[Help Request] Report your EC measurements here!

Greenleaf Nutrients

Welcome to the CannaZone
AFN Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Website
greenleafnutrients.com
Currently Smoking
White Widow
hi all. We are looking to expand out the feeding chart to give an option for EC dosage (based on meters). The issue here is there can be a lot of different brand meters and variations, so we want to hear your feedback if you measure EC! In other words, how much your EC is increase based on a certain amount of MC.

So, we have a rough baseline with one of our meters here, about:
1gram per Liter gives about 1.1 EC

So interested to hear your feedback so we can collect the data and add it to our feeding calculator on the website and fine tune this number.. If you are using Gallons or whatever we can do the math to calculate it out.

:bighug:

You can do it yourself in a 5 minutes. That way you somehow "standarize it" because it's only your hand between. Because this thread will be full of different readings if people start writing about their measurments.

There are three conversion factors which various manufacturers use for displaying ppm’s..
USA 1 ms/cm (EC 1.0 or CF 10) = 500 ppm
European 1 ms/cm (EC 1.0 or CF 10) = 640 ppm
Australian 1 ms/cm (EC 1.0 or CF 10) = 700 ppm

As you can see, EC is universal, PPM is not. So like you said, better stick with EC.

You can do it yourself in a 5 minutes. That way you somehow "standarize it" because it's only your hand between. Because this thread will be full of different readings if people start writing about their measurments.

There are three conversion factors which various manufacturers use for displaying ppm’s..
USA 1 ms/cm (EC 1.0 or CF 10) = 500 ppm
European 1 ms/cm (EC 1.0 or CF 10) = 640 ppm
Australian 1 ms/cm (EC 1.0 or CF 10) = 700 ppm

As you can see, EC is universal, PPM is not. So like you said, better stick with EC.
I thought they might want to know how it looks on all the brands of different meters out there? But then I put the pipe down and realized with EC it should look the same on all properly calibrated meters.

Personally I like pulling out my scale and weighing it out by the liter per the feeding calculator.

Just thinking but since everyone uses different water sources (Tap, Well, R/O) and they have their own starting point of PPM wouldn't that effect EC/PPM for everyone testing giving results

Just thinking but since everyone uses different water sources (Tap, Well, R/O) and they have their own starting point of PPM wouldn't that effect EC/PPM for everyone testing giving results
yes, so basically you would do Final_Result - Starting_Level to get the increase.

Also, EC is the easiest to work with. The point of the thread was to get actual meter readings, because just the way equipment manufacturers work even using the same EC measurement, you could get 5 different companies with 5 different readings, although they should all ballpark be the same if they are worth their salt. So we are trying to capture the variance with different company/brand EC meters to get the statistically most accurate results.

Just did a liter for my mother. 1gram gave me 1,06EC and 5,75PH.. (base of 0,05EC and 6,85PH)..
PERFECT for coco <3 As I said before, you guys ruined growing for me :D

So it seems like 1 gram per 1L gives a rise of about 1,01EC in your case (1,06 - ,05)

:vibe:

Back