Live Stoners Dr. Bubbles & Bushmasterar15's Food Network

Mossy: Tom & Pepper master sauce: Easy.
  • IMG_9910.JPG

IMG_9917.JPG

Instant Sunshine Sauce:

The Secret to the Mediterranean Diet.....?...
    The Spanish government supply cheap agricultural water to the farmers...so they can provide good cheap vegetables for everyone.
    If you are poor..you can still eat Well... :pass:

Pre lockdown I could go to the local market and get 1 euro bags of veggies like this..

IMG_9919.JPG

2-3 lbs of mixed peppers...1 euro...
    3-4 lbs local tomatoes..1 euro..

IMG_9906.JPG

2 x large iceberg...1 euro...
    2 x large kohl rabi..1 euro...

5 or 6 euros can keep hubby and I in fresh veggies for a week.....

Excess soft veg..toms peppers..get turned into master sauce.
    Chopped..sprinkle with salt..pepper..olive oil..vinegar...roast until quarter the size..:chef:..process..

Hubby likes them just as roast veg..
    Chopped up cold and tossed in a salad...
    Tom/pepper soup..
    All tomato based sauces...

Man0 Stir Fried frozen chicken: Quick & Easy:
  • Quick and easy stir-fry for dinner.

_DSC2889.JPG

It takes just about the same amount of time to cook the frozen chicken pieces as it does to cut up the vegetables. I use avocado oil with a dash of toasted sesame seed oil, . When the chicken is browned remove from the pan add a bit more oil and cook the vegetables (whatever you got!) down a bit add the meat back in add some Kikkoman Stir Fry Sauce (don't be too heavy with this sauce) and STIR baby STIR.

I had my carbs in cookies today so no fried noodles! They are so easy - just pop the noodle package in the micro for 1 minute and dump them in a pan of hot oil of your choice (peanut oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil) fry a few minutes on each side to the crispness you like.

I was trying to think of a vegetable that I have not stir-fried - the only one I could think of was cactus - Nopales. Not that I wouldn't I just don't have cactus around often.

Lily of the Zoo Cookies
  • Oh, boy! i finally found this thread. ! Here's the brownie recipe I posted for the festivus, to start out with since its already on my PC. I'll start posting some things on here, now that I know where it is. I remember @Mañ'O'Green asking me to post this on a cooking thread when i first posted it, but I could not find it.
    You don't HAVE TO use ganja butter for this. I've made about a dozen batches since the Festivus, and none of them had cannabis in them. My son loves them. The secret is in the brown sugar. But if you do not have the brown sugar, or butter, you can substitute easily. Oil works in place of the butter - you will get a slightly more cake-like brownie, so pull it out a couple of minutes early if you want it gooey. If you don't have brown sugar, regular sugar for the entire thing will work as well - it just wont have that added richness at the back. it will still be a good brownie. The baking chocolate can be left out entirely. If necessary, you can also reduce sugar to as little as 2/3 cup - it will be more dark-chocolatey. This should help conserve ingredients. I have done each of these things to the recipe on occasion (once doing ALL the substitutions at once, so it works!)

EVERYONE NEEDS A LITTLE CHOCOLATE -its a mood booster.
    I just made these last night, minus the frosting - butter is getting scarce, so i used oil - no ganja this time
    Instruction 3 for the brownies can be simplified if you are not using ganja butter. Just melt it in a pan, instead of double-boiling.

1585475224879.png

I'll start posting other lockdown recipes on here as I make them, for others who may not have any ideas during the lockdown. I've got quite a few gems tucked away.

Lilly of the Zoo Shepherds Pie
  • Ever have an empty pantry but a table full of hungry people? or perhaps need to make a small amount of meat stretch? Sheperd's Pie is a wonderful solution to that! I made an awesome one the other day - super simple, pantry food based, so anyone can make it. Originally it was made with minced lamb, and fresh vegetables, but not everyone has access to all that right now. This version is made with just 1lb of meat, and a couple of cans. It lasted 3 people 2 days of dinner.
    This can be made in any deep type of oven-ready dish. I used a large cast-iron skillet for mine. Even a pie tin from one of those frozen pies will work, too, if thats all you have :)

:Ingredients:
    1 lb. Ground meat (I used beef, but any meat will do - turkey, chicken, sausage - whatever)
    2-3 cans of any veggie you like (carrots, peas, and potatoes are popular)
    1 can cooking soup, or one pouch gravy mix (your choice 4 flavor)
    about 3-4 cup worth instant mashed potatoes (depending on how thick you want your top. remember, the sauce will sometimes bubble up )
    shredded cheese (optional)
    salt, pepper, seasonings of choice
    (I used oregano, fresh onion slivers (about 1/8 c just for flavor) and thyme)

Heat oven to 375 F
    First of all, you want to cook your meat beforehand. The veggies are already cooked from the canning process, so you dont want to add raw meat to that. Brown the meat well in a skillet, adding a little bit of salt, and pepper to the meat if you like. This would also be a good time to season the meat with any seasonings you may want to. I (if youre using a cast-iron in the oven, cooking the meat in that pan is perfectly fine).
    If you are using instant potatoes, now's the time to boil water, and prepare them as the directions say.
    If using real potatoes, cut them into little pieces (they cook faster) after peeling if you dont like the skin, and toss them in a pot of boiling water, for about 10 min, or until a fork goes through like butter. drain potatoes smash them, with a couple of Tablespoons of milk and one of butter to make creamy. Set aside for later.

Now comes the easy part(skillet on M heat to warm sauce)
    Drain the fat off the meat, and set aside. Make gravy packet/open cooking soup (unwatered down!) and pour into skillet, to get the craklins from the meat off the bottom for added flavor, while it warms, open up your couple of cans of veggies, drain them, and pour them into the pan w/the gravy.
    Once this is stirred in, put the meat back into it, and if you are not using a cast iron at this point, pout the mess into the baking dish.
    Top this with your mashed potatoes, make sure you get them all the way to the edge, like a top pie crust (hence the name)
    Cover this with your cheese of choice, and if you like, something like fresh onions, or another topping that would go with your sauce flavor of choice.
    You want to leave one or two spots just slightly away from the edge of the dish, because the sauce will bubble as it heats, and if the gas cant escape.... its fun time for the oven cleaner. It only has to heat through, since everything is cooked. Once the cheese is bubbly, and all melty burnt goodness, its ready to take out. This can also be made in a toaster oven for a one-person meal.

This is such a versatile meal, its perfect for a situation such as this.
    Let me know if you have any questions. Sorry no pics for this one. I didnt know about this thread when i cooked it. I'll have pics from now on.

Lilly of the Zoo: Pancakes
  • 0329_2431.jpg

HOMEMADE PANCAKE MIX
    this is another versatile mix, that you can put just about ANYTHING into, and have it come out tasty.
    It's really simple. If you dont have butter, oil or margarine will work. If you dont have eggs, applesauce if a good substitute. Just reduce milk by 1/4 cup, for the added moisture. About the same amount of applesauce as you would get in liquid egg. so from just under, to just over 1/4 cup. Just plop an egg into a measure cup the frst time you make, and scramble it up. that is about the amount of applesauce you want to use.

1 1/2 cups flour (all purpose, bleached or unbleached is all the same. Dont use cake flour )
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (NOT baking soda. very different uses.they will not substitute)
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 egg
    3 tablespoons melted butter
    1 1/4 cup milk (if using canned, evaporated milk, mix 1 cup milk with 1/4 cup water,

sift these together ALL dry ingredients and sit aside. Melt butter, and add to flour mixture. crack egg into milk, scramble together, and pout on top of butter. Mix all of this together, only JUST until all ingredients are wet. Overmixing will cause flat, rubbery pancakes because all the bubbles from the baking powder will pop. You will see some SMALL lumps. Break up any large lumps with as little stirring as possible.

ANY MIX INS SHOULD BE MIXED WITH DRY MIX BEFORE ADDING LIQUID

For example, I usually make cinnamon swirl raisin. I will add 1/2-1/3 cup raisins to the dry mix, plus 1 tsp cinnamon. Then once it is all mixed together, I will shake more cinnamon out until it covers the top of the batter in the bowl. As I scoop out each pancake, the dry cinnamon on top comes off in big swirls, and it makes the pancakes come out like swirl bread from peppridge farm.
    If you use canned fruit, reduce milk by up to 1/4 cup to compensate for added moisture ( I would add 1 cup milk to the mix at first, with the fruit AT THE SAME TIME. If it looks a little thick, add milk a bit at time, until it has normal pancake consistency. )
    This mix is just slightly thicker than store bought mix. It makes DELICIOUS pancakes. From 9-18 pancakes, depending on size. I got 18 out of this much mix, made small enough to fit on my spatula. They never make it to cooling off. Also good as PB&J bread substitute, I found out this morning :D

As always, if you have any questions., just msg me.

Man0: Hazelnut and oat waffles
  • We made Hazelnut Oat Waffles for breakfast yesterday and I have to recommend them to everyone. They are low carb and gluten free.

1/2 cup Hazelnut Flour
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    1/2 cup Oat milk (Almond Milk, milk or buttermilk?)
    1 large egg
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 Tbls. Xylatol (sweetner)
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp baking powder
    2 Tbls. oil (olive, avocado, etc)
    1/4 tsp salt

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. In a blender put the egg, vanilla, oat milk and stir (low speed) to mix then pour in the oil. Increase the speed a bit and add the dry ingredients. Blend on high speed until the batter is smooth.

We have a little 8" waffle iron and it makes 4.5 waffles. Serve with the toppings of your choice. I chose real Maple Syrup and goat butter!

Here is a topping most would not think of and it gives a real high class touch to waffles Homemade Cranberry Sauce. I have posted the recipe in this thread. I make extra during the holidays and freeze it.

:vibe:

Lilly: Banana bread
  • IMG_7992.jpg

Woke up yesterday morning and all my bananas were brown. YAY! I seldom get to make banana bread, because my son loves bananas and eats them greenish. Lucky me though once they're spotted he wont touch them!
    This can also be made with egg white, and shortening instead of butter. for less fat/cholesterol. You can also use sugar substitute. I have not tried these variations, personally. I'm too much of a southern cook. I like lots of butter and sugar in my sweets. (yes I know im in MI, but I am not from here. )
    BANANA BREAD... Yet another thing that doesnt last till cooling in my house. I was going to glaze it with a powdered sugar/vanilla glaze, but by the time it was cool enough, there was only a tiny corner left for me for breakfast. My son ate most of it for his. lol.

Here is the recipe, should you want to make some of your own.

1 cup chopped up bananas ( original said smash, but i like chunks of banana, so I chop them up with a spoon, get a little more than 1 cup.)
    2 c. all purpose flour (unbleached is ok)
    1/2 cup softened butter (margarine is an ok substitute. I dont like the flavor, but it is cheaper)
    1c. sugar (original says all white sugar, but I used 1/2 c. brown, and 1/2 c. natural sugar. )
    1 tsp baking powder
    1-2 tsp cinnamon
    (to taste)
    1/2 tsp baking soda (YES, both of them)
    5 tbsp milk (powdered milk will work)
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp. vanilla
    1 large egg, scrambled
    1/2 c. chopped walnuts
    (optional)

(another option would be to remove the nuts, and add instead 1/2 c raisins, 1/4-1/2 tsp ea. of clove and nutmeg. voila cinnamon-raisin banana bread. absolutely OUT OF THIS WORLD in bread pudding )
    IMG_7990.jpg

COOKING DIRECTIONS

1- First,preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Then, grease and flour your baking dish.

( Most popular is a 9x5 in. bread pan. I used a 9x9 pyrex pan, and shortened the time by about 15 minutes to compensate for a thinner bread)

2- sift together all of your powdered ingredients. (flour, baking powder/soda, salt, spices)This does NOT include the sugar. sugar is considered wet for most recipes.
    set those to the side in a small bowl.

3- In a large mixing bowl, cream together your butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add the egg. once this is incorporated well, add milk. once this is mixed, and your banana and nuts.

4- add the flour mixture 1/4 at a time, only JUST mixing the ingredients until they are wet, and not lumpy. The more you stir, the flatter your bread will be. adding flour slowly is only to prevent it flying everywhere as you try to stir it in, and also to preent large, unbreakable lumps.
    The baking soda and powder do not act over time like yeast does. Instead they release all their bubbles once they get wet. This means if you over-stir, you end up with rubbery, flat stuff no one wants to eat.

5- Pour batter into your dish, spreading out with a rubber spatula until even. mixture is slightly thick. Not like a cake.
    Bake for 45min to 1 hr, depending on your dish. It is done when the top rises, turns a lovely golden brown, and starts to crak open, just like the photo at top.

After a few minutes of cooling, transfer loaf to a wire rack, to cool completely. You can top with a glaze, powdered sugar, or just about anything.
    I just drizzled honey over the top, it was delicious.

IMG_7995.jpg
    IMG_7994.jpg

Bushy's potato recipe
  • It was to hot to cook inside so wife pulled out the cast iron pans. Made up a large skillet of scallop potatoes layered in batches thin sliced potatoes and fine diced onions salt pepper with pats of butter. Then mixed up 1 liter of heavy cream, extra salt, pepper, garlic powder and Worcester sauce that gets poured into pan to soak down. Then layer of mozzarella and sharp cheddar over the top. Then she went onto making the meatloaf mixture to be placed into the other cast iron pan. Heated grill up to 350f and cooked both for 90 minutes while having some beers sitting in the outdoor patio.
    20210706_153207.jpg
    20210706_153253.jpg
    20210706_154150.jpg
    20210706_154303.jpg
    20210706_160227.jpg
    20210706_160232.jpg
    20210706_173546.jpg
    20210706_173551.jpg
    20210706_180639.jpg
    20210706_180642.jpg
    20210706_182127.jpg

Mossy Pot Noodle
  • At the risk of being Shouted at......can I post the Mossy Pot Noodle...for the days you really can't be arsed to Cook......:crying:

Must be made in a Pot...for Authenticity.............

Start with either a good super stock..or some Good stock cubes....I use Knorr stock pots and I recommend them.

Half a stockpot...200 mls of water....roughly 1/3rd pint...don't get hung up on measures...:chef:

Microwave for 3 minutes......to dissolve the stock cube.........:stir:

IMG_1526.JPG

Add 200 grammes...quarter of a packet of rice noodles to the hot stock.....let them sit until soft....

IMG_1528.JPG

Add any combo of fine diced meat veg you want..in moderation......coz this is fast cook.
    Use cooked meat...ham..left over chicken....anything you have lying about....:chef:..
    Chilli and ginger are standard in out house...garlic...if you must.....:biggrin:

The longer your pot sits at this stage..the more the noodles will absorb the stock.....

When you are ready to eat...microwave for 3 minutes...adjust seasoning....

IMG_1531.JPG

Back