Dutch Passion 2023. Auto SFV OG - Auto Mac #1 and Auto Oh My Gusher Harnessing Natures Energy Growing Based on Natural Law: Dutch Passion MAC#1

Auto SFV OG - Auto Mac #1 and Auto Oh My Gusher
Day 14

End of Week 2

We have reached the end of week 2, and today marks day 14 above ground for our plants.

The two-week mark is always an important milestone for me because it's when I transition from top feeding to the internal reservoir system. To initiate this transition, I saturate the pot from the top with 1g of BioTabs Bactrex mixed in 1 litre of water. This helps promote the growth of beneficial soil microbes. As I do this, the float in the reservoir will rise, indicating the presence of water at the bottom of the container.

day14bactrex.jpg

On day 10, after the seedlings had established themselves, I decided to adjust the light cycle from 24 hours to my preferred 18/6 cycle. Humidity is at a constant 65%RH with temps 24-28c

During propagation, I have been using structured water exclusively. I started with 125ml of structured water for each plant on day 3 and gradually increased the amount by 20-25ml per day. By day 12, the plants were receiving approximately 300ml of water daily and basking in a Daily Light Index of 28.

Here's the difference in growth between days 7-14.

7growth.jpg

7daygrowth.jpg

Over the next few days, I will monitor the gauge to ensure that the plant is effectively absorbing water from the reservoir. Additionally, allowing the top 1/3 of the soil to dry out gives the plant an opportunity to manage its water intake and helps prevent overwatering. Monitoring these indicators and maintaining the appropriate moisture levels give the plants the best start for the oncoming vegetative phase.

Thunder Rods

I have two lengths of copper wire, each measuring 2.25mm in thickness and 60cm in length. These copper wires, which I refer to as thunder rods, serve the purpose of facilitating optimal growth.

thunder.jpg

When the time comes, the main kola, specifically the portion above the 5th node, is folded under the shepherd's crook section. This effectively transfers the energy from the upper section of the plant into the lower nodes, stimulating horizontal growth. The crook is then moved out away from the centre of the plant over the next ten days, until we have the start of a visual canopy.

The aim is to channel and distribute energy throughout the plant, encouraging robust and balanced growth.

14mac.jpg

14macl.jpg

Happy Growing ;)

End of Week 2
We have reached the end of week 2, and today marks day 14 above ground for our plants.

The two-week mark is always an important milestone for me because it's when I transition from top feeding to the internal reservoir system. To initiate this transition, I saturate the pot from the top with 1g of BioTabs Bactrex mixed in 1 litre of water. This helps promote the growth of beneficial soil microbes. As I do this, the float in the reservoir will rise, indicating the presence of water at the bottom of the container.

View attachment 1612452

On day 10, after the seedlings had established themselves, I decided to adjust the light cycle from 24 hours to my preferred 18/6 cycle. Humidity is at a constant 65%RH with temps 24-28c

During propagation, I have been using structured water exclusively. I started with 125ml of structured water for each plant on day 3 and gradually increased the amount by 20-25ml per day. By day 12, the plants were receiving approximately 300ml of water daily and basking in a Daily Light Index of 28.

Here's the difference in growth between days 7-14.

View attachment 1612456

View attachment 1612457

Over the next few days, I will monitor the gauge to ensure that the plant is effectively absorbing water from the reservoir. Additionally, allowing the top 1/3 of the soil to dry out gives the plant an opportunity to manage its water intake and helps prevent overwatering. Monitoring these indicators and maintaining the appropriate moisture levels give the plants the best start for the oncoming vegetative phase.

Thunder Rods

I have two lengths of copper wire, each measuring 2.25mm in thickness and 60cm in length. These copper wires, which I refer to as thunder rods, serve the purpose of facilitating optimal growth.

View attachment 1612460

When the time comes, the main kola, specifically the portion above the 5th node, is folded under the shepherd's crook section. This effectively transfers the energy from the upper section of the plant into the lower nodes, stimulating horizontal growth. The crook is then moved out away from the centre of the plant over the next ten days, until we have the start of a visual canopy.

The aim is to channel and distribute energy throughout the plant, encouraging robust and balanced growth.

View attachment 1612461

View attachment 1612462

Happy Growing ;)
So f#’king cool bro! :thumbsup:
Can’t wait to see your thunder rods in action. :mrgreen:

Day 19

Day 19 MAC#1

The thunder rods were staked in the ground day 17. positioned in the corner as not to intrude upon root growth under the surface.

It's evident that I have two very different phenotypes, one that has crazy inter nodal spacing which I've just been power less in controlling, a passenger trying to manage the carnage. I have had to scrap any notion of giving this lady its current DLI of 30, my lights are on max in an attempt to halt her. In addition I'll be raising the temperature during lights off, to try and help with minimising stretch.

Both plants have responded well after being folded though, braces were required to help reinforce the stems vertical position.

You can see in this wide shot the difference between the two:-

mac19wide.jpg

Thunder Rod staked.

17macR.jpg

Crazy Stretch

mac19rcrazynodes.jpg

sexmacR.jpg

The squat bushier MAC#1.

mac19ltr.jpg

mac19l.jpg

The stake will stay in the same position, however throughout the subsequent days the Shepards crook section will be used to hold and steer the main kola.

Both containers are still heavy from the previous saturation and will not require propagation for maybe another day or so.

We have the start of both plants showing sex, this will be documented when we have better pictures.

Happy Growing ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for swinging by :toke: , they're a DOA adaptation of your stakes btw, ;)
New and improved version bro! :mrgreen:

Looking really good Dean. :thumbsup:
Amazing what you can do to a plant with a simple piece of bent metal.
Keeping that main top horizontal for 12-14 days and tucking the necessary leaves that are blocking budsites will give you 8-10 main top nodes in less that 2 weeks with minimal stress to your plants. Instant canopy in a very short amount of time.
IMHO… much more effective than topping.

New and improved version bro! :mrgreen:

Looking really good Dean. :thumbsup:
Amazing what you can do to a plant with a simple piece of bent metal.
Keeping that main top horizontal for 12-14 days and tucking the necessary leaves that are blocking budsites will give you 8-10 main top nodes in less that 2 weeks with minimal stress to your plants. Instant canopy in a very short amount of time.
IMHO… much more effective than topping.
I'm a fan of topping but had to try the 420method to find out for myself and see what the difference is. :toke: I really appreciate the rep slap to, thanks for that.

Last edited:
Sex

Week 3 Update MAC#1

Managing Stretch and Training the Main Kola:

I'm thrilled to bring you the latest update on our MAC plants as we reach the end of week 3. With day 21 above ground, we are witnessing impressive growth and taking proactive measures to shape the plants' development.

During this week, one of the MACs exhibited a significant stretch, which prompted us to take immediate action. To mitigate this, we carefully managed the environmental conditions. By reducing the temperature difference during lights-off to a minimal 3 degrees Celsius and maximising the Aray lights' intensity at a distance of 40cm, we effectively slowed down the stretch and encouraged more controlled growth.

Over the next 10-12 days the aim is to create a robust and well-balanced plant structure, allowing for optimal nutrient absorption and light distribution.

Here is the growth comparison for the MAC sisters from Days 14-21.

14-21.jpg

14-21L.jpg

This week we now shift our focus towards providing them with essential care and preparing for the next phase of their growth. By maintaining optimal conditions, tucking leaves to expose bud sites and through structured watering we are preparing for the development of a thriving canopy.

As we approach days 28-34 we will be introducing a carefully placed framework. This measure allows us to guide the growth trajectory, maximise light penetration, and ensure even distribution of energy throughout the plant.

Happy Growing ;)

Last edited:
Back