Indoor Hope's perpetual Skyline grow

Looking fantastic as always mate. What's the green stuff on the grodan chips? I have seen it on the surface of my Coco in grows that have gone wrong from overwatering.

Looking fantastic as always mate. What's the green stuff on the grodan chips? I have seen it on the surface of my Coco in grows that have gone wrong from overwatering.

Hey m8.. hope you're well.. thanks :pighug:.. they're shaping up nicely :thumbsup: it's algae.. harmless but unsightly lol I'll be using only rockwool for my next grow so I'll cover the tops of my pots to prevent or at least slow it down.. really should have done it this time.. for the sake of cutting a piece of panda film covered cardboard to fit roughly.. further evidence of the true extent of my laziness brother.. as if any further evidence was required :eyebrows::crying:

Here's a few pics of the rockwool lecters from last night..
20220809_220410.jpg
20220809_220415.jpg
20220809_220418.jpg
20220809_220425.jpg
20220809_220432.jpg
20220809_220439.jpg

They're starting to stretch.. had what looks like some mag def.. added calmag.. that shit doesn't half raise your EC. Have some clawed tips as well but feel like I remember seeing that in some of my previous Lecters so I don't think it's 'the claw' from N tox.. I think that's more of an overall leaf clawing rather than just tips but any info on that welcome.. which means if im wrong someone tell me please lol
20220809_220613.jpg

Other than that I'm happy with the progress for my first efforts in rockwool.. I think they're coming on well.. any comments tips advice always welcomed amigos.

Feeding twice per day.. 8am and 8pm roughly.. only takes around 200ml to run through the pots.. I think I'll pack my cubes a bit tighter next time although that could be just how much they need at this stage.

Attachments

• 20220809_220613.jpg
    20220809_220613.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
Here's a few pics of the rockwool lecters from last night..
View attachment 1499285View attachment 1499286View attachment 1499287View attachment 1499288View attachment 1499289View attachment 1499290

They're starting to stretch.. had what looks like some mag def.. added calmag.. that shit doesn't half raise your EC. Have some clawed tips as well but feel like I remember seeing that in some of my previous Lecters so I don't think it's 'the claw' from N tox.. I think that's more of an overall leaf clawing rather than just tips but any info on that welcome.. which means if im wrong someone tell me please lol
View attachment 1499291
Other than that I'm happy with the progress for my first efforts in rockwool.. I think they're coming on well.. any comments tips advice always welcomed amigos.

Feeding twice per day.. 8am and 8pm roughly.. only takes around 200ml to run through the pots.. I think I'll pack my cubes a bit tighter next time although that could be just how much they need at this stage.
Rockwool plants look good bro. :d5:

@420autoflower can i pick your ginormous rockwool brain my friend?? My grodan girls are on day 30.. I think they're a bit behind from the first week/10 days when they weren't getting watered twice a day.. they have like 6 sets of nodes/branches.. anyway.. what EC would u be at with them as they look now? I'm thinking around 1.4 but I'm new to this lol

Also.. I think they need quite a bit of calmag.. I started it only about a week ago.. Will start earlier next time.. its a big EC raiser as far as i can see.. so do I just make my feed ppms up with calmag first then my base nutes to desired EC? Hope that makes sense!! :pighug:

@420autoflower can i pick your ginormous rockwool brain my friend?? My grodan girls are on day 30.. I think they're a bit behind from the first week/10 days when they weren't getting watered twice a day.. they have like 6 sets of nodes/branches.. anyway.. what EC would u be at with them as they look now? I'm thinking around 1.4 but I'm new to this lol

Also.. I think they need quite a bit of calmag.. I started it only about a week ago.. Will start earlier next time.. its a big EC raiser as far as i can see.. so do I just make my feed ppms up with calmag first then my base nutes to desired EC? Hope that makes sense!! :pighug:
You got it brother! :thumbsup: 1.3-1.4 ec should be fine for the size and age of those plants. That range should be good until around the 4th week of flower… after that you can start bumping it up slowly.
I usually go with about 3mil of calmag per gallon of R/O then start adding my main NPK to get it to the desired PPM/EC. I’ll cut the calmag out completely around the second week of flower and substitute the PPMs with a PK booster. Always good to use R/O when running hydro to make sure you start out at a very low EC and bring it back up with nutrients your plants will actually use.

You got it brother! :thumbsup: 1.3-1.4 ec should be fine for the size and age of those plants. That range should be good until around the 4th week of flower… after that you can start bumping it up slowly.
I usually go with about 3mil of calmag per gallon of R/O then start adding my main NPK to get it to the desired PPM/EC. I’ll cut the calmag out completely around the second week of flower and substitute the PPMs with a PK booster. Always good to use R/O when running hydro to make sure you start out at a very low EC and bring it back up with nutrients your plants will actually use.

Thanks dude.. great advice as always.. much appreciated :pighug: :worship:

Quick snap to show where the 2 rockwool Lecters have spent their life..
20220811_083104.jpg

They've never even made it into the tent proper.. never actually been 'under ' a light.. Sat outside the tent catching peripheral light from day 1.. and still growin like 2 champs. They'll get the last few weeks in the tent to themselves when the SOG comes down.

Back