Flushing vs. Flushing

you guys really should take a peek at this newer stuff. the microbiome.they touch HEAVILY (in the docuflick but overall here too) on MS

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/communal-learning-tlo-thread.53925/page-13#post-1385401

02 in the root structure intake is different than some think it is too :D these canna companies are full of shit PERIOD lol pops has it 100% correct. no matter what your medium its a waste of water,changes the medium for the worse typically and lacks the O2 it desires for proper feeding and leaching of said foods and the like. this is old knowledge in the organics relm and the chem world has taken it on hard because of marketing and their chems are shit and make it taste and bad ions(psudo ions of you will_ that yiu want to get rid of. so why use chems at all? thats always been my take on it. a slight rinse is ALL thats required(even then not always) one time prior to harvest. and thats only if you hit em with sugars,molasses a hard top coating. thats it. a lil run off. easy eh?LOL!

Abstract
The radial movement of oxygen in excised corn and jack bean roots was measured with a platinum wire electrode embedded in the root tissue. Measurements were made with the roots exposed to air and with the roots immersed in nutrient solution in the presence and absence of millimolar sodium azide. Effective rates of oxygen diffusion in the root tissue were also measured from 5 to 30 C and compared to the respiration rates of similar root segments over the same temperature range. Under conditions which allow the roots to exude freely, the interior of the root operates under an oxygen deficit. Inhibition of respiratory oxygen uptake by low temperature or azide treatment increased the flux of oxygen to the root interior.

you guys really should take a peek at this newer stuff. the microbiome.they touch HEAVILY (in the docuflick but overall here too) on MS

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/communal-learning-tlo-thread.53925/page-13#post-1385401

02 in the root structure intake is different than some think it is too :D these canna companies are full of shit PERIOD lol pops has it 100% correct. no matter what your medium its a waste of water,changes the medium for the worse typically and lacks the O2 it desires for proper feeding and leaching of said foods and the like. this is old knowledge in the organics relm and the chem world has taken it on hard because of marketing and their chems are shit and make it taste and bad ions(psudo ions of you will_ that yiu want to get rid of. so why use chems at all? thats always been my take on it. a slight rinse is ALL thats required(even then not always) one time prior to harvest. and thats only if you hit em with sugars,molasses a hard top coating. thats it. a lil run off. easy eh?LOL!

Abstract
The radial movement of oxygen in excised corn and jack bean roots was measured with a platinum wire electrode embedded in the root tissue. Measurements were made with the roots exposed to air and with the roots immersed in nutrient solution in the presence and absence of millimolar sodium azide. Effective rates of oxygen diffusion in the root tissue were also measured from 5 to 30 C and compared to the respiration rates of similar root segments over the same temperature range. Under conditions which allow the roots to exude freely, the interior of the root operates under an oxygen deficit. Inhibition of respiratory oxygen uptake by low temperature or azide treatment increased the flux of oxygen to the root interior.

I am converted. I have a TA in her final week and she is not getting flushed. Just nutes tapered off a bit.

Interested to read your bit on sugars. I have been using carload but have stopped a few days ago. Should I give her a bit of a rinse now?

Thanks very much for the awesome knowledge :d5:

NOW we have a conversation going! Posts like these stimulate thinking! Question everything! That's how you find the true facts!

I thought about it solidly for 3 days, tried to understand the science (failed on much of it) and decided it makes absolute sense.

I am going to try biotabs next run anyway to do my bit to rid the world of evil chemicals.

Well, here's where I differ from most on this subject. Plants take in the ionic forms on the needed nutrients, the positive or negative charge they carry is crucial to the transport mechanisms. Plants don't care where they come from, ions are ions. There is no difference between say N from bloodmeal than from GH Flora. And define a chemical... organics are chemicals, what's the difference? A carbon molecule! Now the place where its a bit murky is in the chelation process required to convert certain minerals and elements into their ionic form so that the plant can use them. EDTA is an organic chelation enzyme most commonly used for this, not some harsh "chemical". EDTA is food grade and is used often in food preservatives.
You can even buy the raw minerals and elements and make your own, its really not difficult. With that said, I use both manufactured nutrients and organics. I prefer organics for their simplicity. Its really pretty hard to mess up an organic grow if you got your mix right in the beginning. After that, you water and watch them grow! I hate all the measuring and testing and blah blah blah and ritual that goes with using manutfactured nutes.

The biggest problem with bottled/dry nutes is the makers recommending high feeding doses. They want to sell you more! Salts ( meaning ionic forms of nutrients, not NaCl ), that build up are from over feeding, not from the plant not using them.
Take a look on youtube at Hygro Hybrid, a RDWC grower who has one killer grow after another. He keeps his nutes between 600-700 ppms at all times and grows 1lb. + plants everytime.

I thought about it solidly for 3 days, tried to understand the science (failed on much of it) and decided it makes absolute sense.

I am going to try biotabs next run anyway to do my bit to rid the world of evil chemicals.

to simplify imho is to say the Chemical produced or forced ions are exactly that,psudo ions. I can literally taste them iun there. the plants seem to not care as many say. but i think they do. they dont talk so we have to speak for them? you want anti biotics? or a natural remedy that increases your vigor naturally or with a psudo vitamin essentially. cant live on vitamins no matter how packed for of componets materials they are. the parts are the whole of the whole sum? NOPE!! lol the parts or components have a unity factor we cannot mimic nor achieve within chemicals :)

Slide9.JPG

"But the greatest change we need to make is from consumption to production, even if on a small scale, in our own gardens. If only 10% of us do this, there is enough for everyone. Hence, the futility of revolutionaries who have no gardens, who depend on the very system they attack, and who produce words and bullets, not food and shelter." -- Bill Mollison.

when i grew with fox farm etc I always did an actual end of harvest flush with florakleen clearing solution. this run im using the GO Box and will just use pure water like last 10 days

Back