Horticultural Lighting Group's Grow and Show

@WildBill - How did you know you had a bum dimmer? (heh, I'm gonna call someone a 'bumdimmer' tomorrow)
It began to flicker when turned up. Tech said the vendor had a batch with either too much graphite or improperly applied. Very simple fix. unsoldered one wire and soldered it to the new part. and reconnected three wires.

The 600 r has some life under it. Top left is a sole SSSC Autocreeper. Two on the right are Beaver genetics MOBSTAR’S Dream twins. And the big girl is only visiting for now. She’ll be going into the other tent in a 25-30 gal pot made from 55gal plastic drum. She is a HSO Passionfruit punch photo that I will cut clones from and try to reverse…
D11EE850-A3EE-4C36-81C3-63CA71C992DB.jpeg
B0332A76-C7F1-4D84-A020-43C3B58598D2.jpeg
C5D95001-D360-4647-9796-A52F125C8C78.jpeg

The dimmer is set at “click” #2 drawn up to the top of the tent. I will exclusively use dimmer to control light intensity as I’ve found this to be easier than raising/lowering.

The 600 r has some life under it. Top left is a sole SSSC Autocreeper. Two on the right are Beaver genetics MOBSTAR’S Dream twins. And the big girl is only visiting for now. She’ll be going into the other tent in a 25-30 gal pot made from 55gal plastic drum. She is a HSO Passionfruit punch photo that I will cut clones from and try to reverse…View attachment 1516003View attachment 1516004View attachment 1516005
The dimmer is set at “click” #2 drawn up to the top of the tent. I will exclusively use dimmer to control light intensity as I’ve found this to be easier than raising/lowering.
Going to germ a couple more seeds today. Prob be Twenty20 gear.

This will be the first girl that has been in flower under the Blackbird, she’s a fastbuds strawberry pie I believe this was day 36 or 38. The light came into the tent I think late teens early 20s for that plant. Light is at the top of the tent and I also will control with just dimmer rather than moving up and down (I do need one of those kw meters for the wall). Temps have been in the mid-high side of 80s and it’s on the second click( third to be exact but from the know all the way off till the first click there’s nothing until you pass that first one)
She’s gonna be a frosty girl and a fatty as well :jointman: :woohoo: :baked: :vibes:
D93FA221-75CF-4747-8556-B2CA8DCEEFFF.jpeg
E3FAF023-CAF2-46F2-B378-1C68CB9FE61C.jpeg
8D16BF04-0509-4743-9FD3-4DF2F01107A5.jpeg

All tent environments are running very close to each other in Temp, humidity and ppfd
All are currently running 24/7. They will be switched over some time next week. To keep temps more even all 24hr period, I'm going to split the light cycle.
76-78*F and 62-66 Rh
PAR figures run just under 200 for the 4x4 and 2.3x2.3 tents and 235 for the 2x4
The HLG DIABLO 650R in the 4x4 is within an inch or so of the highest mounting and only on the lowest setting. The Mars SP3000 is at it's highest mounting and it's running at 100% because the dimmer malfunctioning and they haven't sent another. Eventhough the PAR figures are close and the time has been limited, I can already see a difference in the plants stretching. The girls are taller with a bit more stretch. Exactly what I really wanted to see. The last two grows has kinda led me to believe the Mars spectrum tends to make the plants more compact and bulky. I can't gripe about the production or potency, but growing indica heavy girls, the buds can get crazy chunky and a bit more risky to dry in my mind.Maybe the Mars light needs to be ran at a lower par.
My feeling is I'm gonna see more of the same from this HLG DIABLO 650R. It is a noticeable difference at this point in early development. Just from what I've seen in this short period of time, the next few days could be quite telling.

I planted the Sour Stomper X CDLC] x FORUM STOMPER as a replacement.
All girls and where I planted the seed, received 4oz of water with humic acid at 1/4tsp@ 5gal, a dash of Ther The Yah-Whey.mX70 and 1/4tsp of aminos @ gal and 1oz/gal of the BAS Thrive. The Probiotics Yah-Whey is being used in place of EM1 in the rez.
The 3gal Rain Science bags got another 6oz in each tray for their additional evaporation.
Depending on the growth, I expect to be able to add some water to the rez of the EBs next weekIt will mainly just to bring up the moisture content in the media and get the wicking spots set up with roots. This should get established quickly with the Jrs with the girls planted directly above the wicking spots, but will take longer with the regulars.
I think I'll add a pint to each Jr and a quart to the Regs for their first watering thru the rez. At that point is when I'll start the short dry period before refilling. At the beginning, that period will be very short until I can fully fill the rez and it be gone within 72 hrs.
The quicker I can get good roots established in the wicking areas, the sooner the girls can choose what nutes the take up and not being forced and they get into that crazy EB mode.

I took advantage of HLG 25% off and picked up UV supplement for the HLG DIABLO 650R.

HLGlonglight_measurments_on_1800x1800.jpg

This will allow me to have supplemental UV to all my tents with taking the two fixtures from the 4x4 tent and split them up.

$104 shipped free

Back