Photoperiod Freebie Photoperiod Fun

Atulip

Fungi Friend
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Bourbon Berry
The missus wants Dark Devil, but I'm itchin' for a little photoperiod fun. I had a few freebies with my NASC order, and figured I could sneak one in the tent.

0218232127f.jpg

AK sounded boring so I popped the Tacky Glue x Unicorn Poop by Dirty Bird Genetics. I couldn't find any information on this breeder, aside from a coming soon website.

We may top her, mainline her, transplant her, clone her, or maybe just outright kill her with neglect.

She was dropped in water and stuck in a peat puck a week ago. After a couple days she popped her head up and we stuck her in a 6inch net pot of Fox Farms Happy Frog

Here is Day 5 above soil.

0228231934_HDR.jpg

She looks to have perked up a little bit. Still droopy though.

View attachment 1576649

I thought I'd have a little fun and crushed her main stems. Just gave each a good pinch until they flopped over.
View attachment 1576650
You can see the bruising. Should make a nice “knuckle” there and from what I’ve read it’ll be like a superhighway for the mobile nutes. I was checking those Dirty bird strains at NASC only ones available were the advent calendar strains. They sound great. Maybe I’ll see what comes of it before snagging some.

You can see the bruising. Should make a nice “knuckle” there and from what I’ve read it’ll be like a superhighway for the mobile nutes. I was checking those Dirty bird strains at NASC only ones available were the advent calendar strains. They sound great. Maybe I’ll see what comes of it before snagging some.

I'm hoping for a nice fat knuckle.

I emailed NASC asking about Dirty Bird Genetics. Here's what they gave me:

Dirty Bird is kind of like our sister company here at NASC. Both companies are owned by our owner, Beth. She has used her years of experience in both cannabis cultivation and seed collecting to decide what breeding projects are in the works at Dirty Bird. A few of us here at NASC help out at Dirty Bird with marketing and promotional stuff, and at the moment we all work in the same building!

We are going to be officially launching Dirty Bird at some point this year, though I'm not totally sure when. Until then, we have been using Dirty Bird seeds for a few promotional deals. We will be doing another Dirty Bird promotion during the week of 4/20 so stay turned for that.

I should ask what to call this strain.. Poop glue?

I'm hoping for a nice fat knuckle.

I emailed NASC asking about Dirty Bird Genetics. Here's what they gave me:

I should ask what to call this strain.. Poop glue?
Tacky poop? Swiper? One horn sticky shit? Lol we’d be at this all day! I’ll be keeping an eye out 4/20! Would love me some of those freebies!

Topped 2
We topped her again this morning. Don't mind the hair; I'm starting to grey lol.

0325230302a.jpg

Plucked off the lower leaves and shoots.
0325230302b.jpg

And now she's crammed at the front of the tent, about 30 inches from the light. We don't expect to see much action for a bit.
0325230302_HDR.jpg

Strain Info
Emailed NASC again asking for more info on the strain:

Tacky Glue x Unicorn Poop r1
Genetics:Tacky Glue x Unicorn Poop f1
Sex:Feminized Photoperiod
Generation:R1
Cannabis Type:Indica
Flowering Time:60 days
Outdoor:Unknown
Yield:Medium
Plant Morphology:This lady has long internodal spacing and super sugary golf ball shaped nugs. She is moderately stretchy (especially for an indica), and her beautiful magenta and purple foliage allows for plenty of airflow and light penetration into the lower and middle plant.
Density:Medium-high
Height:Medium-tall
Terpenes:The tacky glue gives the earthy gas of the Unicorn Poop a smooth fruit candy undertone.
Effect:An excellent night cap.
Description:
The Tacky Glue x Unicorn Poop came together in this cross to create a beautiful magenta and purple plant with frost for days. She had excellent bag appeal. The coloration was evident in all phenos/plants tested, as was the thick trichome coverage and the overall plant morphology. These plants are some of the stretchiest indicas we have grown. They don't stretch to the ceilings like some plants can, but they did exhibit vigorous growth and long internodal spacing, growing up more than they grew out. The smoke on this flower put us right to sleep. It had a great sedative effect and we found it very relaxing.

0327231630_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Back