Live Stoners Dr. Bubbles & Bushmasterar15's Food Network

Cowboy beef jerky anyone ? I love it :clapper: I take flank stake and firm it in the freezer. Then cut with the grain about one quarter inch thick. Then I lay it out on paper towels and sprinkle the seasoning on both sides with a shaker. Then into the dehydrator until done these took 2 hours.
I found the flank in the reduced price area and the seasoning I bought on a special sale. The stuff is bite your fingers good when warm off the dehydrator :shooty:View attachment 1344885
Love some good jerky, We'll mainly use whatever beef comes on sale (bottom round, rump roast, london broil, etc) Put in the freezer to firm up
then we have a 12 in electric slicer that we cut as close to 1/4" thick slices. Those go into a wet marinade for 24-72hrs before going into the
dehydrator. Last time we made jerky it was something like 20lbs of meat to start with.

I really gotta make some jerk. I love that shit, and it's so easy. My oven even has a jerky setting FFS. Gonna put this on the to-do list. Look for some fried rice & beef jerky from me sometime sooner than later.

Some pics from the other days. My awesome root veggie roast with foil top off-on-off. That's the secret...let em steam and release water...then let em cook proper with a top, then crank em for 15 mins uncovered to finish strong.
PSX_20210718_213800.jpg

I made some shaved steak Sammies the other day that were delicious, but I didn't have a phone handy so I just got em now.

I just finished making some coffee rub + coffee shellac'd country style ribs. I didn't have any charcoal so I made a rub and threw em in the oven at 290° for about 80 mins. Took the pork coffee juice that came from that and reduced it to a high gloss syrup. Used that to make a little saucey with some bbq, vinegar, coffee rub, coffee, brown sugar and mustard. It's about a 6 on the sweetness, pretty thin, almost like light amber maple syrup when it's warm, and a 9/10 on the shiny scale.
PXL_20210719_004716820.jpg

PXL_20210719_010104850.jpg

PXL_20210719_010320193.jpg

Whipped up some fried potatoes from NB's grandma's recipe...sort of. Nobody makes em as good as her, it's like fuckin magic I tells ya. All the grandkids attempt to make em, and they are all over the place...some closer than others. This is close, but still not hers. Bubble girl used to make em on point years and years ago...but we moved and she didn't make em for a minute and lost it. One of the big secrets is definitely the pan. A big cheap flat non-stick Walmart special is your friend here. I think the potatoes themselves have a lot to do with it as well. Grandma used last night's baked potatoes a lot. Which are always white potatoes, I don't think I've ever seen a russet or a yellow tater over there at NBG&G's crib. (Nurse Bubble's Grandma & Grandpa) Sadly, she is going downhill and things are starting to slip. Her cooking is not the only thing suffering. She has been making some odd palette decisions....like WAY too much salt in one thing and then no salt at all in the next thing. Getting old sucks.

PXL_20210719_013133832.jpg

Speaking of getting old...our little buddy Puddles passed away yesterday. He was a fat little rat that looked like a cow. Super friendly and very intelligent. He would pick on my cat sometimes. He hung out with us every single night and would ride around on NBs shoulder. This one time at McDonald's, the stupid money taker girl wouldn't even grab the money because he was on her shoulder It's been super upsetting and Bubbles the wife has taken it extra hard, I got a bit of the waterworks myself.

RIP Pudd Pudd
Screenshot_20210718-212811.png

Mossy Pot Noodle
At the risk of being Shouted at......can I post the Mossy Pot Noodle...for the days you really can't be arsed to Cook......:crying:

Must be made in a Pot...for Authenticity.............

Start with either a good super stock..or some Good stock cubes....I use Knorr stock pots and I recommend them.

Half a stockpot...200 mls of water....roughly 1/3rd pint...don't get hung up on measures...:chef:

Microwave for 3 minutes......to dissolve the stock cube.........:stir:

IMG_1526.JPG

Add 200 grammes...quarter of a packet of rice noodles to the hot stock.....let them sit until soft....

IMG_1528.JPG

Add any combo of fine diced meat veg you want..in moderation......coz this is fast cook.
Use cooked meat...ham..left over chicken....anything you have lying about....:chef:..
Chilli and ginger are standard in out house...garlic...if you must.....:biggrin:

The longer your pot sits at this stage..the more the noodles will absorb the stock.....

When you are ready to eat...microwave for 3 minutes...adjust seasoning....

IMG_1531.JPG

. She has been making some odd palette decisions....like WAY too much salt in one thing and then no salt at all in the next thing. Getting old sucks.

@Dr.Bubbles ...you know the bug running 'round at the minute is making loads of people lose their sense of taste and smell.....
I can vouch for this.... :headbang: ...so...maybe that is a Bug thing....rather the an Old thing.....and may get better....:chef:

Don’t have any fancy meals to share at the moment but I do have some homemade num nums I made over last couple days! :cooldance:

1st up we had to make something to snack on while preparing the other snack stuff…….
Sour green apple flavored…..

871D60BF-3312-448B-9FF2-7587D74438B0.jpeg

Then while plowing thru handfuls of these I made some other goodies! These were made from peaches that were purchased since Farmer Mark ain’t growing any fruit trees! :(

Homemade peach preserves
5C8AF68B-515E-4BCB-90A8-535EDC0367C5.jpeg
20EF6D22-909D-4A43-A7D4-D28200F7CF46.jpeg
A17FDA9C-A878-4DD5-94E6-7C0F3234B336.jpeg

These on the other hand were made from veggies picked off my ginormous cucumber bush! :headbang:
Bread and butter pickles shown in pic but also got couple jars I did dill style that are in the fridge! Just recently transplanted some new pepper plants (various sweet peppers) but the couple I picked that were growing already before transplant u can see I tossed em into 1 of the pickle jars for good measure! :eyebrows:
FF4E4D48-AFB9-4981-947D-B7C9240F0F08.jpeg
E03C1AF4-24EA-47EE-BBC1-81EE7E7124DE.jpeg
A4D8C0BA-E10D-435C-A699-CE388F28DB6B.jpeg
7C21CA99-5FA6-4771-891A-86310135727F.jpeg

:vibe:

Got some boneless country style pork and dusted with Montreal steak seasoning. Onto the grill they go for about an hour constantly turning. Then rolled in some Cannonball bbq sauce and moved to the top rack to get glazed up. Wife whipped up more coleslaw and bbq beans. Plus we had leftover beef stir fry from the night before she made egg rolls out of.
20210721_180910.jpg
20210721_181037.jpg
20210721_183521.jpg
20210721_183525.jpg
20210721_184253.jpg
20210721_190401.jpg

Got some boneless country style pork and dusted with Montreal steak seasoning. Onto the grill they go for about an hour constantly turning. Then rolled in some Cannonball bbq sauce and moved to the top rack to get glazed up. Wife whipped up more coleslaw and bbq beans. Plus we had leftover beef stir fry from the night before she made egg rolls out of.
View attachment 1346395View attachment 1346396View attachment 1346397View attachment 1346398View attachment 1346399View attachment 1346400
That looks lovely my man. Those little eggies look great, your asian style griddle stir-fry inside is a fantastic idea in my dumble opinion.

I'm pissed. I ran into my buddy at the local food bazaar and noticed a particular chunk of meat in his bag of holding. It is a boneless chunk of pork shoulder called Carnitas with a Mexican style wet marinade. I happened to have the exact same thing in my Reefer-igerator. I asked him if he wanted to smoke it and he said hell yeah. This is my boy that we to culinary school for anyone keeping score.

I flamed up my big kettle without the legs, and used a chimney full of Kingsford, and then added assorted cherry and hard maple chunks that are about 2-3 inch solid blocks. We hung out and smoked that shit indirect for about 6 hours drinking a few beers and smoking a little dope. We didnt start till 8:00, so it got pretty late...it was a good time though.

I made some killer slaw at about midnight...it was bangin and I should have made 3 times more...it was just the 3 of us hanging out, but it was so good.

I used my leftover coffee shelac sauce, which was about 5 or 6oz worth. I needed more sauce so I whipped up a fresh sauce, which was a coffee backed sweet and tangy Dijon barbeque. Both of those guys loved it, so I think I did alright.

The thing that pissed me off was that the pork didn't get any proper bark... because of the stupid wet rub/marinade Mexican thing. It ruined it. The pork was cooked awesome, but it was just not quite right. Lesson lernt. I ALWAYS use a rub too. What a shame..

My beach Weber is the holder for my big kettle, because the dummy leg welds are shot. Works lovely though, I've done it mad times. Smoke.
PXL_20210723_030245875.MP.jpg

That is em.
PXL_20210723_093516695.jpg

PXL_20210723_094024082.jpg

Back