Grow Room FLORAFLEX DISC FILTER AND 3/4 FEMALE CONNECTORS ISSUE

Willyhaze

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Thank you in advance for your help I’m in the process of assembling a flora flex micro drip system and I’m wondering if these 3/4 female connectors should fit tighter onto the filter and drip line connector seems to spin when tightened

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 8
They are NPT which is tapered the further they thread on the tighter it should get mine aren't bottomed out of that's what you mean. 3/4 garden hose thread doesn't work very well with it easy to cross thread and slip

Also I would get rid of those brass fittings I believe they can leech toxic metals into the feed.

This is what @Mañ'O'Green told me about this:

If it is made from Stainless Steel it is ok, any other metal will leach into the nutrient mix in a strength that will stunt and/or kill the plant. I learned this lesson the hard way. This is what happened to my plant from a brass fitting in my top-off bucket. This is Copper Toxicity:
DSC00296.JPG

Fitting.jpg

DSC00261.JPG

DSC00259.JPG

DSC00256.JPG

i found some female to female 3/4 PVC fittings on amazon will that work instead
They are NPT which is tapered the further they thread on the tighter it should get mine aren't bottomed out of that's what you mean. 3/4 garden hose thread doesn't work very well with it easy to cross thread and slip

@Lil Dab some modifications after your suggestion Don’t believe i will be having any leaks now thaanks

Good deal happy to help I really like that filter been using it a few grows. Easy to clean and does a good job haven't had much issues with plugging emitters since I started using it

@Lil Dab can you give me some advice on setting this up

I can not I was just admiring that in your other thread. I looked into that exact model briefly but have not dropped the coin on one. I just check and adjust PH manually daily :joy::wall:

Please let me know how it works for you I'd be interested in getting one eventually

Back