New Grower grams per watt LED

burple Chinese light average .5 to .7 gpw. On a rare occassion someone will hit 1 gpw with them but thats with exceptional genetics and great skill. The same goes for HPS.

And if your new, forget GPW, its really meaningless and you need to concentrate on growing skills. You have to learn to drive before you can go racing.........

Right troops, i have a question. in general the idea is to aim for a gram per watt with hps. im using 2x600w LED (2x 250true watt) in a 1mx1xm tent and growing 2x dp auto ultimate. now, when using a 250 true watt LED advertised as 600w as its a replacement for 600w hps. should i expect around 250 grams or 600 grams. i do realise the latter will only happen in optimum conditions and have absolutely no expectations of pulling in over a kilo in a 1 metre tent. but in the right hands, what would be the expected yeild? towards 500 or towards a kilo? @autobeast @jingo @TaNg i keep tagging kush so ill leave him alone this time. anyone else feel free to answer. i just havent met anyone else to tag yet lol

Nope... a BIG one....!
ok, ill rephrase my question...
from my reading, most experienced growers who keep most elements of their grow fairly optimal seem to get what turns out to be around 1-1.5g per wattage of light hanging above. given this idea and that the grower on his last shot managed 550g from a 600hps would the same yeild be expected from a 250w led if all other circumstances were kept the same?

With a modern, COB based light running at a true 250 watts, up to 500 grams is possible under top conditions. with a burple light, very doubtful. No, the average is is less than 1 GPW. With HPS still most common .6-.8 is average, 1 GPW is still considered the holy grail for HPS growers. Very few people hit 1.5 with HPS. Experienced vs knowledgeable makes for the difference. I consider myself an experienced grower with fair knowledge, my best so far has been .8 gpw with burple lights. I'm in the process of converting to COB and Quantum Board based white light.. I expect to hit 1 gpw easily with the better lighting.
average ranges:

Hps - .5 to 1.1 gpw

cheap burple LED: .5 to .8 gpw

COB led: .8- 2.0 gpw

from my reading, most experienced growers who keep most elements of their grow fairly optimal seem to get what turns out to be around 1-1.5g per wattage of light hanging above. given this idea and that the grower on his last shot managed 550g from a 600hps would the same yeild be expected from a 250w led if all other circumstances were kept the same?

When I first started out I could pull maybe 10-15 grams from your setup. Now I think I could regularly and comfortably pull seven or eight hundred grams from your setup. There are a lot of variables that have changed since I first started growing. My skill, my environment, my lights, all those things have improved to the max.

and a specific answer is ....... here's 220 watts of COB in a 4'x4' space that may hit 2.0 gpw:

BigSmo grow pic1.jpg

20 ounces with three HS1??? I'd be interested to see that please mate.

You misunderstood me by the way. I really will marry someone who can get 550g off 250w of blurple. Worth the sacrifice lol.

And I mean 550g off 250w NOT 10g off 3 watt or something. I am being specific as to the half kilo sort of amount.

I struggle to imagine 250w of led just getting enough light to 20 oz worth of plant!

Back