Flushing vs. Flushing

And the statement, my buddy says, is the cause of my laughter. Ask you buddy how he knows, where did he learn this? I bet you could trace this rumor back through 20 people that would all parrot the same answer without being to answer the why of it.
People still believe you have to plant according to moon phases and astrological signs....... flushing rates right up these with that!

Your basically on the right track. Sugars however, cannot be absorbed or transported through the roots, the molecules are too large and do not carry a charge. Only ionic forms of nutrients can be transported into the plants and the osmosis process can't transpoprt them through the membrane. Plants create their own sugars and store them on fan leaves. Tapering nutes to a lower level may be fine as your plant uses less as they near the end. I have considered doing so but have not yet as feeding at my set amount till chop works. However, I feed at a lower amount than many do.

Re Toilet Flushing ... can you tell this to my teenage girls who seem to have lost this function?

I think in the Auto world we often forget the compressed life cycle of these plants (often as low as 60 days), the concept of a two week flush (sorry cleanse) is alien to me << I will taper off nutes where used (soil grower) - but 2 weeks that's like (hmm brain whir) say 15% of the plants life cycle time, I'm sure the plant could be doing other things than dealing with a sudden shock from drop-off of available nutrients as the 'cleanse' runs thru with 2 weeks to go.

I'm also not convinced on the 'makes it taste better' either : I think there are so many other factors in the curing process that probably cause more variation in flavour than a few nutes still present will do (ppm levels will be minimal). Molases is an interesting one - as I understand it the sugar is 'held' by the plant (locked in via osmosis) until used - so yes feeding molases in the last weeks(s) could result in sugars being present that won't be 'converted' as part of curing.

We can strive for better weed but sometimes (not to be too blunt about it) - we get up our own arse making things seem more complicated that it should be.

the roots exude their own sugars to feed to population and attract the life and paticular things they need. plants attract what theyu need. but a small sugar boost for the soil is surely not harmful..? the saying goes, cakes,cookies n stuff. LOL i forget the saying but it boils down to proteins,sugars,carbohydrates and a few other things in slight amounts. cakes n Pies and cakes n pies. they exude sugars predominantly. where to they get it from? they make it but a slight boost is always welcomed if done mellow enough...? once disolved into the soil the life is eating it up l;ike near the transition zone of the root zone. so it can be a nice comfy benefit at times but not all the time like somme like to feed sugars to their plants. LOL! just makes a sweet soil. literally with a tasty run off too I would imagine lmfao!!

http://www.agverra.com/files/The_Rhizosphere.pdf

And the statement, my buddy says, is the cause of my laughter. Ask you buddy how he knows, where did he learn this? I bet you could trace this rumor back through 20 people that would all parrot the same answer without being to answer the why of it.
People still believe you have to plant according to moon phases and astrological signs....... flushing rates right up these with that!

Well mate we are on the same track on meaning of flushing..i get that,but didn't know I have to say it first :D

Secondly..my buddy didn't say anything neither did I said he did- look above...

Thirdly, AN flawless finish has magnesium 0.97% and sodium 1.3%. .
So I was reading on my own what flawless finish is all about and why sodium and magnesium??and then I stumbled upon some article saying to use epsom salts...and since I was high as fuck and I can't find that article I wanted to ask here where I trust people :D

Peace again ;)

Sugar for the soil is a great thing, I agree, as long as people don't over do it.

the roots exude their own sugars to feed to population and attract the life and paticular things they need. plants attract what theyu need. but a small sugar boost for the soil is surely not harmful..? the saying goes, cakes,cookies n stuff. LOL i forget the saying but it boils down to proteins,sugars,carbohydrates and a few other things in slight amounts. cakes n Pies and cakes n pies. they exude sugars predominantly. where to they get it from? they make it but a slight boost is always welcomed if done mellow enough...? once disolved into the soil the life is eating it up l;ike near the transition zone of the root zone. so it can be a nice comfy benefit at times but not all the time like somme like to feed sugars to their plants. LOL! just makes a sweet soil. literally with a tasty run off too I would imagine lmfao!!

http://www.agverra.com/files/The_Rhizosphere.pdf

Hear is the very basics of leaf senescence. ie. the fall colors, general leaf drop, and the primary functions behind why your leaf turns yellow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plant_senescence

http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fpls.2015.00317/pdf

"The fourth identified strategy has been less described and relies on the remobilization of shortormid-term storage of macro-and micronutrients within the plant, which may be used to buffer a transient lack of mineral uptake by roots. This strategy occurs during vegetative growth when the availability of nutrients in soil is insufficient, mature leaves become sources to support the growth of news organs for example for N (Malagoli et al., 2005) or S (Abdallah et al., 2010). "

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4844269/

"This knowledge supports the observation that newer organs in the shoots have similar or higher Mg concentrations than older organs under Mg-limited conditions."

"This demonstrates that Mg retranslocation from old mature leaves is not as vigorous as that from young mature leaves. In contrast to Mg, translocation of K to the young sink organs from old mature leaves was reported to be comparable to that from young mature leaves under K-deficient conditions"

Last edited:
If I come on a bit strong, I apologize! This subject just gets me going. This is probably one of the oldest, Cannabis garden myths there is and its like trying to get rid of fleas.........it just keeps coming back.......... And I believe that the so called canna nutrient companies are all liars and thieves. They will tell you the sun is green if they thought they'd make money doing it. They dodge lawsuits for products that make ridiculous claims by adding a little something thats an actual plant nutrient, just so they can say, its got stuff good for plants in it.

Well mate we are on the same track on meaning of flushing..i get that,but didn't know I have to say it first :D

Secondly..my buddy didn't say anything neither did I said he did- look above...

Thirdly, AN flawless finish has magnesium 0.97% and sodium 1.3%. .
So I was reading on my own what flawless finish is all about and why sodium and magnesium??and then I stumbled upon some article saying to use epsom salts...and since I was high as fuck and I can't find that article I wanted to ask here where I trust people :D

Peace again ;)

plants-04-00756-g007.jpg

Back