Indoor Grow 4 - Triks F7 by Twenty20 Mendocino

Set up and Germination start
  • DaveR1974

Cultivators Club
    Reaction score
    First off, this should have been part of the Twenty20 Mendocino Grow&show 2022, after I completed Whiskey Zulu. However, various issues kept me from growing... Until now.

For this grow, I decided to continue growing in Coco coir (which I rinsed and buffered as per this article), using the Canna range of nutrients. I switched from an Air-Pot to an AutoPot.

I have some new equipment, so I'll start off by listing those first:

Tech-Garden Grow Tent - 60x60x120 (larger size than previous grows)
    A larger Tower Fan
    A new Bluetooth 4 in 1 Soil and Light monitor that connects to the SmartLife App
    SmartLife compatible Smart plugs to control equipment within the aforementioned App
    A SmartLife Wi-Fi Hydrometer/Thermometer that interfaces with the same App

Previous equipment that I am using:

AC Infinity Cloudline S4 Extractor Fan
    Rhino Hobby 100 mm x 300 mm Carbon Filter (now the tent)
    Spider Farmer SF1000 Grow Light
    A 3D-printed Silica Gel holder (with Silica Gel inside) within the passive intake
    9 meter, 80W reptile heat belt
    Wi-Fi Security Camera, that is connected to my PC using iSpy software, where I have set up to take a photo/frame grab every 3 minutes (180 seconds) for creating Time-lapse videos.

Day -7

Grow 04 Week 0a.jpgGrow 04 Week 0b.jpgGrow 04 Week 0c.jpg
    Grow 04 Week 0d.jpgGrow 04 Week 0e.jpgGrow 04 Week 0f.jpg
    Grow 04 Week 0g.jpgGrow 04 Week 0h.jpg
    Set up the AutoPot with it's PotSock, AirBase and AirDome. Filled the holes in the AirDome with Coco coir (for wicking), then filled the pot with a mix of Coco coir, perlite and some Hydroton (I think it was a 70% 20% 10% ratio, I can't remember). Gave a good watering with pH 5.9 water (with CalMag added due to water softness) and left to drain. Once drained, I moved the AutoPot into its new home.

Grow 04 Week 0i.jpgGrow 04 Week 0k.jpgGrow 04 Week 0l.jpg
    Grow 04 Week 0j.jpg
    Here we see the layout inside the tent, plus a picture of the box that the new Wi-Fi temperature and humidity sensor came in.

Grow 04 Week 0m.jpgGrow 04 Week 0n.jpgGrow 04 Week 0p.jpg
    Placed a seed into a bowl of water. Covered the AutoPot (to prevent the medium drying out) and placed the bowl on top, to enjoy 2 days of warm darkness.

Germination complete
  • Day -5

Grow 04 Week 0q.jpgGrow 04 Week 0r.jpgGrow 04 Week 0s.jpg
    There is a tap root. Placed the germinated seed into a Coco coir rooting plug within a stater tray. Placed this in the tent and switched on the grow light at 50% for 18 hours a day.

Day -2

Grow 04 Week 0t.jpgGrow 04 Week 0u.jpg
    Full disclosure, on Day -3, I saw it was growing root up. I gently lifted this out of the plug, and replanted root down. The leaves popped out overnight, and I was greeted by this lovely sight on Day -2.

Day -1

Grow 04 Week 0v.jpgGrow 04 Week 0w.jpg
    I can already see the first set of real leaves, but no sign of the roots coming through the plug yet.

Day 0

Grow 04 Day 0a.jpgGrow 04 Day 0b.jpgGrow 04 Day 0c.jpg
    Grow 04 Day 0e.jpgGrow 04 Day 0f.jpgGrow 04 Day 0d.jpg
    Roots are through, so planted the seedling and plug in the AutoPot. Sprinkled Plant Success Great White Mycorrhizal powder around the medium. Gave a watering with pH 5.9 balanced water. Turned up the grow light to 75%. After a few hours, I noticed in the camera feed that the humidity lid had got so fogged up, I removed it.

With week 0 being complete, it is now time for the video. Sadly, The Weed Tube closed down earlier this year, so I have created my own YouTube channel : Daver1974 Grows

Here is the direct link for this weeks video.

Week 1 complete
  • Day 5

Grow 4 Day 5.jpgGrow 4 Day 5a.jpg
    Triks!!! You're drunk :drunks:
    Woke up to see the seedling had grown some of its root upwards, causing a collapse.

Grow 4 Day 5c.jpgGrow 4 Day 5b.jpg
    Easy fix by adding more media around the root and stem to hold it up.

Day 6

Grow 4 Day 6.jpgGrow 4 Day 6a.jpg
    As you can see, it has straightened itself.

Day 7

Grow 4 Day 7.jpgGrow 4 Day 7a.jpg
    As you can see, it is doing fine.

With week 1 being complete, it is now time for the time-lapse video. Here is the direct link for Week 1.

Last edited:
    Week 2 complete
  • Day 12

Grow 4 Day 12.jpgGrow 4 Day 12a.jpg

Day 13

Grow 4 Day 13.jpgGrow 4 Day 13a.jpg
    Filled reservoir with 10 litres of water and left to de-chlorinate. Although my reservoir can take more, I do not know how fast the plant will drink, so decided to start with 10 litres, and see how it goes.

Day 14

Got up early to change the capture rate for my time-lapse videos. I am hoping to create 60 fps videos for a smoother watch. The first of these videos should be available next week (Week 3).
    Also mixed up the week 3 feed in the reservoir, pH balanced to 5.9 and opened the tap.
    The AutoPot filled up its base, and stopped correctly.
    Grow 4 Day 14.jpgGrow 4 Day 14a.jpg

With week 2 being complete, it is now time for the time-lapse video. Here is the direct link for Week 2.

Live Long and Prosper 🖖

Last edited:
    Week 3 Complete
  • Day 19

Grow 4 Day 19.jpgGrow 4 Day 19a.jpg
    Moved and added some of the LST hooks.
    Grow 4 Day 19b.jpgGrow 4 Day 19c.jpg

Day 20

Grow 4 Day 20.jpgGrow 4 Day 20a.jpg

Day 21

Grow 4 Day 21.jpgGrow 4 Day 21a.jpg

Removed the reservoir. There was 6 litres left, so the plant had only drank 4 litres through the week. With this information, amended what was left to week 4 at 50%. Fingers crossed, the plant enjoys the stronger feed.

With week 3 being complete, it is now time for the time-lapse video. Here is the direct link for Week 3.

Live Long and Prosper 🖖

Week 4 complete
  • Day 27

Grow 4 Day 27.jpgGrow 4 Day 27a.jpg
    Noticed tip burning on new growth. Despite my earlier assessment, she is finding the 50% feed strength a bit too much after all, so back to the 25% feed chart. She had finished her 6 litres at 50% that was made up last week, so mixed up a 10 litre batch at 25%.

Day 28

Grow 4 Day 28.jpgGrow 4 Day 28a.jpg

With week 4 being complete, here is the direct link for the Time-Lapse video.

Live Long and Prosper 🖖

Last edited:
    Week 6 Complete
  • Day 40

Grow 4 Day 40.jpgGrow 4 Day 40a.jpg
    Bud shot Grow 4 Day 40b.jpg

She is 1 thirsty plant. Her reservoir had to be refilled, a few days earlier than planned. I noticed that she was starting to suffer from a Magnesium deficiency, so I added a little extra CalMag to the mix. I also decided to start the P/K boost earlier.

Day 41

Grow 4 Day 41.jpgGrow 4 Day 41a.jpg
    Bud shot Grow 4 Day 41b.jpg

Day 42 - The answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything

So I had to make a change to the tent today. She's getting quite tall, and the light couldn't be raised further due to the carbon filter. Removed the filter and re-attached outside the tent, and raised the light as far as it will go.
    I do hope she stops stretching soon.
    Before Grow 4 Day 42c.jpg After Grow 4 Day 42d.jpg
    Grow 4 Day 42.jpgGrow 4 Day 42a.jpg
    Bud shot Grow 4 Day 42b.jpg

The Week 6 time-lapse video is now live on YouTube.

Live Long and Prosper 🖖

Week 7 Complete
  • Day 47

Grow 4 Day 47.jpgGrow 4 Day 47a.jpg
    Raised the tower fan as some of the air was being blocked by the AutoPot. Had to cut the heads off 2 of the tallest bud sites (1 was almost touching, and the other was touching the light).
    Bud shots Grow 4 Day 47b.jpgGrow 4 Day 47c.jpg

Day 48 - Week 7 complete

Grow 4 Day 48.jpgGrow 4 Day 48a.jpg
    The reservoir was down to the last 2 litres, so poured 10 litres of water into a pot and left to de-chlorinate.
    Bud shots Grow 4 Day 48c.jpgGrow 4 Day 48b.jpg

Day 49 - Start of week 8

Grow 4 Day 49.jpgGrow 4 Day 49a.jpg
    The reservoir was empty, so refilled with the 10 litres of de-chlorinated water, and mixed up the 25% strength week 8 nutrient mix.
    Bud shots
    Normal lens Grow 4 Day 49b.jpg
    Macro lens Grow 4 Day 49c.jpgGrow 4 Day 49d.jpg
    Grow 4 Day 49e.jpgGrow 4 Day 49f.jpg

With week 7 being complete, the time-lapse video is now live on YouTube.

Live Long and Prosper 🖖

Last edited:

St. Tom

Your gonna a packet up girl with her bro just a pity about her height but I'm pretty sure your gonna smash it anyway
    Back