Indoor Fastbuds Californian Snow & CBD Crack (Only1Sky)

Only1Sky

The only way out is in.
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dinafem, Sweet Seeds, Mephisto, HSO
Hi Folks. Going to add a couple of new (to me anyway) Fastbuds strains to my repertoire. This grow will feature two each of Californian Snow and CBD Crack :biggrin:

Here's the setup:
Gorilla Grow tent: 4x4x8
Light: Amare SolarECLIPSE SE450+UVB LED
Pot: 3 gal. airpot
Medium: Roots Organics Original; amended with dolomite, azomite, silicium & worm casings
Nutrients: Megacrop, Sweetcandy & Bud Explosion from @Greenleaf Nutrients
Light Schedule: 20/4
Other: 6" intake fan, 6" exhaust fan, two interior circulation fans in opposite corners
Small humidifier & dehumidifier

My usual germination process starts off with 12-24 hours in a shot glass of RO water. Appropriate shot glasses are mandatory.

0.0 1st Drop a.JPG

Last edited:
i’m gonna pull up a seat, if you don’t mind...
I read your Cream Cookies journal :drool: very nice mate.

best of luck.

I don't wait for the seeds to crack, although sometimes they do, I just pop 'um in damp paper towel and place in dark sealed bag/container on a mild heat source. I'm looking to get tails within 2-3 days. And, wha-la, here we are:

0.2 1st germ e.JPG
0.2 1st germ d.JPG

Unfortunately, one of those Californian Snows cracked fine but never put out a tap root. So we had to drop another seed of that stain, and that one worked just fine.

Then my trusty tweezers help me place the tap root into a tiny grow cube or root starter. And I wait for another couple of days ... hoping to see signs of life. When they pop, I call it "DAY 1", or date of birth.

1.CBDs b.JPG
2.CAS1 (1) b.JPG

Here's the 2nd seed drop for CA.Snow --- coming along nicely.

3.CAS2 (0).JPG

At this point I sometimes plant the starter plug right into the final pot, but this time my pots weren't ready so the girls will get a about a week with the plug planted in a small peat pot containing exactly the same soil mix as the final pot. This way its easy to get a humidity dome over the whole tray. They're under dual T5 bulbs 24 hours. Here there are at day 8:

8.Tent c.JPG

Day 9 the peat cubes went into their final homes - 3 gallon (yellow bottom) Air-Pots. Here's a look at day 12 and then again at day 20:

12.Tent b.JPG
20.Tent a.JPG

Each Air-Pot sits on a wheeled plastic dolly with a hole in the center and a removable tray below. The wheels makes it a breeze to rotate and exchange position within the tent, and the drainage-capture mechanism ensures that I know when a pot is saturated, and by how much. :biggrin:

At this point I'm having stress on the early leaves. Operator error I'm sure. First, I got too excited and administered feed before it was really needed -- so I think there is some "nute burn" on a few tips. So I've backed off there. More significant, I think I turned on the COB portion of my Amare light too soon -- probably causing more stress and cal-mag deficiency. So we're backed off the COBs, raised the light, and introduced Cal-Mag supplement. Hopefully we'll get past these growing pains in due time. :smoking:

Jumping ahead now to Day 35. Lots of stretch going on. From left to right: Calif.Snow [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] 15", CBD Crack [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] 14", CBD Crack [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] 20.5" and Calif.Snow [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] 13"

35.Tent b.JPG

CBD Crack [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] is the clear stand-out leader of the pack. She's feeding more, growing faster, and showing beautiful early-flower bud sites, more than 30 at causal count:

35.CBD1 a.JPG
35.CBD1 b.JPG

Day 40 for Calif.Snow [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] and day 38 for Calif.Snow [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]. Both doing well, but very slow to show any flower development. So far, no topping and no LST on either, just the occasional bit of leaf tucking or trimming. They're drinking about 1 liter every-other-day consisting of Megacrop, SweetCandy, BudExplosion and CalMg. Here's [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]

41.CAS1 (40) b.JPG
41.CAS1 (40) c.JPG

And here's [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] -- looking very similar.
41.CAS2 (38) c.JPG
41.CAS2 (38) f.JPG

Day 41 for the two CBD Crack plants. Although they're the same age, [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] is about 2 weeks ahead of [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]. Flowers are only just now beginning to form on [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]. Both gals got topped when they were 25 days old, and have responded well. They've also been subjected to fairly extensive LST to try to open up the center and keep the significant branches close to creating an even canopy. Here's [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]:

41.CBD1 a.JPG
41.CBD1 f.JPG

And now here is [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]:
41.CBD2 a.JPG
41.CBD2 e.JPG

Back