Photoperiod Grand Daddy Purple - Bulk Seeds, ordered from Linda Seeds

Heart of flowers

Freelancing multi-consult +, + ❤️ flowers.
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Focusing on sativa…
I’ll ordered some photoperiod Grand Daddy Purple - Bulk seeds, from Linda Seeds.

I just had to give the GDP a go because of the name and the reputation the strain have/had world-wide, but especially in America.

With the order I got 7 freebies from Seedstockers and Royal Queen Seeds.

The communication with Linda Seeds was top-notch and the shipment was fast and accurate.

I’ll update the progress with some photos in the next post and will do so once a week until harvest.

Last edited:
Here we go…..

I started to germinate them and they popped up around the 14-17 January 2024.

IMG_8065.jpeg

A few days later…

IMG_8095.jpeg

Some days later and almost everyone is up with a germ-rate of 95%+

IMG_8163.jpeg

Then it was time to select the best ones as good as I could at this early stage and plant them in their final container of ~1 gal/3.6L pots.

IMG_8176.jpeg

A couple days later….

IMG_8201.jpeg

A video of the progress…

Two favorites that I liked…

IMG_8236.jpeg

IMG_8238.jpeg

And here we were yesterday

Got them on an EC of 1.4 with just base-nutrients and some silica.

Thats all for now, next update in a week.

Last edited:
Beauties so far HoF! I’m interested in seeing how they come along. :thumbsup:

Thank you brother. 😀 Yes, they look healthy and happy at this stage - but i did notice that they lacked magnesium two days ago and that they were standing in way to hot (EC) run-off water.

Should have fixed immediately but lazy as I am I did it today. Emptied the trays from water and added extra magnesium to the mix and watered them, will flush them trough tomorrow again with extra mag to fix it before it turns into a severe problem, but I think we’re good 👍

I’ll keep the updates coming, I am very interested myself - first time I’m doing a SOG with photoperiods, and I’ve love to share it with you guys 🫡

You can just foliar treat with calmag in the dark to fix it quick. It'll stop it on the spot. Make sure you pH it first though (6.5). You can foliar treat with calmag until flowering
Thank you for sharing @JP1 🙏.
I’ll give them a light mist of CalMag tomorrow just when the girls goes into sleep and will continue as long as needed.
I reduced the timer to 19/5 as well, to give them an extra hour to “heal” as they were asking for it.

They need to be healthy and robust when they entering flower-stage, or else I know the buds size will suffer.

A big thank you. Reps coming your way 💜

Hi guys 👋.

It’s not gone a full week yet, but I just need to do an update as i don’t feel happy with the strain or if the reason is because they are a photoperiod variety.

I’m used to grow autoflowers and mainly from Dutch Passion, and those of you who’s grown their gear knows that those plants always deliver.
Their seeds/plants have a phenomenal super-strong vigor and are easy to grow, even beginners get fantastic yields in less optimum conditions - it’s like the plants grew by themselves from start to finish ✅

I’ve grown autoflowers from other breeders as well and they have also been great, but honestly didn’t have the same stabilized uniformity as the named breeder above.

Anyhow, here is a short video from today on the progress and I’m not impressed at all.

IMO they should have been/had at least twice the size/mass at this stage with powerful and strong stems with an extended explosive root-system and structure.

But it’s not there, it’s like I’m growing a crappy waste-of-time strain and i honestly feel that I want to throw away the plants and start over again with some hardcore proven genetics.

I just wanted to let it out there as I’m pretty critical when it comes to strains, especially as I’m putting both money and time on them.
I’ll give this a day or two to think of what i should do, but honestly - they will probably go into the garbage.

This has nothing to do with Linda Seeds as they delivered what I ordered and had excellent costumer-service and a fast delivery.

If you have an opinion, feel free to spell it out. I’m listening… 🫡

Looks like healthy steady growth to me, and you're already a few weeks in. Says its an 8-10week flower, I'd bank it's closer to the 10 weeks, plus however much more veg you want. It may be faster to replace with autos at this point, but I'd probably give 'em a little more veg and flip 'em.

Looks like healthy steady growth to me, and you're already a few weeks in. Says its an 8-10week flower, I'd bank it's closer to the 10 weeks, plus however much more veg you want. It may be faster to replace with autos at this point, but I'd probably give 'em a little more veg and flip 'em.

The thing is that they must be defoliated - heavy, so all nodes get the chance to stretch and flower.

That process will hurt/stress them and then it will take some time for those nodes to grow by themselves and the plants will not have a lot of leafs that can catch all the light needed for a healthy and fast growth.

So I say at least 20-25 more days before a flip is possible, as they won’t stretch that much according to what I’ve read.

If I keep them I need to wait 4-5 days and then take the fan-leafs away to promote new growth underneath…. 🌱🌱🌱

So, 25 days before flip I reckon… 🥱

I’ve decided to keep them after growing as a grower yesterday.

This strain might be a bit slower, but it’s just how she is and she wants to be handled with care, respectfully in her way and not be stressed - which only will slow her down.

She’s a strain of quality, not made to be pushed to the limit.

I’ll do the trimming in just a few days to promote fresh growth of future bud-sites as that’s what we want see in the end ☺️

I’ll update when I’ve removed the fan-leafs.

Back