New Grower How many seeds to germinate F1 Meph

Amnesica

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hi all,

I will run some mephisto soon and I have also to choose 1 or max 2 F1 illuminato.
Being F1 I was wondering if i should germinate maybe 3 beans and choses 1-2 plants between them, germinate 5 and select 1-2 or just germinate 1-2 as needed.

Would be random the phenotype of a random bean or i should have more or less similar plants?

Btw is Girl Scout Monkey
Many thanks
A

F1 should be fairly consistent in appearance and structure. It’s F2 where all the genetic diversity manifests itself.

Beans ain’t cheap, and I’ve had real good luck with Mephisto ladies, I’d be doing it one at a time, as long as your germination game is on point.

Hi all,

I will run some mephisto soon and I have also to choose 1 or max 2 F1 illuminato.
Being F1 I was wondering if i should germinate maybe 3 beans and choses 1-2 plants between them, germinate 5 and select 1-2 or just germinate 1-2 as needed.

Would be random the phenotype of a random bean or i should have more or less similar plants?

Btw is Girl Scout Monkey
Many thanks
A
I've grown quite a few Mephisto F1s and have been happy almost every time. You might not know what's going to come out of the seed, but you know it'll be good.

Back