Inline Fan

DONTON

The Road To Nowhere Leads To Me
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Gotta Grow It First
So to make issues worse for me as my mental/bipolar issues have been at their worst the last 3 months(sorry everyone) my 4 inch Mars Hydro inline fan is acting up during my grow(day 30)

I have the unit with the speed control on/off knob,not the temp/rh control unit.The fan works good but when I turn it off there is a high pitched noise and now a ''tick,tick,tick'' noise and I came to the conclusion that even when it is turned off it is trying to run.No,the fan blade does not move.As soon as I unplug the unit from the wall it stops/turns off.I suspect either the speed control unit is at fault or the fan is starting to go south.

My question to Mars Hydro is......why do you not sell the speed control unit and even the temp/rh control unit separately????

All other companies do.Also as anyone who has this model knows if you unplug the speed control it will run full speed.....which makes it useless.I know electronics are what they are and that's just the nature of the beast,but I know I will not buy anything MH from here on out.I like the products so far but the marketing plan is bad.

See,I called and all I was offered was another unit at a discount even though all my items are under warranty.At least my bank saw it my way and now I can buy a different brand that is more loyal to customers who spend their hard earned money on their products.

All you new folks new to this hobby keep that in mind.

Hi, can you tell me where did you buy it? If you are unsatisfied with the solution, please let me know.
I will answer your reply since you responded and I will try to be as nice as I can.I bought the items from the Mars Hydro website.Before I make a purchase I also review return/issues with items/how to go about returning and basically the chain of command of dealing with such issues.i was satisfied with said policies and ordered knowing that the items are not the best but are definitely not the worst quality either.So,no bashing of the quality of the product from me.I like Mars Hydro.

But what I do not like is when a company states that they will resolve an issue a specific way and then do the opposite when it is time to resolve an issue and that is what i experienced when I contacted MH about the inline fan.I was told that the item can not be returned even after I made a video of the issue and it was very evident there was an issue from said video.I was told i can only buy another unit with a 15% discount.And it only applied to the next level tier.

No warranty was honored and I was also treated really rude on the phone after multiple attempts to resolve this issue.I showed the bank associate pictures of the MH warranty on the website and also video my interactions when calling.I use speakerphone and have videos of each attempt to resolve the issue.I do this with every transaction since I was ''burned'' on a website transaction years ago and my attorney at the time gave me some advice:Always have proof no matter what.Words are cheap and the he said she said is just that.....your word against theirs.

So since then I collect as much proof as i can just in case the other party is not as nice as they present themselves.So....I had the proof i needed the bank needed to see and hear to return my money.I really detest having to contact my bank for a dispute but it happens.

Now you as a rep have been great on this forum with response time.But then again you have to be.If not the forum will boot you from it.So while you have a great repp for taking care of issues here.....the customer service from the company when you contact them turned out not to be all that good which IMHO shows the true colors of the company.

Thank you for your response and time but this issue is closed.Also this is not the only item I had an issue with and received the same rude ''buy up'' response on that issue as well.So that is why I came on here to review MH.

And yes it would be great for those folks who will continue to use you to be able to buy the speed/temp controller separately as well.Like i said bad service will outweigh the quality of a product for me and in this day and age there are too many players to choose from.

I will answer your reply since you responded and I will try to be as nice as I can.I bought the items from the Mars Hydro website.Before I make a purchase I also review return/issues with items/how to go about returning and basically the chain of command of dealing with such issues.i was satisfied with said policies and ordered knowing that the items are not the best but are definitely not the worst quality either.So,no bashing of the quality of the product from me.I like Mars Hydro.

But what I do not like is when a company states that they will resolve an issue a specific way and then do the opposite when it is time to resolve an issue and that is what i experienced when I contacted MH about the inline fan.I was told that the item can not be returned even after I made a video of the issue and it was very evident there was an issue from said video.I was told i can only buy another unit with a 15% discount.And it only applied to the next level tier.

No warranty was honored and I was also treated really rude on the phone after multiple attempts to resolve this issue.I showed the bank associate pictures of the MH warranty on the website and also video my interactions when calling.I use speakerphone and have videos of each attempt to resolve the issue.I do this with every transaction since I was ''burned'' on a website transaction years ago and my attorney at the time gave me some advice:Always have proof no matter what.Words are cheap and the he said she said is just that.....your word against theirs.

So since then I collect as much proof as i can just in case the other party is not as nice as they present themselves.So....I had the proof i needed the bank needed to see and hear to return my money.I really detest having to contact my bank for a dispute but it happens.

Now you as a rep have been great on this forum with response time.But then again you have to be.If not the forum will boot you from it.So while you have a great repp for taking care of issues here.....the customer service from the company when you contact them turned out not to be all that good which IMHO shows the true colors of the company.

Thank you for your response and time but this issue is closed.Also this is not the only item I had an issue with and received the same rude ''buy up'' response on that issue as well.So that is why I came on here to review MH.

And yes it would be great for those folks who will continue to use you to be able to buy the speed/temp controller separately as well.Like i said bad service will outweigh the quality of a product for me and in this day and age there are too many players to choose from.
Sorry about spelling errors....

Back