New Grower First Auto Attempt - New Year Budget Bucket Grow

Samwell

Weed Wrestling Worldwide
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Mephisto Mystery
Hi all,

With my first grow I want to get a plant to harvest on a $250 budget for materials. Hopefully I'll learn a lot and don't impede myself too much by setting such a strict budget since I know quality of some of my items will be lower.

Items already owned - drill, box cutter, screwdriver, measuring tape, duct tape, scissors, power strip, zip ties, temp/humidity meter, seeds.

$13 - 4 5gallon buckets x $3.25- I rigged together a space bucket over the past week using four 5 gallon buckets. It sits about 30 inches tall. As much as I wanted it to be a super clean fancy bucket, but I realized quickly I don't have the tools or skills needed yet.

$13 - pc fans - exhaust fan and fan to circulate air.

$8 - timer- will put bucket on 18/6 schedule

$8 - set of 5 3gallon fabric pots - Using a 3 gallon fabric pot that I needed to fold down a little bit so that I have a few more inches to work with. I should be able to use the pot as an anchor for lst. I'm thinking I should have gone with 2 gallon pots, but I'll see how this goes.

$40 - 216w UFO LED - 72 3w bulbs, actually wattage pulled is probably 60-75. I didn't feel like spending half the budget on a higher quality light, but there was a 300w growstar light that I think I could've spent the extra $28

$24 - Bushdoctor Coco Loco - I should've done more research here and just got a brick of coco. This potting mix seems more like coco coir with organics mixed in, but I'll run with it. Fox farm customer service suggested no nutes until week 2/3 just keep an eye. It was 2cu ft of potting mix so I imagine this is going to last me a ton of grows as I will do 1 plant at a time.

$27 - AN coco bloom A+B - not sure if I need to go to regular based on the potting mix. I plan on following @TaNg easy auto feeding schedule with adjustments as needed.

$12 -calmag - coco specific nutes supposed to help for this issue but you never know.

$8 - pH up and down kit - tap water looks to come out over 8 while water from the fridge is looking to be more towards 4.5.

I've got about $100 of the budget available at the moment. Here's what I probably need:

$20 - pH and tds meters
$20 - AN overdrive and carboload

Anything else you can think of?

I dropped a blue cush and kush autos I got as freebies from seedsman, hopefully one pops her head up. If they both do, I think I might turn one into a cup grow and get some CFLs on it. If neither do, I'll drop some more.

Pics will come as things progress!

Thanks all.

Sounds good so far bro! Ill tell you what though, I get 2kg bricks of coco from the pet store for $8 , that could easily last 4 grows if not more.

Lets see some pictures lol

Couple pics of what its like with the light on. I've got couple extra spacers I can throw in to give me about 6 more inche, but hoping to tame with lst and not need them.
b124476b88777d6817ef3fe3be67e0b7.jpg
f74e9a347213f67013f4520c9a374a4b.jpg
b233b5cf041989e41a256def736b99ce.jpg

Hey thanks for tagging me in. Never grown in such a small space so it'll be cool to watch. May I make a recommendation for you to get yourself a good pH meter? Gotta stay on top of it in coco! Good luck bro

Hey thanks for tagging me in. Never grown in such a small space so it'll be cool to watch. May I make a recommendation for you to get yourself a good pH meter? Gotta stay on top of it in coco! Good luck bro

Any recommendations?

I thought about it, but after getting gallon of water to test the 6.0 color and then coco pH perfect nutes, I thought I would just continue with what I've got to really stay under the budget just in case I needed wiggle room for any unexpected buys.

Then again, maybe having the good pH meter will reduce the chance that there will be any unexpected buys.

good on ya for getting stuck in and doin it your way.we all would have done things different if we were to have our time again.its as much a hobby as it is a medicine or just for fun elements,there will always be a to do list/to get list/should have done list.
an eejits thoughts on PH....if all is going well in the garden we can more or less ignore PH.if things arnt going well in the garden a PH pen is key.
and a ph pen isnt the end of it,ph calibration 4,7 fluid is needed.possibly cleaning and storage solution to depending on pen.no doubt the acurate8 is the best but at £70 out of reach to a lot and a luxury for most.
i took the chance on these two https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TDS-Test...d=122689338932&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982
have seen me right for a couple of years.
good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:

Back