Indoor Grow 4 - Triks F7 by Twenty20 Mendocino

Set up and Germination start

DaveR1974

Welcome to the CannaZone
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
First off, this should have been part of the Twenty20 Mendocino Grow&show 2022, after I completed Whiskey Zulu. However, various issues kept me from growing... Until now.

For this grow, I decided to continue growing in Coco coir (which I rinsed and buffered as per this article), using the Canna range of nutrients. I switched from an Air-Pot to an AutoPot.

I have some new equipment, so I'll start off by listing those first:

Tech-Garden Grow Tent - 60x60x120 (larger size than previous grows)
A larger Tower Fan
A new Bluetooth 4 in 1 Soil and Light monitor that connects to the SmartLife App
SmartLife compatible Smart plugs to control equipment within the aforementioned App
A SmartLife Wi-Fi Hydrometer/Thermometer that interfaces with the same App

Previous equipment that I am using:

AC Infinity Cloudline S4 Extractor Fan
Rhino Hobby 100 mm x 300 mm Carbon Filter (now the tent)
Spider Farmer SF1000 Grow Light
A 3D-printed Silica Gel holder (with Silica Gel inside) within the passive intake
9 meter, 80W reptile heat belt
Wi-Fi Security Camera, that is connected to my PC using iSpy software, where I have set up to take a photo/frame grab every 3 minutes (180 seconds) for creating Time-lapse videos.

Day -7

Grow 04 Week 0a.jpgGrow 04 Week 0b.jpgGrow 04 Week 0c.jpg
Grow 04 Week 0d.jpgGrow 04 Week 0e.jpgGrow 04 Week 0f.jpg
Grow 04 Week 0g.jpgGrow 04 Week 0h.jpg
Set up the AutoPot with it's PotSock, AirBase and AirDome. Filled the holes in the AirDome with Coco coir (for wicking), then filled the pot with a mix of Coco coir, perlite and some Hydroton (I think it was a 70% 20% 10% ratio, I can't remember). Gave a good watering with pH 5.9 water (with CalMag added due to water softness) and left to drain. Once drained, I moved the AutoPot into its new home.

Grow 04 Week 0i.jpgGrow 04 Week 0k.jpgGrow 04 Week 0l.jpg
Grow 04 Week 0j.jpg
Here we see the layout inside the tent, plus a picture of the box that the new Wi-Fi temperature and humidity sensor came in.

Grow 04 Week 0m.jpgGrow 04 Week 0n.jpgGrow 04 Week 0p.jpg
Placed a seed into a bowl of water. Covered the AutoPot (to prevent the medium drying out) and placed the bowl on top, to enjoy 2 days of warm darkness.

Germination complete
Day -5

Grow 04 Week 0q.jpgGrow 04 Week 0r.jpgGrow 04 Week 0s.jpg
There is a tap root. Placed the germinated seed into a Coco coir rooting plug within a stater tray. Placed this in the tent and switched on the grow light at 50% for 18 hours a day.

Day -2

Grow 04 Week 0t.jpgGrow 04 Week 0u.jpg
Full disclosure, on Day -3, I saw it was growing root up. I gently lifted this out of the plug, and replanted root down. The leaves popped out overnight, and I was greeted by this lovely sight on Day -2.

Day -1

Grow 04 Week 0v.jpgGrow 04 Week 0w.jpg
I can already see the first set of real leaves, but no sign of the roots coming through the plug yet.

Day 0

Grow 04 Day 0a.jpgGrow 04 Day 0b.jpgGrow 04 Day 0c.jpg
Grow 04 Day 0e.jpgGrow 04 Day 0f.jpgGrow 04 Day 0d.jpg
Roots are through, so planted the seedling and plug in the AutoPot. Sprinkled Plant Success Great White Mycorrhizal powder around the medium. Gave a watering with pH 5.9 balanced water. Turned up the grow light to 75%. After a few hours, I noticed in the camera feed that the humidity lid had got so fogged up, I removed it.

With week 0 being complete, it is now time for the video. Sadly, The Weed Tube closed down earlier this year, so I have created my own YouTube channel : Daver1974 Grows

Here is the direct link for this weeks video.

Given that Triks takes approximately 11 weeks from breaking ground to harvest, I have created new feed charts. The first set is per litre, and the second is per 15 litres (size of my reservoir). These are not finalized yet though, as I will be asking previous growers of this strain, if I should be starting PK boost earlier, and or have it going longer.

Canna Coco Schedule per litre a.jpgCanna Coco Schedule per litre b.jpgCanna Coco Schedule per litre c.jpgCanna Coco Schedule per litre d.jpg

Canna Coco Schedule per 15 litres a.jpgCanna Coco Schedule per 15 litres b.jpgCanna Coco Schedule per 15 litres c.jpgCanna Coco Schedule per 15 litres d.jpg

Day 1

Grow 4 Day 01.jpgGrow 4 Day 01a.jpg

Day 2

Grow 4 Day 02.jpgGrow 4 Day 02a.jpg

Day 3

Grow 4 Day 3.jpgGrow 4 Day 3a.jpg
Coco coir was starting to feel quite dry in the top 2 inches, so gave 2 litres of week 1 feed just before lights out. Also changed the light intensity to 100%.

Day 4

Grow 4 Day 4a.jpg

Week 1 complete
Day 5

Grow 4 Day 5.jpgGrow 4 Day 5a.jpg
Triks!!! You're drunk :drunks:
Woke up to see the seedling had grown some of its root upwards, causing a collapse.

Grow 4 Day 5c.jpgGrow 4 Day 5b.jpg
Easy fix by adding more media around the root and stem to hold it up.

Day 6

Grow 4 Day 6.jpgGrow 4 Day 6a.jpg
As you can see, it has straightened itself.

Day 7

Grow 4 Day 7.jpgGrow 4 Day 7a.jpg
As you can see, it is doing fine.

With week 1 being complete, it is now time for the time-lapse video. Here is the direct link for Week 1.

Last edited:
Looks like it's tried giving you a fit to get going. Seems you've straightened it out. Good luck, Triks is a great strain. All my T20 mutants that did that same root thing turned out great once settled in.

Day 8

Grow 4 Day 8.jpgGrow 4 Day 8a.jpg
Gave 2 litres of week 2 feed. As per AutoPot recommendations, this was given as a top watering. I plan to connect and start using the reservoir from week 3.

Day 9

Grow 4 Day 9.jpgGrow 4 Day 9a.jpg

Day 10

Grow 4 Day 10.jpgGrow 4 Day 10a.jpg

Day 11

Grow 4 Day 11.jpgGrow 4 Day 11a.jpg
Triks is coming along nicely. It may be able to handle a stronger feed, but as this is the first time I am growing this strain, I will stick to 25% for this grow.

I would also like to thank everyone who has given me advice on the PK booster part of my feed charts.

See you in a few days with the next update and link to the next video.

Live Long and Prosper 🖖

Week 2 complete
Day 12

Grow 4 Day 12.jpgGrow 4 Day 12a.jpg

Day 13

Grow 4 Day 13.jpgGrow 4 Day 13a.jpg
Filled reservoir with 10 litres of water and left to de-chlorinate. Although my reservoir can take more, I do not know how fast the plant will drink, so decided to start with 10 litres, and see how it goes.

Day 14

Got up early to change the capture rate for my time-lapse videos. I am hoping to create 60 fps videos for a smoother watch. The first of these videos should be available next week (Week 3).
Also mixed up the week 3 feed in the reservoir, pH balanced to 5.9 and opened the tap.
The AutoPot filled up its base, and stopped correctly.
Grow 4 Day 14.jpgGrow 4 Day 14a.jpg

With week 2 being complete, it is now time for the time-lapse video. Here is the direct link for Week 2.

Live Long and Prosper 🖖

Last edited:
Day 15

Grow 4 Day 15.jpgGrow 4 Day 15a.jpg

Day 16

Grow 4 Day 16.jpgGrow 4 Day 16a.jpg
Saw there are 4 nodes, so...
Grow 4 Day 16b.jpg

Off with their head! Muwahahaha :devil:
Also raised the time-lapse camera a bit.
Whilst doing these things today, got a nice whiff of mile weed smells. Can't believe it is already producing scent this soon. I think it may be a very strong smelling plant. Thank goodness for the carbon filter.

Live Long and Prosper 🖖

Last edited:
Back