Hard water values x Coco coir

Hi guys,I managed ti harvest 2 big plants in my First Coco attempt.It was spring and my tap water was 0.4-45 EC maximum.Now,I am having a Little different experience now in Summer,EC Is 0.5-6 maximum and the water report of my city changed a bit.I take my chance and tag @Mañ'O'Green Who has helped me before to read those values.Please Just let me know if this tag has bothered or Is not polite.I thank all of you guys in Advance.
Screenshot_2022-08-24-04-09-30-57_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948~2.jpg

I dilute It to 0.4 EC with distilled and then put half recommended dosage of Coco A+B.I then pH to 5.8 but It takes a lot of pH down (nitric acido from Canna at 3%)
What do you think?

@draxcel Happy to help. Ok lets first make sure we are on the same page your EC in Micro Siemens is 0.6 coming out of the tap. Your water report says 50 mg/l of Calcium and 27 mg/l Mg. That means you are dealing with ~ 0.4 EC of bicarbonates and this is why it takes so much acid to lower the PH.

Do you have access to RO water at the grocery store? It should be cheaper than Distilled? I think you need to dilute that water down to 0.2 EC and use the COCO calculator on light feed. I would start at 80% of the chart and see how they like it..

2022-08-23_20-40-17.jpg

@draxcel Happy to help. Ok lets first make sure we are on the same page your EC in Micro Siemens is 0.6 coming out of the tap. Your water report says 50 mg/l of Calcium and 27 mg/l Mg. That means you are dealing with ~ 0.4 EC of bicarbonates and this is why it takes so much acid to lower the PH.

Do you have access to RO water at the grocery store? It should be cheaper than Distilled? I think you need to dilute that water down to 0.2 EC and use the COCO calculator on light feed. I would start at 80% of the chart and see how they like it..

View attachment 1505375
Thank you so much ❤,I can check for Osmosis water but distilled Is not a problem right now,I have some jugs at home atm.I was diluting at 0.4 and then adding A+B since Canna says from 0.2 you Need their calmag but I will absolutely try as you said

Last edited:
I have been using canna coco for years and I always start with base water of .4 EC, starting with RO and adding Canna CalMag at about 4ml/gal. The Canna feeding chart allows for pre-set EC of .2, .4, .6 EC. As long as you use the .4 pre-set I don’t see any reason to dilute your base water lower than .4 EC. I use RO, but this should work the same for distilled water.

You might have want to look into getting a home RO unit. Don’t get an under sink model from the hardware store make sure to get it from a hydro shop. A good one will only be $150ish and the filters will last for a long time with a small home grow.

good luck!

I have been using canna coco for years and I always start with base water of .4 EC, starting with RO and adding Canna CalMag at about 4ml/gal. The Canna feeding chart allows for pre-set EC of .2, .4, .6 EC. As long as you use the .4 pre-set I don’t see any reason to dilute your base water lower than .4 EC. I use RO, but this should work the same for distilled water.

You might have want to look into getting a home RO unit. Don’t get an under sink model from the hardware store make sure to get it from a hydro shop. A good one will only be $150ish and the filters will last for a long time with a small home grow.

good luck!
The reason why I am fighting over this tap water situation Is Just because in my house I cannot install any R/o at the Moment or near future.Otherwise I would have been glad to attach It.I considered Zerowater filtration tank but It is cheaper buying water.
:(

The reason why I am fighting over this tap water situation Is Just because in my house I cannot install any R/o at the Moment or near future.Otherwise I would have been glad to attach It.I considered Zerowater filtration tank but It is cheaper buying water.
:(
They type of unit I am taking about doesn’t really require any installation. Is just needs a water source and a place for the drain water to go. I have mine set up in my laundry area utility sink, but It can just as easily be run from an outside hose spigot or even your kitchen sink with the right attachment from a hardware store.

This is the one I have:
07B924B3-2108-4C55-8701-25BF2FA5EC01.jpeg

It’s not really installed at all, I just hook it up to the utility sink as needed. The drain tube goes down the sump pump, but it can just as easily drain down your kitchen sink if necessary. It just screws on like this:
FC0AED61-599E-4276-B68A-9D542BAE700B.jpeg

The water goes in at about 1.0 EC (about 500 ppm Hanna)and comes out between .01-.02 (10-20 ppm Hanna). It’s the best $150 I have ever spent.

The water goes in at about 1.0 EC (about 500 ppm Hanna)and comes out between .01-.02 (10-20 ppm Hanna). It’s the best $150 I have ever spent.
Love that,gonna Need to have the faucet attachment though,shouldnt be too hard top find one
Edit-I searched on Amazon and this model It Is not avaiable in Italy :(

Last edited:
Back