Extending grow operation... Bills??

Cookiemonster69

It's all in the wrist ;')
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
I don't smoke!!!
Hi guys,

I was blown away by my last grow, it was my first successful grow in a 2x2 tent. My previous 5 attempts where major failures, due to human errors.
This run I had 4 fastbuds GSC plants, 3 of them gave bud, the 4th ended up being a photoperiod, hence I decided to throw it away.

But from 3 plants alone I yielded 20 ounces!!! I am VERY sure I would have hit 25 ounces of the 4th was auto too. About 90% of the nugs came out hard and dense. The Larf came out very turpeny and frosty, super super frosty. Waiting for my sieving mesh to arrive to make kief from it. The spider farmer sf4000 did it's thang gurl!!!

I left the lights running 22 hours a day and my monthly bills came out to £80..(I know this because my setup is the ONLY thing running at my place at the moment... No fridge no heating no microwave, everything has been turned off.)

But back to the point, I want to double my gains on my next run. I want to run a 5x2 tent, to literally run the exact setup times 2. 2 sf4000s under 8 plants this time. But that means my bills will be doubled, around £160 a month...

My flat is a 1 bedroom flat, with main and only energy being electric.

Does anyone have any advice on what's the upper bracket of bills before things raise eyebrows? I'm from the UK.

Reactions: EP3
@Cookiemonster69 Congrats on your successful grow. You could run your lights 18/6 and the yield will remain about the same. The quality may improve It has in my personal experiences. You could run the bigger space for £ 130.

Hi guys,

I was blown away by my last grow, it was my first successful grow in a 2x2 tent. My previous 5 attempts where major failures, due to human errors.
This run I had 4 fastbuds GSC plants, 3 of them gave bud, the 4th ended up being a photoperiod, hence I decided to throw it away.

But from 3 plants alone I yielded 20 ounces!!! I am VERY sure I would have hit 25 ounces of the 4th was auto too. About 90% of the nugs came out hard and dense. The Larf came out very turpeny and frosty, super super frosty. Waiting for my sieving mesh to arrive to make kief from it. The spider farmer sf4000 did it's thang gurl!!!

I left the lights running 22 hours a day and my monthly bills came out to £80..(I know this because my setup is the ONLY thing running at my place at the moment... No fridge no heating no microwave, everything has been turned off.)

But back to the point, I want to double my gains on my next run. I want to run a 5x2 tent, to literally run the exact setup times 2. 2 sf4000s under 8 plants this time. But that means my bills will be doubled, around £160 a month...

Does anyone have any advice on what's the upper bracket of bills before things raise eyebrows? I'm from the UK.
Hello i live in the uk my eletric bill is £250+ month i dont think they give a shit as long as you pay your bill if you use a tumble dryer that would use more electric than your grow room so dont worry i would be more concernd about the smell then your electric bill and tell no one of your hobby as lose lips sink ships

Not sure about your electric provider but mine in US has a minimum charge of $40.00, been rebuilding other place and have had main breaker turned off for 2 months while I sorted out some wiring. Asked them about it and was told it was "connection minimum fee".

@Cookiemonster69 Congrats on your successful grow. You could run your lights 18/6 and the yield will remain about the same. The quality may improve It has in my personal experiences. You could run the bigger space for £ 130.

I will deffinately take that into consideration. On my next small grow I will now run 18/6 to see how significant the difference in yields are. Thanks!

UK electricity companies will never question high usuage never ever provided you pay the bills.If ya dont pay your bills a debt collecter calls not the police.
Take 20p/kwhour as an average for rough sums.
old fashioned spinning dial meter,new digital meter,fancy new meter that tells you the toaster is burning 500w when its on standby etc. meters,prepaid card meters thing.UK electric companies dont care (they want you to use more electricty,but at the same time fluffing us all that they/we/use are doing the environment good) more profits for the stakeholders :thumbsup:
Only time an electric company will get the police involved is "fraudulent use" running off a neighbour or a streetlight,gerry rigging your meter etc.
i hope you have at least got a comfy chair ? turn all that shit back on and dont fret :pass:
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

Hello i live in the uk my eletric bill is £250+ month i dont think they give a shit as long as you pay your bill if you use a tumble dryer that would use more electric than your grow room so dont worry i would be more concernd about the smell then your electric bill and tell no one of your hobby as lose lips sink ships

The smell issue I can get rid of with no problems at all. I keep my setup isolated and make sure I have enough negative pressure even when lights are off. About loose lips, that's what I'm worried about more than anything...

250 a month! That's crackalacking! I'm assuming you have a 1 bed + property? I'm just feeling a little reserved how I have a 1 bed, and drone will question why a 1 bed would use such energy, but with Ur answer I'm feeling optimistic

UK electricity companies will never question high usuage never ever provided you pay the bills.If ya dont pay your bills a debt collecter calls not the police.
Take 20p/kwhour as an average for rough sums.
old fashioned spinning dial meter,new digital meter,fancy new meter that tells you the toaster is burning 500w when its on standby etc. meters,prepaid card meters thing.UK electric companies dont care (they want you to use more electricty,but at the same time fluffing us all that they/we/use are doing the environment good) more profits for the stakeholders :thumbsup:
Only time an electric company will get the police involved is "fraudulent use" running off a neighbour or a streetlight,gerry rigging your meter etc.
i hope you have at least got a comfy chair ? turn all that shit back on and dont fret :pass:
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

LOL I'm freezing my slippers off trying to keep my energy low! I was wondering the same! Isn't more money good for these money hungry corporations.

You know what, I am going to make the leap . Just need to find a 4x8 tent on Amazon now!

Thank you all for your contributions!

Hi guys,

Wow 20oz from 2x2 you have any pics

Wow 20oz from 2x2 you have any pics

That's the 4 plants in 1 fabric pot. Each quarter separated with plastic separation. That's from the 3 that flowered!! I wish the 4 th was autoflower, but it stayed lush green and was overgrowing the tent with its veg stage
IMG_20201112_204844_486~2.jpg

Back