Epic Starting material....

DSC

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
K guys, so I made a few trades and have a decent little stash of seeds to start with. I gave some away before I knew what I had but now that I've put int the time learning I'm realizing I"m decently lucky.

I was a commercial photo grower for years and kinda lost the passion when I couldn't make ends meet. I went through a stagnant time and now am finding myself excited by the prospect of breeding auto's and growing them. For months growing seemed like work and now I can't wait to wakeup in the morning so I have more time to study how AF plants work and how to breed properly using them. I recently for health reasons had to give up my main passion in life, and I hope this can also take up the energy I put into that. Where I live this allows a for sure crop, and I can have my medicine for the year without too much expense or work after the initial setup. (Compared to trying to run a climate controlled setup near Winnipeg Manitoba which is fucking hard and expensive on the hobbiest level.

Luckily I am legal for 495 plants indoors, and will be building a greenhouse that can be considered "Indoors" legally in Canada.

This allows me to have a plant count that will allow for small breeding projects, maybe even two at a time.

I was having analyzation paralyzation so I decided to start out this journy with a pack of seeds I traded for a rare photo cut (Jbeezy's Wedding cake, it presses a 22% return on the trim).

What I recieved is pretty good, with what I think may have some good starting material in it but I wanted everyones opinion on what they would start with out of what I have.

What I have that all came from original packaging.

Duch Passion: Auto Lemon Zkittle, Auto Glueberry O.G.
Mephisto: Sour Stomper,Galaxy Brain (Might be nightowl, I mailed some seeds to a friend in the OG package and saved mine in baggies),Five Rando Night Owl Seeds(Ib3elieve he bred with Mephisto before),Grizzly Crinkle,Sour Gummy Bears,Pino Noir, Cosmic Apprentice,Sweet + Smelly

RocBud: The Fringe , Magic Cookies Auto(Fem) V1.2, Passion Punch

Then Three Rando Vial marked as something that mean more to someone else than me: MBAP X 3BOG, BLACKBERRY, NCH x SB

My Goal is to Create Stablized Lines for Long term Future Tweaking. I already know I"ll be growing for the rest of my life and it won't be a source of income, but me and my friends go through a lot of smoke and edibles and I want to grow some reliable stuff that works where we live.

I"m Learning about Genetics and Mendels work an all that.

I've got a lot to learn. Not going to Lie, But from what I understand I should be able to grow out these plants and make informed guesses as which to use for moms.

I have a company that Creates STS and the Breeding Projects awill be used in the photo shoots for the website, so lots of info coming.

I've got 20 5x5 growing spaces, and a legal job that pays for all of this, so rememeber this is a hobby not and income and I can use all of it for the breeding projects however suits best.

What I was thinking of doing is studying as much as I can about the lineage of these seeds, then learn all about the Dominant and Reccessive Traits I should look for and chart out how to keep what I want while leaving enough autoflower to finish in 90 days tops.

I'm more worried about quality than quantity but both is great. I smoke designer photos, but some of my friends just smoke whatever is good and would love to throw them in their backyards in some 10 gallon promix pails every spring, or heaven forbid in the garden beside the veggies (which is why squat little gems are kinda cool too)

WHen you take the money aspect out of all this it becomes very fun, and low stress if you can get others to leave ego out.

If anyone is offended I'm using others work, well that's a disscussion I"m willing to have.

I also have some epic, world famous photo strains in my holding and within grasp that I may learn to breed into this but that seems above my level for now.

Hopefully that's not too lenghty and broken, I have ADD in the morning before enough bowls.

Welcome to AFN @DSC

:welcome::welcome:

Sounds like you've got some great experiences and strains to work with! I'm sure you'll find the info you're looking for here!

Looking forward to seeing your journals!
Blue ^_^

:d5:

Good luck on your project, it sounds like you have a really nice space to work with. I look forward to seeing how it progresses for you. Glad to hear it's going to be a fun hobby this time around.

Good luck on your project, it sounds like you have a really nice space to work with. I look forward to seeing how it progresses for you. Glad to hear it's going to be a fun hobby this time around.
Ya I realized the only thing making me deperessed and sad about growing was the money, so I got a regular job and removed the problem of involving money!

Ok this will be kinda much for a first go at it, but I only have two speeds and such.

I'm knocking everything up with both Sour Stomper and Lemon Zkittles Auto from Dutch Passion (Rebranded to kix for legal reasons). I only have one Sour Stomper so if she doesn't go then second daddy will be Auto Gluberry O.G. or Cosmic Queen.

I have two areas I can use and I'll capture the pollen in bread bags off one branch also both in seperate areas (keeping the pollen in my veg areas, flowering is 400 feet away in a barn.)

If anyone has any suggestions for F7 auto flowers that are worthy of breeding let me know :D. With my legal count I can end up doing 5-7 of each created strain as a tester for my locality outdoors and for indoor testing.

Been a long time since I had some excitement with this. THe crazyt thing is how fast this will all develop. And I'll have guaranteed female auto's with decent chance of all being worthy of time and resources.

Once I find my fav's time to stablize :D

MBAP = man bear alien pig (Mephisto)
3BOG = 3 bears og (Mephisto)
NCH = northern cheese haze ( Mephisto)

good luck with your endeavour.

MBAP = man bear alien pig (Mephisto)
3BOG = 3 bears og (Mephisto)
NCH = northern cheese haze ( Mephisto)

good luck with your endeavour.
Thank you very much! - I had started to put some of this together.

So far we have - Sweet and Smelly, Pino Noir, Sour Gummies, Grizzley Crinkle, The Fringe, Sour STomper all up with first tiny set of real leaves,
Poking through the soil we have Passion Punch, Magic Cookies and Black Berry.

I had a 200 watt (From the wall) x6 LED on them turned fully on, I think I started bleaching the first couple that came up so I turned off the full spectrum on it so they have about 60W of Blurple on them from 40". I have never started anything under this light and they seem to be doing well. I will add another of the same light/spectrum once they are all up and their first leaves are out.

Pics
Pics. Yes I'm a somewhat lazy gardener on my experiments. The plants I intend to reverse are in the bigger pots, unfortunately they are coming up last. Is this light too much? I've been growing clone onlys for like 10 years don't pop a lot of beans lol. The Solo cups are my breeders from photos, clone only cuts that got a light seeding from something in the room I never did find any nanners.

Seeds came from original Clone only excellent stabilized genetics, except it could have been seeded by Jbeezys wedding cake which I think is a Rando cross.

Attachments

• IMG_20220120_090018.jpg
    IMG_20220120_090018.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20220120_090014.jpg
    IMG_20220120_090014.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 75
The plants I intend to reverse are in the bigger pots, unfortunately they are coming up last. Is this light too much?
Nah, it's just how it is. I can only do a 1 plant grow in my setup so often drop 2 + seeds per pot and pick the strongest looking. They can appear at different days even when the tap root has uniformly sprung on all of them.
Usually there's only a day or 2 difference if they're gonna pop.

Back