New Grower Indoor 3 weeks plants yellowing spots

afy

Reaction score
This is my first grow ever and I decided to make it as a learning practice using a small tent (60 x 60 x 140cm). I know that I will make mistakes which is the main point of learning . I know that since it is my first grow, I will be overdoing it. However, I’m posting here looking for help in figuring out what it going out with two of my plants!

-Problem: The leaves started showing yellow/brown spots.

-Medium/grow method:
Unfortunately, I don’t have ready potting mix (such as Fox Farm) or coco coir in our local shops. Therefore, I decided to mix my own soil and washed it with water for 2 days:

-Feed and supplements used:
At the end of the second week I added 1 gram per Gallon nutrition (Veg + Bloom RO/Soft Base) to my reservoir. This is 1/4 less than the recommended dosage which is 5 grams per Gallon

-Water source:
The soil mix was very wet because of the prewash, therefore I did not water for the first week. I started watering the plants with less than a liter every 2-3 days with a filtered water (0012 ppm and 6.0-6.4 PH).

-Strain and age
Amnesia - 3 weeks
Alaskan Purple - 3 weeks

-Climate:
Sometimes I switch on/off the AC inside the room which the tent placed in to adjust the tent temperature. So, the overall tent weather ranges between 68F-73F temperature and 55%-75% RH.

- Light used:
One LED light - 35 cm away from top of plants
Four 45W CFL (6500K for veg stage) - 8 cm away from plants

-Additional info:
plant started to be affected since 5 days. There are another 3 healthy plants in same tent with same planting conditions but different strains (attached)

--Pictures
attached

Attachments

• BAD Amnesia.JPG
    BAD Amnesia.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 100
  • BAD Alaskan Purple .JPG
    BAD Alaskan Purple .JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 89
  • GOOD Bruce Banner.JPG
    GOOD Bruce Banner.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 97
  • GOOD Skunk #1.JPG
    GOOD Skunk #1.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
  • GOOD White Widow.JPG
    GOOD White Widow.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 66
This is my first grow ever and I decided to make it as a learning practice using a small tent (60 x 60 x 140cm). I know that I will make mistakes which is the main point of learning . I know that since it is my first grow, I will be overdoing it. However, I’m posting here looking for help in figuring out what it going out with two of my plants!

-Problem: The leaves started showing yellow/brown spots.

-Medium/grow method:
Unfortunately, I don’t have ready potting mix (such as Fox Farm) or coco coir in our local shops. Therefore, I decided to mix my own soil and washed it with water for 2 days:

-Feed and supplements used:
At the end of the second week I added 1 gram per Gallon nutrition (Veg + Bloom RO/Soft Base) to my reservoir. This is 1/4 less than the recommended dosage which is 5 grams per Gallon

-Water source:
The soil mix was very wet because of the prewash, therefore I did not water for the first week. I started watering the plants with less than a liter every 2-3 days with a filtered water (0012 ppm and 6.0-6.4 PH).

-Strain and age
Amnesia - 3 weeks
Alaskan Purple - 3 weeks

-Climate:
Sometimes I switch on/off the AC inside the room which the tent placed in to adjust the tent temperature. So, the overall tent weather ranges between 68F-73F temperature and 55%-75% RH.

- Light used:
One LED light - 35 cm away from top of plants
Four 45W CFL (6500K for veg stage) - 8 cm away from plants

-Additional info:
plant started to be affected since 5 days. There are another 3 healthy plants in same tent with same planting conditions but different strains (attached)

--Pictures
attached
Is your quantum board turned up to 100%, there powerful lights and 35cm is to close unless you have it turned down move it up to 20 inches or 50cm until they start to get bigger and can take the intensity.

Many things going on here. looks like a cal/mg deficiency, your temps are 10* off for growing under led. Twisted growth also indicates low calcium.

When you mixed the soil, did you check the pH?

Mixing your own is great, but you need to add certain things in certain amounts to put the soil @6.5.

A medium pH test is in order.

It could be as simple as the soil pH is low 5s.

With the tlo you mixed you don't have to add extra feed. I use it and just r/o water and don't have any issues.. they look cooked.

One issue I did have was when my membrsin in my r/o crapped out and it wasn't making good water.. I ended up with plants that looked just like yours.. get your tds and check your water it should between. 0 and 40 up to 60 s okay but I wouldn't go any higher and you should change the membrane.

Back