How much wattage before it becomes suspicious?

Reaction score
Hey fellow growers

I live in an area where it isnt legal to grow, but the laws are somewhat lax towards it compared to some places.

I have a 4x4 currently pulling around 500W in total and wanted to get another one up and running. Im just worried that another wattage draw will raise eyebrows with the electric companies? How much exactly do you need be drawing in watts before it becomes suspicious?

Thanks for reading :)

The power companies sell the electricity. The more you use the more they profit. It wouldn't be good business for them to dob you in so don't worry about it.

I'm in the UK,

My setup runs around 530 watts in total. It's totally fine. Been at it for more than a year now.

I'm actually thinking of getting another setup next to my current one.

As long as your paying on time, there is no problem

The power companies sell the electricity. The more you use the more they profit. It wouldn't be good business for them to dob you in so don't worry about it.
Thats probably right, if anything they will be happier for the extra money haha. 1000W is probably like, an AC system running all day or something i think? Which anyone can have:headbang:

500W is 100% legit.

3000 watts should also be okey, maybe worse if you spend like 20-30.000+ watts, then it could get hot.

I should be more worried about the smell :smoking:
Thats reassuring to hear haha. Makes sense tbh, as long as its not thousands and thousands of watts suddenly being used im guessing a small home grow wont touch the surface. You have me thinking i could maybe push it now a little more? Lol. We'll see:thanks:

I'm in the UK,

My setup runs around 530 watts in total. It's totally fine. Been at it for more than a year now.

I'm actually thinking of getting another setup next to my current one.

As long as your paying on time, there is no problem
So am i.

Thats good, i suppose theres dozens of reasons for a household to have an increased electricity bill, and 500W at the end of the day isnt really anything. I think ive been worrying too much about ffs. Thanks:mrgreen:

Back