New Grower Help with Watering

Reaction score
im gonna be growing in soil airpots i hear people telling me dont worry about the ph... do they mean ph of the soil or ph of the water.... im gonna use tap water i was gonna fill a res full of water let it sit with airstones in it and feed it to plants... am i right or wrong?

- I would always worry about the pH both in the soil and the water despite what people would say. Specially when you are using products you are not absolutely familiar with, check the pH to prevent any unwanted problems before they start.

- Some people bubble their water and that is perfectly ok and helps dissapating chlorine from the water. It will dissapate generally in 24h from the water regardless. The problem is that many times they also add chloramine into the tapwater also and then it would be advisable to clean the water from that with reverse osmosis or something similar that would do the job. I know my local tapwater is being threated with a little bit of chloramine, I do not have any filteration tools and use that water by just offgassing the buckets free of chlorine for 24h period. Seems to work just fine for me.

is this how i check ph? i fill a bucket full of water test it wiith ph meter
add watever to bring it up or down then add nutes to water n test ph again
add watever to bring it up or down then feed it to plants?

is this how i check ph? i fill a bucket full of water test it wiith ph meter
add watever to bring it up or down then add nutes to water n test ph again
add watever to bring it up or down then feed it to plants?
Starting pH really doesn't matter.. you should fill res or jug, add nutes then pH then use.. be careful of mixing too much in the beginning. I don't like to leave any sitting for too long but I don't bubble my water..

Most of the folks who say you don't need to pH your water are probably growing organic. Organic systems tend to be less affected by the pH of the source water than growing with synthetics and way less so than with hydroponics where pH becomes very important. Even with organics, though, knowing what your putting into the system is good to know. If your tap water is on one of the far ends of the scale and either very acidic are very alkaline, even with organics a little adjusting may be in order.

Whoever tells you pH is not important, never listen to them again :D Its probably one of the most important things! If your pH is off, then plant cannot upate nutrients. No nutrients - no plant - no yield.

Vh17DGX.jpg

Back