New Grower First Grow Newbie! 4X4 RDWC LED CBD

mattskeee

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

First time grower and poster here! I've been doing a lot (I hope enough!) Of research, and am about to undertake my first grow once I've finally locked everything in. I use Metric measurements so I'll try and remember to do the calculations for those playing at home when I can!

First I'll start with the basics of my setup!

140CM x 140CM X 200CM Tent (4.7"x4.7"x6.5")

DIY Recirculating DWC Bubble/Waterfall System

4 x 15L Grow Pots, 1 x 15L Brain/Reservoir Pot (4 gallon pots) w/ Hydroton medium, washed and soaked in low ph water.

Submersible Aqua One Water Pump

4 Outlet Air Pump + 4 100mm(4") Air Discs (each grow bucket)
2 Outlet Air Pump + 2 Medium Air Stones (reservoir)
(Yes next time will be 6 Outlet Vivosun Pro air pump, although at least this way I have some air redundancy)

1000W Greenfingers LED "Full Spectrum, Veg and Flower switches"

6" Fan, 6" Carbon Filter (Exhaust)

100cm Tower Fan

BLUELAB GUARDIAN - ph, water temp, EC/PPM monitor for the Reservoir.

As mentioned this is a recirculating deep water culture system, with waterfall feed and bubbles in every pot. There is a 1" 25mm return line, and a 13mm 1/2" feed line.

Oxygenation and circulation should be spot on. Monitoring of the water via the Bluelab Guardian should make things heaps easier!

I have a basic Temp/humidity sensor from eBay, but might upgrade this to a better CO2/TEMP/HYGRO soon.

The Set up will be in the tent, in a garage, and I am coming into winter. Temps now at end of Autumn are around 25°c. Around early 20s in tent and garage. However, outside temps will begin to fluctuate between 0⁰ and 20°C (-32F - 68F) standard winter in the Southern Hemisphere.

5 x 15L Pots. Estimating 2/3 full so looking at about 50L total volume. This may end up slightly higher once I get the water in and see how close the level is to the bottom of the nets / rootcups etc.

I'm hoping to germinate in Root Plugs "Rapid Rooters" or similar, as opposed to Rockwool, only due to anecdotal research. If anyone has suggestions around the easiest Germination>Seedling>Veg process for DWC buckets/net pots, I'd love the feedback!

Which brings me to a very important point! SEEDS!

I will be using Autoflowering Feminised CBD strains mostly.

The first lucky 4 seeds will be - Kings Kush Auto CBD from Green House Seed Co.

After that I will be trying a Charlotte's Sister CBD Autofem from Sagseedbank.com

A lot of the research I have done has been (unknowingly) on Photoperiod girls. And also all the other variables like soil/coco/hydro It was only in the last day or two I realised some differences in the photo vs auto growing process, which I'm glad I did! However now I'm a little more confused.

Just realised I forgot something, NUTES!

I will be using General Hydroponics Flora Series -

Gro, Bloom, Micro, and I also have Cal Mag.

As well as this, I also have Great White Mycorrhizae for root stimulation.

The only other two things I'm considering are Silica, and a PK booster. Open to recommendations here!

As you may have noticed, I don't like doing things half assed, or without research, so I hope I'm on the right track.

I'm going to write a list of my main questions and considerations soon, but that will be in another post.

For the moment I've attached a very early shot of the draft layout of the tent.

Looking forward to taking this journey with you all, and I'm thankful in advance for all your advice and support!

Cheers!
1a1c0dd2eff0968473d9823b9937479c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone!

First time grower and poster here! I've been doing a lot (I hope enough!) Of research, and am about to undertake my first grow once I've finally locked everything in. I use Metric measurements so I'll try and remember to do the calculations for those playing at home when I can!

First I'll start with the basics of my setup!

140CM x 140CM X 200CM Tent (4.7"x4.7"x6.5")

DIY Recirculating DWC Bubble/Waterfall System

4 x 15L Grow Pots, 1 x 15L Brain/Reservoir Pot (4 gallon pots) w/ Hydroton medium, washed and soaked in low ph water.

Submersible Aqua One Water Pump

4 Outlet Air Pump + 4 100mm(4") Air Discs (each grow bucket)
2 Outlet Air Pump + 2 Medium Air Stones (reservoir)
(Yes next time will be 6 Outlet Vivosun Pro air pump, although at least this way I have some air redundancy)

1000W Greenfingers LED "Full Spectrum, Veg and Flower switches"

6" Fan, 6" Carbon Filter (Exhaust)

100cm Tower Fan

BLUELAB GUARDIAN - ph, water temp, EC/PPM monitor for the Reservoir.

As mentioned this is a recirculating deep water culture system, with waterfall feed and bubbles in every pot. There is a 1" 25mm return line, and a 13mm 1/2" feed line.

Oxygenation and circulation should be spot on. Monitoring of the water via the Bluelab Guardian should make things heaps easier!

I have a basic Temp/humidity sensor from eBay, but might upgrade this to a better CO2/TEMP/HYGRO soon.

The Set up will be in the tent, in a garage, and I am coming into winter. Temps now at end of Autumn are around 25°c. Around early 20s in tent and garage. However, outside temps will begin to fluctuate between 0⁰ and 20°C (-32F - 68F) standard winter in the Southern Hemisphere.

5 x 15L Pots. Estimating 2/3 full so looking at about 50L total volume. This may end up slightly higher once I get the water in and see how close the level is to the bottom of the nets / rootcups etc.

I'm hoping to germinate in Root Plugs "Rapid Rooters" or similar, as opposed to Rockwool, only due to anecdotal research. If anyone has suggestions around the easiest Germination>Seedling>Veg process for DWC buckets/net pots, I'd love the feedback!

Which brings me to a very important point! SEEDS!

I will be using Autoflowering Feminised CBD strains mostly.

The first lucky 4 seeds will be - Kings Kush Auto CBD from Green House Seed Co.

After that I will be trying a Charlotte's Sister CBD Autofem from Sagseedbank.com

A lot of the research I have done has been (unknowingly) on Photoperiod girls. And also all the other variables like soil/coco/hydro It was only in the last day or two I realised some differences in the photo vs auto growing process, which I'm glad I did! However now I'm a little more confused.

Just realised I forgot something, NUTES!

I will be using General Hydroponics Flora Series -

Gro, Bloom, Micro, and I also have Cal Mag.

As well as this, I also have Great White Mycorrhizae for root stimulation.

The only other two things I'm considering are Silica, and a PK booster. Open to recommendations here!

As you may have noticed, I don't like doing things half assed, or without research, so I hope I'm on the right track.

I'm going to write a list of my main questions and considerations soon, but that will be in another post.

For the moment I've attached a very early shot of the draft layout of the tent.

Looking forward to taking this journey with you all, and I'm thankful in advance for all your advice and support!

Cheers!
1a1c0dd2eff0968473d9823b9937479c.jpg

Nice set up, and space to add more later if you want. Welcome to AFN

KeepItLit

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Was just looking at the light and it's actual wattage, and foot print for veg it recommended 2 X 2 ft for veg and your tent is 4ft x 4ft, do you plan to add more light further down the line?

Was just looking at the light and it's actual wattage, and foot print for veg it recommended 2 X 2 ft for veg and your tent is 4ft x 4ft, do you plan to add more light further down the line?

At this point, I'm going to try with just the single 1000w LED.

I'm aware what the specs say, but I'm hoping for the best.

The way I can set out the plants in the tent, I can get them pretty close 30cm Pot, 15cm Space, 30cm pot, with some room around the outside. I will have a more rectangular "grow space", with the light not sitting over the reservoir, and directly over the plants.

As I've already invested, and it's first grow, I'll leave it as is.

I was tempted to buy a 315w/600w 4200k CMH to try and use the one light through out the whole grow (I like the idea of one light for the whole cycle), but I will save this investment once I have a bit more experience.

M

I like to think that manufacturers underestimate their specs a little, and I've got my fingers crossed it's okay :)

Of course man, build up over time, just when you look at lights, look at the actual wattage not the wattage that they advertise to get people interested. For example the company that make mine say 2000w but it's actually 451w from the wall and would replace around 600-800 hps bulb. With the amount of plants your doing I feel they will struggle for light, you don't need to spend a huge amount, but the 135w that light produces would be ok for maybe one or two plants, but I am sure someone else with more experience will chime in.. it's exciting tho getting your first grow going I am about to start only my 5th grow.

Of course man, build up over time, just when you look at lights, look at the actual wattage not the wattage that they advertise to get people interested. For example the company that make mine say 2000w but it's actually 451w from the wall and would replace around 600-800 hps bulb. With the amount of plants your doing I feel they will struggle for light, you don't need to spend a huge amount, but the 135w that light produces would be ok for maybe one or two plants, but I am sure someone else with more experience will chime in.. it's exciting tho getting your first grow going I am about to start only my 5th grow.

What lights are you running?

As an aside, I was looking at the Viparaspectra 1200w PAR Dimmable.... Around $700 here.

Also about the same for a 630w CMH setup.

If this first grow fails miserably, I'll look to a new light, as I think I (in theory) the rest is okay?

Back