Sweet Seeds El Samurai tips his hanzo sword with Red Poison

I was reading your journal - am I understanding correctly that you bubble your H2o & nutes in advance, to add oxygen to the water?
yes, that is correct. I'm using an organic set of pre-mixed nutes and figured a lot of the organic folks mix up a tea with guano, EWC, kelp and a few other things and bubble it up to get the microbs going so I thought I'd try it. if you try it, use a big bucket with a drip pan as at least the Dr. Earths brand nutes foam up a bit. I bubble 1 gal in a 5 gal bucket. but use it all as it will start stinking like a sewer LOL. does seem like it super charges the mix

yes, that is correct. I'm using an organic set of pre-mixed nutes and figured a lot of the organic folks mix up a tea with guano, EWC, kelp and a few other things and bubble it up to get the microbs going so I thought I'd try it. if you try it, use a big bucket with a drip pan as at least the Dr. Earths brand nutes foam up a bit. I bubble 1 gal in a 5 gal bucket. but use it all as it will start stinking like a sewer LOL. does seem like it super charges the mix
Using Dr earths premuim soil, with a tea..
71f9d3aed955d0ee8a48001b21d8ea5b.jpg
d48bdaea44ef55fba3d3cbec6553d7a6.jpg

Ah man I miss my funky colored RP lady might have to do another one soon the jar is looking a bit sad, but its so good and the 3 month cure oh man...:smoker1:...
Looking dank bro nearly there now.. :d5:

Using Dr earths premuim soil, with a tea..
71f9d3aed955d0ee8a48001b21d8ea5b.jpg
d48bdaea44ef55fba3d3cbec6553d7a6.jpg
that's one hell of a set-up TEK. how do you like the Dr. E soil?

Ah man I miss my funky colored RP lady might have to do another one soon the jar is looking a bit sad, but its so good and the 3 month cure oh man...:smoker1:...
Looking dank bro nearly there now.. :d5:
that's why I got a 3 pack. got a feeling i'll be trying all the Sweets Red Family. really unique strains and man, the aroma is out of this world

day 72, time to chop
she got the ax last night.very easy trim. I left all the small curly sugar leaf on as tgey are coved in trichs. wet weight 126gr. should get a little more than an oz out of her. not the largest haul but pretty decent haul. this thing was a joy to grow out. a bit of a hog as far as nutes. especially on the cal/mag. more cal than mag but other than that no real problems. I was a little nervous with going organic as far as yield but she got just as fat as anything I've grown so far using chem's.
and I know some people don't think it makes much of a difference, but as a life long smoker,i can definitely can tell a difference with the small samples I took. smooth Sweet and minimal cough. cant wait for some properly cured. gotta go. pics this evening

o.k.I took the grandsons fishing and now I'm back with the pics. so with no further ado,
DSC00459.JPG
DSC00460.JPG
DSC00463.JPG

this does not smell like weed! it's like some unreleased Sweet fruit candy. incredible! a must grow, at least for me.
now for a grow review
after the early ph problems I had, next time will be in Dr. Earths potting soil. as far as the Dr. E nutes; Nitro Big(veg) Golden Bloom(flower) and the Flower Girl bud and bloom booster, I give a big :thumbsup:. although I haven't done a scientific comparison with the same strain, all the plants so far have had the same comparable results I got with Fox Farms Trio with Beastie Bloom and Cha-Ching. seems like a good line for someone getting their feet wet with organics.
the 3 gal pots I used, well they are going out in the trash.things would not dry! I got some 3gal air pots to try next. hopefully that will work out better. for me, 5-6 days is too long between watering's . I feel I have more control watering every 2-3 days. if something needs adjusting I don't have to wait a week.
oh, if using LED have plenty of cal/mag supplements.
in short, I'm happy as I can be. and have 2 more beans to grow out.
big time props to the Sweet Seeds crew. a truly outstanding and unique genetics.
I'll Update with a smoke report after 3-4 weeks cure. thanks for tagging along everybody:peace:

I've now grown Dark Devil and Devil Cream...Red Poison is next up! (for Sweets) along with Cream Mandarin.

2 things I noticed....the taste gets even better and more complex out past two months cure
and that IMHO, it tastes even better at 57% RH than 62% RH. I pull a bud out of storage
then sit it out for about 20-30 minutes then load it up once it's purged just a bit more moisture.

Alright, that's not EXACTLY true...I pull enough out for the next 3 bowls and smoke the first one
right away, then the 2nd and 3rd taste better from the bud drying out ;)

Last edited:
What a stunning girl you had there sam. Im glad you enjoyed the organics trip and are sticking with it for now I have to agree best smoke ever tasted. So what do you have for the next round might have read it and forgot pretty high.

Back