Hecno's on going organics

Funny you say that, I've also started a bokashi run. Got myself a set after seeing someone here posting about it. Could have been you :cheers:
My neighbor is a cook and in two days brought me about 30L of fresh kitchen scraps. Filled my two buckets in one go, layering the scraps with the bran. It's now resting and doing it's thing with the lid closed. Because of the cold temperatures outside I'm giving it a couple more weeks to ferment.

Every two days I collect the juice and stash it inside the shed. Yes, it's liquid gold...so it seems...But I'm also going to use the bokashi itself as part of my DIY soil build. I'm taking some interesting stuff from all sorts of origins and combining this into one large mound of soil. This will be my base for next year's grow, inside the greenhouse.
That's exactly my intentions also!
Well I just sent off an email to Eric to see if he would give me some recipes and possibly the usage of the leechate from the bokashi.
He and his founders of Teriganix US did sell the company in 2022. He now runs His own consulting company basically doing the same thing he's been doing the last 25 years.
We'll see what happens! He was extremely helpful in his phone call three years ago.

Here we go guys , How I build my soil . So I start with 260 ltr of mid range bag soil as a cost of $140 Au dollars from local hard whare store . That is my base soil , then I lay it out on a tarp in a line , to this I add powdered Indonesian Sea Bird Guano which I use a coffee grinder to powder and has a good amount of calcium in it , Langbeinite - this time I cut right back on it as it way to expensive to use , and I like my liquid sea weed better due to the extra it has to offer and I don't water to run off or very little nutrients a held longer ---- Just on a side note , I see a lot of guys have problems watering and not understanding amounts to use and I would say a lot of there problems incur due to to much run off , I have seen posted lately a number of post about it and as what has been stated and very important [ learn to feel the weight of the pot ] it would help them a lot --- back to soil , Now I have my base soil down , to this I add 80 ltr of left over soil from the last batch which has been looked after - moisture and feed wise Molasses . lastly I add 60 ltr of compost Which I get off a friend of mine , Too lazy to make my own and his is great being a organic farmer and if is free , :mrgreen: In the first photo you will see the Langbeinite 1 cup which is very little for the amount of soil and to the right a little bottle , the lid has holes in it to shake it out , I use whole pot full .
DSC_0003 - Copy.JPG

now that I have added it to the top of the soil
DSC_0004 - Copy.JPG

To this the compost is added
DSC_0005 - Copy.JPG

Next I get one of my sons to give me a hand , Being a big tarp we grab a conner each and walk toward the other in and repeat that about 6 times so it is all blended in well
DSC_0007.JPG

Being so much I did it 1/2 a batch at a time .
DSC_0008.JPG

Now the good bit , adding the fish , It has been done in 4 layers . How much , just over 10 kg or there abouts , Adding fish is one of those things you have to learn your self . The plants will tell you if to little or to much , Get if right and you don't have to worry about nitrogen , as a guide it has a NPK of 4.1.1
DSC_0009.JPG

No I top it up with the rest of the soil . the make up 15 ltr of with molasses and liquid seaweed added . I also add in what worms I have which is not enough as it is the dry season and hard to find , but is not a problem as the wet season is just around the conner , then I will have heaps , I only like to use worms from the ground as they travel deeper in the soil . Up to 6 feet so it is not a problem having a large amount in a tub [ lots of holes in the bottom ] Some might say , what about the fish smell . there is none , just make sure you have at least 30 cm or 1 foot of soil on top
DSC_0010.JPG

you have to do this , cover the soil , I use thick black plastic and the top of the tube has a cover as well [ Roofing iron ] Keep a eye on moisture level , do not have it to wet , also feed the microbes , molasses is great , I also add liquid sea weed now and again . The water I use is fish pond water and I always get a soil Ph of 7 . Another thing to remember is leave it for a least 3 months being cold composting and the first 2 months turn it 3 or 4 times another value of earth worms is they go from top to bottom of the tube which brings in oxygen in to all layers of the pile . If done right the soil has a very nice smell to it and when used for your grows it is a very easy way to grow and I agree with @WildBill this is organic growing . :thumbsup:

@Teetee @Rick Dirte' Thanks for the Reps . Today end of week 4 and only fish pond water , Taller plants just over 50 cm and flowering real well , but 2 are a bit behind and the late starter is powering along , no training apart from a bit of leaf tucking ,
DSC_0001.JPG
DSC_0002 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0004.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG
DSC_0007.JPG
DSC_0008.JPG
DSC_0009.JPG
DSC_0010.JPG
DSC_0011.JPG
DSC_0012.JPG
DSC_0013.JPG
DSC_0014.JPG
DSC_0015.JPG
and a new addition to the family . so all is good . :thumbsup:
DSC_0002.JPG

G'Day all , well we dodged the cyclone we only got the top edge of it and not the strong winds but a lot of rain 300ml and more to come . South of us got more , anyway Day 35 and still powering along This week they have had Molasses - insect frass - Humic acid - a wee bit of Sea bird guano - very easy grow so far and no issues so far . , :mrgreen:
DSC_0002 - Copy (3).JPG
DSC_0003 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0004 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG
DSC_0008.JPG
DSC_0009.JPG
DSC_0012 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0013 - Copy.JPG
DSC_0014.JPG

This next photo is the slow one , but see has just taken off .
DSC_0007.JPG

But the reseed is like the others , in a bloody hurry .:thumbsup:
DSC_0017.JPG
DSC_0001 - Copy (2).JPG

G'Day guys , all is well in Hecno land , Had over 1 meter [ 40 inches ] of rain in the 5 days , One thing I was worried about was power going out but we where very lucky it did not happen . :mrgreen: So here are the girls at the end of week 6 This week I fed them Molasses - and a PK hit [ small ] with Seabird guano and Seaweed . I like the sea bird guano because of the amount of Calcium in it . which means I don't have to worry about Calcium . No nitrogen has been added to the soil has enough .The fish frames are doing there job .Photos . :thumbsup:
DSC_0001.JPG
DSC_0002.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0004.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG
DSC_0007.JPG
DSC_0008.JPG
DSC_0009.JPG
DSC_0010.JPG
DSC_0011.JPG
DSC_0012.JPG