Why can't a quality charger be used?

Having one, I think you will quickly see 2 [or more, I have 4] batteries are needed because you'll be burning through them relatively quickly. That's just the nature of this vape. Having multiple batteries is not meant to support, as you cited, charging a battery while the other is in use. As in the instructions, the only official charger is the vape itself (connected by supplied cable to a USB port/outlet). You can use the vape while its charging, but you can't use a 3rd-party battery charger. You'll likely be charging batteries in the unit during its downtime. Their custom-made batteries are only $7 each, cheap.

The Grasshoppers work extraordinarily well as nearly pure convection vaporizers, with convection vaporizers (stuff heated by heated air) better in my view than conduction (stuff baked in a vented chamber). There are few worthy portable vaporizers as pure convection and none as powerful as this.

Hopefully, soon enough budelee will give us first responses after trying it out.

Still hitting the Grasshopper daily..
In from work or going shopping and early mornings it's so convenient and no concern of stinking the place up..
Been cleaning it regularly with IPA keeping the flavours up.
The only issue I have is that the cap will not screw fully up, despite thorough cleaning, although it's not causing any problems so no real concern..:thanks:

Why can't a quality charger be used?
As I recall from either the 'instructions' or Web site, they only recommend (or maybe only support, which could mean warrantee coverage) recharging of their custom batteries using the GH device itself, with vague mention of future (since not listed) approved devices. I emailed and asked about acceptable chargers maybe about 5-6 weeks ago, with no reply.

Of course, you can use a good current technology charger, one that I think now reads the battery's chip telling it how to control recharging, I use a Nitecor Intellicharger I2, costs about $12 in U.S. And with the batteries actually rather cheap, even if somehow a 3rd party charger doesn't charge them as well as the GH itself, I can't notice the difference. I very rarely use the GH for charging.

Aye, still using my vape here as well. I'll get some picture updates, the main attachment piece actually seems to have had the threads stripped out; I don't feel like I overtightened it at any point but it's possible that happened. It's stripped though, it's loose as a goose. I have to use the WPA (which threads on just fine.)

I was also told that the silicone tip was for fitting to glass pieces, not necessarily for smoking against your lips lol. Whether or not that's true, on the highest setting without the silicone piece, after two consecutive draws the mouthpiece is so hot I would wager most people I know (myself included) would complain that it's too hot (burns your lips.) The unit itself can also become so hot that I wouldn't dare stick that in my pocket next to my boys lol. Might lower your sperm count a bit at least! :hump:

I have been using the silicone piece on the WPA on a water bong though; I must say, have vapor filtered over cold water = amaaaaaazing! There is definitely something cool about just clicking the button and being able to hit most bongs on the go with it!

Time to hit the Hopper...
Heres a pic of the unit with the mouthpiece tightened as much as possible..
IMG_20170325_102133.jpg
IMG_20170325_102140.jpg

All is well with my unit and regular relaxing testing continues, i dont smoke inside the house but i vape freely and tonight is no exception.. monday's ... Well anyday is good for a smooth easy vape sesh... And hey, if i'm in the mood, i'll get wrecked later on..
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Out with the old and in with the new... Aaaannnnd break!!!!
image.jpeg
loaded and ready to go... More soon..

Regarding difficulties tightening, closing the gap, "stripping" the threads, at least with mine, it's a matter of the inner threads on the steel mouthpiece getting junked up, and it can happen real fast. Scraping/wiping the inner threads while still hot is one way to clean the threads.

Regarding use of the silicone tips that came with it, I found them totally useless. Any 1/2-inch inner diameter silicone or other tubing will fit perfectly on the GH, which is 14 mm (0.55 inches) outer diameter; and from there, you should be able to connect to most anything. A short piece of tubing alone works very well.

Otherwise, one of the first things I did was take fine sand/emery paper and filed down that terribly air flow-restrictive, too small diameter opening at the tip. It does not take much filing, much widening of diameter (not noticeable) to effectively double or much more increase the area of the opening for air flow.

And to clear the tip inner screen from clogging, I draw a flame through the screen (and if you are careful, you can get some oil vapor hits). I've seen no problems with this.

this is the thing that trips my trigger.... trying to make even the battery proprietary... sorry, but the only excuse for that is $$$. Damned Li batteries are expensive enough without doing this!

And to those who use 18650 batteries for anything, stay AWAY from Ultrafire batteries! Total junk! check this pic out.......makes you real nervous about batteries!

ultrafire-fake.jpg

It can mate...a few folks I know use a nitecore:pass:

Hey @Duggy i was just cleaning and reloading when i spotted something that may be causing the issue of the lid not fitting/seating properly...
image.jpeg
the inside perimeter had material packed in it which did cause mine not to thread on completely, after a quick clean, it closes like it was new.. Jus an idea....

Back