Live Stoners Dr. Bubbles & Bushmasterar15's Food Network

I was thinking I needed to take an antacid and then remembered what was for dinner :haha: . Whats in the pantry rice bowl.

_DSC2912.JPG
_DSC2910.JPG
_DSC2911.JPG
_DSC2909.JPG

Yes, I would do that again.

This morning's fare:

_DSC2908.JPG

My latest round of IBS testing has revealed I have become gluten intolerant. I knew something had changed and now I can fix it. I have not eaten gluten or almonds (showed bad on the test) in two weeks now and I seem better. Time will tell.

Breakfast today: Long Black Mocha Java Espresso, chicken maple sausage, fried zuccini and tomatoes with half of a "Honey" mango. The Honey mango sometimes called Champagne is our favorite and have just come into season.

View attachment 1173224

View attachment 1173221View attachment 1173222View attachment 1173223

@Mañ'O'Green ..did you say you also suffer from Diabetes type 2...?
If so...with IBS and now gluten sensitivity...I'd suggest you check out Metabolic syndrome X.
Diabetes type 2 with Bells on...total carb sensitivity... :pass:
My Hunch is Docs are misdiagnosing it as D type 2...

Time will tell.

Simple..simple..simple Gluten sensitivity test.

Totally remove gluten from the diet for 4-7 days.

After 4-7 days..eat two slices of toast or a sandwich.

If you wake up the next day with Flu symptoms..snotty..muscle aches..feeling like death..you are Gluten sensitive.

Simple and costs nowt to check. No Doc visit/fees...:pass:

I was not gluten sensitive 8 years a go but I am now.

Clue 1 Iga reaction to wheat in blood plasma.
ScreenHunter_250 Apr. 05 00.12.jpg

Clue 2 in the stool map.

ScreenHunter_250 Apr. 05 00.13.jpg

I have stopped eating gluten. It seems better but really to soon to tell.

Man0: Hazelnut and oat waffles
We made Hazelnut Oat Waffles for breakfast yesterday and I have to recommend them to everyone. They are low carb and gluten free.

1/2 cup Hazelnut Flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup Oat milk (Almond Milk, milk or buttermilk?)
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbls. Xylatol (sweetner)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 Tbls. oil (olive, avocado, etc)
1/4 tsp salt

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. In a blender put the egg, vanilla, oat milk and stir (low speed) to mix then pour in the oil. Increase the speed a bit and add the dry ingredients. Blend on high speed until the batter is smooth.

We have a little 8" waffle iron and it makes 4.5 waffles. Serve with the toppings of your choice. I chose real Maple Syrup and goat butter!

Here is a topping most would not think of and it gives a real high class touch to waffles Homemade Cranberry Sauce. I have posted the recipe in this thread. I make extra during the holidays and freeze it.

:vibe:

So when I went to Costco the other day I bought a bag of mandrins. They are not very sweet - almost tart. We decided to make marmalade with them and the lemons our neighbor gave us. It always comes out a bit thin because we only use about 1/3 of the sugar from a regular recipe and it wont get hot enough to reach jelly stage. It is killer on biscuits.

_DSC2916.JPG
_DSC2917.JPG
_DSC2918.JPG

Last edited:
Lilly: Banana bread
IMG_7992.jpg

Woke up yesterday morning and all my bananas were brown. YAY! I seldom get to make banana bread, because my son loves bananas and eats them greenish. Lucky me though once they're spotted he wont touch them!
This can also be made with egg white, and shortening instead of butter. for less fat/cholesterol. You can also use sugar substitute. I have not tried these variations, personally. I'm too much of a southern cook. I like lots of butter and sugar in my sweets. (yes I know im in MI, but I am not from here. )
BANANA BREAD... Yet another thing that doesnt last till cooling in my house. I was going to glaze it with a powdered sugar/vanilla glaze, but by the time it was cool enough, there was only a tiny corner left for me for breakfast. My son ate most of it for his. lol.

Here is the recipe, should you want to make some of your own.

1 cup chopped up bananas ( original said smash, but i like chunks of banana, so I chop them up with a spoon, get a little more than 1 cup.)
2 c. all purpose flour (unbleached is ok)
1/2 cup softened butter (margarine is an ok substitute. I dont like the flavor, but it is cheaper)
1c. sugar (original says all white sugar, but I used 1/2 c. brown, and 1/2 c. natural sugar. )
1 tsp baking powder
1-2 tsp cinnamon
(to taste)
1/2 tsp baking soda (YES, both of them)
5 tbsp milk (powdered milk will work)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 large egg, scrambled
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
(optional)

(another option would be to remove the nuts, and add instead 1/2 c raisins, 1/4-1/2 tsp ea. of clove and nutmeg. voila cinnamon-raisin banana bread. absolutely OUT OF THIS WORLD in bread pudding )
IMG_7990.jpg

COOKING DIRECTIONS

1- First,preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Then, grease and flour your baking dish.

( Most popular is a 9x5 in. bread pan. I used a 9x9 pyrex pan, and shortened the time by about 15 minutes to compensate for a thinner bread)

2- sift together all of your powdered ingredients. (flour, baking powder/soda, salt, spices)This does NOT include the sugar. sugar is considered wet for most recipes.
set those to the side in a small bowl.

3- In a large mixing bowl, cream together your butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add the egg. once this is incorporated well, add milk. once this is mixed, and your banana and nuts.

4- add the flour mixture 1/4 at a time, only JUST mixing the ingredients until they are wet, and not lumpy. The more you stir, the flatter your bread will be. adding flour slowly is only to prevent it flying everywhere as you try to stir it in, and also to preent large, unbreakable lumps.
The baking soda and powder do not act over time like yeast does. Instead they release all their bubbles once they get wet. This means if you over-stir, you end up with rubbery, flat stuff no one wants to eat.

5- Pour batter into your dish, spreading out with a rubber spatula until even. mixture is slightly thick. Not like a cake.
Bake for 45min to 1 hr, depending on your dish. It is done when the top rises, turns a lovely golden brown, and starts to crak open, just like the photo at top.

After a few minutes of cooling, transfer loaf to a wire rack, to cool completely. You can top with a glaze, powdered sugar, or just about anything.
I just drizzled honey over the top, it was delicious.

IMG_7995.jpg
IMG_7994.jpg

Well we made some St. Louis ribs again the other day. They are first Sous Vide for 12hrs, then I put on some dry rub to let sit before firing up the grill to finish with some BBQ sauce.

Well we made some St. Louis ribs again the other day. They are first Sous Vide for 12hrs, then I put on some dry rub to let sit before firing up the grill to finish with some BBQ sauce.

Nice bark.........................

Fish 'N' Chips:

_DSC2919.JPG

Back