    25E0BE0B-5DD1-4565-AD6C-9091415D46A3.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 51
  • 21DDA72B-8D54-4EA0-A2D6-A63FA92BD72E.jpeg
    21DDA72B-8D54-4EA0-A2D6-A63FA92BD72E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
If you want to break the apical dominance, you'll need to LST. Bend her over with the leaf you want to cut facing upward and cut it. That opens her up and breaks apical dominance so you'll have more of a bush instead of a christmas tree. In the end, it's up to you!

Will do. After the lights come back on I will. I have never done any LST so kinda nervous. I need to do something. I will post some more pictures after I do what you said to see if I need to correct what I have done. Thank you for your reply. Take care

Id tuck. But it looks like you may be over watering just a tad. I always wait till my pots are about half their saturated weight or more to water. Leaves dont ever droop hard like that

Will do. After the lights come back on I will. I have never done any LST so kinda nervous. I need to do something. I will post some more pictures after I do what you said to see if I need to correct what I have done. Thank you for your reply. Take care
Lst isnt something to be nervous about.

It is low stress training after all :cheers:

Best to start early as stems get more and more ridged as they age. These plants can take a lot. I know this is old, but twist ties or soft rubber wire is a great way to start. The main idea is to level out the canopy and spread the branches evenly apart so they can breathe during flower. Start out with that and as you get more comfortable you can really start going crazy.

Back