New Grower grams per watt LED

To be fair, without the wattage it's not that useful mate lol! No offence :biggrin:

Also probably should have discounted auto ultimate! lol

Also I hate to be picky but unless I'm mistaken they aren't HS1's are they? Or are they an older model or something?

And I mean 550g off 250w NOT 10g off 3 watt or something. I am being specific as to the half kilo sort of amount.

I struggle to imagine 250w of led just getting enough light to 20 oz worth of plant!

You're not the first..... Hit @TaNg for more than 3 g per w, dutch passion strains if I recall correctly....

But the DIY chaps are getting results similar to that, and I have no trouble believing, lets call it a "nominal" 3 or 4 GPW ......if all other parameters are dialled in....

@hippy71 it says a maximum of 300W in the youtube description...i will try and dig out his journal in 2 secs...

i will add though im pretty new to growing and ive already seen a vast improvement in my grow at the moment from HID to my COB's....im hoping to see 1 GpW on this grow but even that is around 7.5oz's which i think is gonna be hard to clear!

Last edited:
Chinese lights with five watt chips penetrate the same as a 600 hps, but they don't get the foot print watt for watt. American made 3 and 5 watt chip based lights can get the footprint and a better penetration, but you pay for it.

To get high yield with Chinese lights it is best to hold higher and train a flatter shorter canopy. That way you get a big footprint and penetration is not as important.

And I mean 550g off 250w NOT 10g off 3 watt or something. I am being specific as to the half kilo sort of amount.

I struggle to imagine 250w of led just getting enough light to 20 oz worth of plant!
My first IPCBD went 25.5 the second 16.75, so that was 2.38 and 1.56 respectively. I use a 300 watt from the wall LED with an honest 3x3 footprint.

I can get much higher yields If I Grow photo period strains, but then I have to do a scrog and spend a whole lot more time training so it just doesn't pay off.

You're not the first..... Hit @TaNg for more than 3 g per w, dutch passion strains if I recall correctly....

But the DIY chaps are getting results similar to that, and I have no trouble believing, lets call it a "nominal" 3 or 4 GPW ......if all other parameters are dialled in....

No sorry mate I'm not debating 3gpw. I'm debating 20 oz off one 250 led! Well that was my original statement and I let that slip to 250w of led's. So more than one light. I'm not even debating it, just would be shocked to see it. Haven't seen it yet though.

I am a DIY chap lol. With cobs.

@hippy71 it says a maximum of 300W in the youtube description...i will try and dig out his journal in 2 secs...

i will add though im pretty new to growing and ive already seen a vast improvement in my grow at the moment from HID to my COB's....im hoping to see 1 GpW on this grow but even that is around 7.5oz's which i think is gonna be hard to clear!

Looks like about 300w of Ms006 and 004 and some off the light on the plant next door. Call it 350w.

No sorry mate I'm not debating 3gpw. I'm debating 20 oz off one 250 led! Well that was my original statement and I let that slip to 250w of led's. So more than one light. I'm not even debating it, just would be shocked to see it. Haven't seen it yet though.

I am a DIY chap lol. With cobs.

Gotcha..... The fine print.... I like lots of small lights over 1 or 2 biggish brutes too..... And hopefully join you DIY chaps shortly, but being based in Europe it's rather more cumbersome..... And risky.....

nah mate i got 2 of them : )

Back