New Grower grams per watt LED

EvilScotsman

Eat,sleep,grow,repeat
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Seedstockers AK420
Right troops, i have a question. in general the idea is to aim for a gram per watt with hps. im using 2x600w LED (2x 250true watt) in a 1mx1xm tent and growing 2x dp auto ultimate. now, when using a 250 true watt LED advertised as 600w as its a replacement for 600w hps. should i expect around 250 grams or 600 grams. i do realise the latter will only happen in optimum conditions and have absolutely no expectations of pulling in over a kilo in a 1 metre tent. but in the right hands, what would be the expected yeild? towards 500 or towards a kilo? @autobeast @jingo @TaNg i keep tagging kush so ill leave him alone this time. anyone else feel free to answer. i just havent met anyone else to tag yet lol

Right troops, i have a question. in general the idea is to aim for a gram per watt with hps. im using 2x600w LED (2x 250true watt) in a 1mx1xm tent and growing 2x dp auto ultimate. now, when using a 250 true watt LED advertised as 600w as its a replacement for 600w hps. should i expect around 250 grams or 600 grams. i do realise the latter will only happen in optimum conditions and have absolutely no expectations of pulling in over a kilo in a 1 metre tent. but in the right hands, what would be the expected yeild? towards 500 or towards a kilo? @autobeast @jingo @TaNg i keep tagging kush so ill leave him alone this time. anyone else feel free to answer. i just havent met anyone else to tag yet lol
The AU will surprise you no matter what..if yoir lights are giving you 500 true watts my guess is 638 grams..good luck

Grams per watt isn't really a good ratio.. there's way too many variables.. you could have 10000w but only feed your plants gin.. or have 99% humidity.. unless you have every single aspect dialed right in gpw isn't the best way to measure..

oh aye, @budelee couldve tagged you there too. dont feel left out man lol
Not at all..ive been an HID grower for a few years..but i do have one blurple led that will finish its first grow..and i am putting the finish on my 400 watt cob that will be put to the test on this grow,ill have stats on both..my best yield for the 600watt hid was 838 grams but this was with 7 plants in rougly 4.5x4.5 feet,the two AUs was over 500 grams of that..

The AU will surprise you no matter what..if yoir lights are giving you 500 true watts my guess is 638 grams..good luck
thats some pretty precise guesswork there dude : ) my target from the start was 420g / 15oz based on my leds replacing 1200w wich sounds easily atainable but not so much now that i know theres only really 500w pumping out.

Tell you what @budelee thats just seriously filled up my confidence. thats some pretty impressive measurements right there. im 2 weeks in and only just realised my miscalculation. love making mistakes tho keeps me on my toes and studying : )

Grams per watt isn't really a good ratio.. there's way too many variables.. you could have 10000w but only feed your plants gin.. or have 99% humidity.. unless you have every single e aspect dialed right in gpw isn't the best way to measure..

I agree, GPW is meaning-less especially since it doesn't include other power consumption..... It's a trumpist tool in marketing blurp of course..... Which is why its around....so the light purveyors can "enlighten" unknowing minds in a simple manipulative way that comes across in an apparent easily understood equation.......makes it easier to separate you and your wonga....

WPG on the other hand, how many total watts did you use to grow 1 g of bud, fans, pumps, any chillers/coolers, any heaters, any dehumidifiers/humidifiwrs, lights, monitoring, etc, etc...... Add more light for higher yield, count on higher power consumption to manage that heat..... Aye, light = heat, never forget..... Every single Watt of "light" is transformed into heat in your grow space..... Depending on ambient conditions and time of year that can be wanted or unwanted.....

Grams per Watt.....
Beating_A_Dead_Horse.gif

Last edited:
I agree, GPW is meaning-less especially since it doesn't include other power consumption..... It's a trumpist tool in marketing blurp of course..... Which is why its around....so the light purveyors can "enlighten" unknowing minds in a simple manipulative way that comes across in an apparent easily understood equation.......makes it easier to separate you and your wonga....

WPG on the other hand, how many total watts did you use to grow 1 g of bud, fans, pumps, any chillers/coolers, any heaters, any dehumidifiers/humidifiwrs, lights, monitoring, etc, etc...... Add more light for higher yield, count on higher power consumption to manage that heat..... Aye, light = heat, never forget..... Every single Watt of "light" is transformed into heat in your grow space..... Depending on ambient conditions and time of year that can be wanted or unwanted.....

Grams per Watt..... View attachment 708412
did i push a wee button there aye lol

Back