Mephisto Genetics Double Grape, 3BOG, and a CDLC x Sour Stomper

I'm not going to get too crazy. Probably cut the big fans out of the CDLC X SS and clean out more lower stuff on the DG. The DG is so branchy and has so many bud sites I feel like I need to make an effort to clean up potential larf
Things are looking great! Looking forward to seeing these ladies deep into flower!

Day 50, the ladies are rolling along. Still using the same feed schedule of 4g/gal of MC, 1g/gal of SC, 2g/gal of calmag, .6ml/gal of Mammoth P, and 2ml/gal of Hydroguard. They get .75g/gal of Bud Explosion every other day. Feed is pH'd to 5.8 and my temps are 75F and RH is at 36%. Here are a few pictures....

CDLC x SS
View media item 16821View media item 16822
Double Grape
View media item 16823View media item 16824

Day 50, the ladies are rolling along. Still using the same feed schedule of 4g/gal of MC, 1g/gal of SC, 2g/gal of calmag, .6ml/gal of Mammoth P, and 2ml/gal of Hydroguard. They get .75g/gal of Bud Explosion every other day. Feed is pH'd to 5.8 and my temps are 75F and RH is at 36%. Here are a few pictures....

CDLC x SS
View media item 16821View media item 16822
Double Grape
View media item 16823View media item 16824

Glad to see someone else is using 2g per gal of Cal-Mag. I attempted to reduce my Cal-Mag to 1.3g per gal And I noticed a difference quickly. I run 4.5g of MC. I also tried to up the BUD EXPLOSION to 1g per gal and noticed it to be too much for my needs. Bud Explosion is stronger than people think. I actually think I might start trying a couple plants on SMALLER doses, but daily. I think .75g pergal is perfect for everyone other day watering like you are doing. I'm gonna try .3g per gal daily And not reducing the MC at all. I usually reduce it to 4g per gal with use of BE. I have a feeling .3g -.5g daily might work well for my needs. I know that 1g per gal is too strong daily for me. Good luck

Glad to see someone else is using 2g per gal of Cal-Mag. I attempted to reduce my Cal-Mag to 1.3g per gal And I noticed a difference quickly. I run 4.5g of MC. I also tried to up the BUD EXPLOSION to 1g per gal and noticed it to be too much for my needs. Bud Explosion is stronger than people think. I actually think I might start trying a couple plants on SMALLER doses, but daily. I think .75g pergal is perfect for everyone other day watering like you are doing. I'm gonna try .3g per gal daily And not reducing the MC at all. I usually reduce it to 4g per gal with use of BE. I have a feeling .3g -.5g daily might work well for my needs. I know that 1g per gal is too strong daily for me. Good luck

My first indoor grow I experienced some calmag issues so each grow after I have always tried to stay on top of it. I'm with you on the Bud Explosion, it's seems to be pretty strong. I may do a little experimenting myself with dosages my next run. Do you drop your MC dosage later in flower or run it 4.5g till harvest? I was leaning towards dropping it a bit

My first indoor grow I experienced some calmag issues so each grow after I have always tried to stay on top of it. I'm with you on the Bud Explosion, it's seems to be pretty strong. I may do a little experimenting myself with dosages my next run. Do you drop your MC dosage later in flower or run it 4.5g till harvest? I was leaning towards dropping it a bit
I do so many plants most of the time I'm at 4.5g. for me dropping it 4.0 and dropping Cal-Mag at the same time...I saw issues. I am going to try to keep the Cal-mag at 2g and add .3-.4g of BE on a few plants that will be flowering soon. I will drop one later in flower if they do well on the light BE dose daily.

Day 58, CDLC x SS is finishing fast. In the picture below, if you zoom in on the two fan leaves in the lower left corner they are about 60% amber. The sugar leaves are at about 15% so I believe I will start my flush tomorrow and pull her at day 65.

View media item 16906
The Double Grape is moving along, not as much amber in the trichomes as the CDLC x SS but she should be ready by day 70. The amount of bud on this plant is hefty, if I were do make a conservative estimation I would say 6 oz.
View media item 16900View media item 16907View media item 16903
@mephisto If you guys could isolate this mutation and develop it further that would be great. Looking forward to all of my fan leaves producing buds in the future.
View media item 16905
3BOG got a major haircut Saturday, filled a grocery bag with larf and shoots that would never amount to anything. Hopefully the buds put on some weight in the coming weeks.

Group shot
View media item 16899

Day 58, CDLC x SS is finishing fast. In the picture below, if you zoom in on the two fan leaves in the lower left corner they are about 60% amber. The sugar leaves are at about 15% so I believe I will start my flush tomorrow and pull her at day 65.

View media item 16906
The Double Grape is moving along, not as much amber in the trichomes as the CDLC x SS but she should be ready by day 70. The amount of bud on this plant is hefty, if I were do make a conservative estimation I would say 6 oz.
View media item 16900View media item 16907View media item 16903
@mephisto If you guys could isolate this mutation and develop it further that would be great. Looking forward to all of my fan leaves producing buds in the future.
View media item 16905
3BOG got a major haircut Saturday, filled a grocery bag with larf and shoots that would never amount to anything. Hopefully the buds put on some weight in the coming weeks.

Group shot
View media item 16899
Moving along nicely! Looking forward to the next couple of weeks. Will be following. I will share my experience with the adjustment in BE for me. Gonna do daily dose at 1g per 3 gal and see how it goes. Not reducing anything else. I will watch for burn. But I have a feeling it will be fine. I have used enough PK boosters to know BE is strong. I think micro doses more frequent might be a viable option for me. We shall see, as I am trying my first jug today on just 3 plants. To compare. Good job and good luck.

Moving along nicely! Looking forward to the next couple of weeks. Will be following. I will share my experience with the adjustment in BE for me. Gonna do daily dose at 1g per 3 gal and see how it goes. Not reducing anything else. I will watch for burn. But I have a feeling it will be fine. I have used enough PK boosters to know BE is strong. I think micro doses more frequent might be a viable option for me. We shall see, as I am trying my first jug today on just 3 plants. To compare. Good job and good luck.

I will be looking for the BE results, I tend to go with the "less is more" attitude myself. Good luck with the experiment

Day 64, the CDLC x SS spit a few more new pistils so I held off on starting the flush until yesterday. The trichomes look good and milky on it and the Double Grape so I plan on chopping at day 70. The 3BOG is moving along, I know there will be a bunch of staking and securing once the others are out of the tent. That thing is going to flop everywhere without the others to lean on. The feed has remained the same for the 3BOG and the others are now on a 2 tsp/gal of Clearex diet until next Saturday.

A few photos and my apologies for the crap photography. User + cellphone = bad pictures

DG
View media item 16958View media item 16957View media item 16955
CDLC x SS
View media item 16954View media item 16956

And then there was one. As I thought the 3BOG went every direction but vertical when the others were removed so I staked it up a bit. It has started its fade so I will give the trichomes a look. Still have plenty of white pistils though
View media item 17173

I cut the CDLC x SS at day 70 and the Double Grape at day 73. The CDLC x SS hung for a week and I trimmed it up last night and put in jars to cure. It will be weighed in a couple weeks but it looks like a good haul of dense, sticky, smelly buds. I filled 3 half gallon jars and part of a quart jar. I will snap some pictures when I weigh it. The Double Grape is getting trimmed today as it is ready for jars. When the DG came down I filled a plastic grocery bag with buds and put it in the freezer. The next morning I broke out the bubble bags and turned out some nice fresh frozen bubble hash. After it was microplaned and dried I got just short of 18 grams. I did a dab of it yesterday and it is pretty tasty.

I had a buddy give me 10 pounds of KindSoil a few days ago so I am thinking about starting an organic run as soon as I pull the 3BOG. Just gotta decide what to grow. I am going to give Grape Walker Kush a go as well as a Dutch Passion Critical Orange Punch Auto, not sure on plant [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG]. I have way too many choices, and that is a good thing.

Last edited:
Back