Harvest & Curing Humidity for Vaping

Thanks; and you articulated what I was asking well:cheers:

How do you like the Dynavap? I use an old Mighty for outside/travel, and feel a little disappointed by the performance sometimes, but every time I try to do a little research for better alternatives I start going down the rabbit hole and get so many mixed reviews, or folks say what I have works as good as other devices already, so I give up and stick with what I've got :confused:
My absolute favorite setup is a Dynavap using a portable induction heater, and if I'm home I'll run the Dynavap through a small bong for extra cooling/filtration. I eventually got a custom wood stem from Dovetail Woodwork, which fits a 14mm downstem, whereas the basic M fits a 10mm downstem. The Dynavap stem tip is serrated enough that I don't need to grind flower anymore, I just poke it into a bud and break off a chunk, like you can with some one-hitters. It's also pretty easy to take apart and clean.

Dynavaps take some experimentation, because heating higher or lower on the tip makes a big difference how much heat it soaks up before clicking -- you can heat lower and finish the bowl in a heat/cool click cycle or two, or heat higher up and have six or more smaller hits with it cooling off quicker. If you're using a torch lighter it will take a bit of practice. The induction heater I use (a VHB carbon from vaphotbox.com) has an adjustable heating chamber, it positions coil heat higher or lower on the tip, and then it's just pushing the button. How tightly you pack the bowl also influences airflow a lot.

I haven't used a Mighty, but I like the Dynavap much better than the Arizer Air and MFLB I used previously. The basic 2019-2021 "M" Dynavap is fine, and those go on sale pretty often -- the 2021 M was $50 a few days ago. That plus a good IH is around the same price point as a Mighty, apparently.

Very insightful, appreciate it ... I'll have to do some new research on sourcing a Dynavap and heater now 😏

My absolute favorite setup is a Dynavap using a portable induction heater, and if I'm home I'll run the Dynavap through a small bong for extra cooling/filtration. I eventually got a custom wood stem from Dovetail Woodwork, which fits a 14mm downstem, whereas the basic M fits a 10mm downstem. The Dynavap stem tip is serrated enough that I don't need to grind flower anymore, I just poke it into a bud and break off a chunk, like you can with some one-hitters. It's also pretty easy to take apart and clean.

Dynavaps take some experimentation, because heating higher or lower on the tip makes a big difference how much heat it soaks up before clicking -- you can heat lower and finish the bowl in a heat/cool click cycle or two, or heat higher up and have six or more smaller hits with it cooling off quicker. If you're using a torch lighter it will take a bit of practice. The induction heater I use (a VHB carbon from vaphotbox.com) has an adjustable heating chamber, it positions coil heat higher or lower on the tip, and then it's just pushing the button. How tightly you pack the bowl also influences airflow a lot.

I haven't used a Mighty, but I like the Dynavap much better than the Arizer Air and MFLB I used previously. The basic 2019-2021 "M" Dynavap is fine, and those go on sale pretty often -- the 2021 M was $50 a few days ago. That plus a good IH is around the same price point as a Mighty, apparently.
Thanks again for the opinions and feedback, I finally found a decent deal on a 2020 M with a wood box and torch for ~$70:

20230622_090255.jpg

Can't wait to find a 10mm Female to 14mm Male adapter to use with a water pipe :bong: Also found an Ispire Wand for a little more than $100...a little bit of a learning curve so far but pretty impressed with the IH/Dynavap combo and glad I took the plunge. Have to keep an eye out now for a sale when I can get a 2021 M for $50 (or maybe I'll try one of the smaller ones) since sessions with more than one person don't seem very efficient with one device :cheers:

Can't wait to find a 10mm Female to 14mm Male adapter to use with a water pipe
I got one from TheRogueWaxWorks ("G13 14/10 Reducer" under Utility Glass) for a couple bucks.

Back