Indoor Lil Dab's Earthboxes and Organics

first press 180f and another ... second press 210f
Good looking presses!

I know different machines/strains are different but is this your standard these days...a 1m warmup, then 5m at 180, and another 5m at 210?

Are you also squishing all the way down to start your 5m countdowns?

Good looking presses!

I know different machines/strains are different but is this your standard these days...a 1m warmup, then 5m at 180, and another 5m at 210?

Are you also squishing all the way down to start your 5m countdowns?

Yup that's pretty much how I do it now 180f for 5-6 min including 1 min warm up and another 5min ish at 210f. I squeeze the pucks partiality for warmup about 2/3 the way down little to no pressure nothing on the gauge then start timer. After 1 min I start to apply more pressure slowly until I reach max then just maintain pressure. That 5-6 min is when I notice I am not getting anymore flow those numbers aren't set in stone it's just a ball park. I do get distracted sometimes and go over..... way over :doh::baked::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The 180 and 210F are pretty much set in stone it can vary slightly depending on strain and preferences and the pressure numbers are set in stone 600-800MPSI first press and 1000-1200 MPSI second press. The times are just ball parks more or less amounts with make them go longer or shorter

1714436898477.png

I do get distracted sometimes and go over..... way over :doh::baked::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
:baked:

The 180 and 210F are pretty much set in stone it can vary slightly depending on strain and preferences and the pressure numbers are set in stone 600-800MPSI first press and 1000-1200 MPSI second press. The times are just ball parks more or less amounts with make them go longer or shorter
Ah, got it, that makes sense, thanks.
Almost the perfect amount for a couple 5g containers that round :cheers:. Would you put them both in the fridge, or leave one out if that's what you're using this week?

:baked:

Ah, got it, that makes sense, thanks.
Almost the perfect amount for a couple 5g containers that round :cheers:. Would you put them both in the fridge, or leave one out if that's what you're using this week?

Yeah I'd keep one out most likely or put them both in for 24 cold cure but not necessary either way is fine :shrug: :lildab:

Yup that's pretty much how I do it now 180f for 5-6 min including 1 min warm up and another 5min ish at 210f. I squeeze the pucks partiality for warmup about 2/3 the way down little to no pressure nothing on the gauge then start timer. After 1 min I start to apply more pressure slowly until I reach max then just maintain pressure. That 5-6 min is when I notice I am not getting anymore flow those numbers aren't set in stone it's just a ball park. I do get distracted sometimes and go over..... way over :doh::baked::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Like with live Rosin hash, I started cold pre-pressing my flower. While I don't think it is as important to do it with flower, It definitely helps with the warm up period when doing hash. With hash I do a one minute warm up with minimal pressure at 125 to 130 degrees. Most of the hash begins to start flowing within 35 to 45 seconds. At the one minute mark I turn my temperature up to 175 and once it reaches 175 I hold it for a minute and that usually will suffice. I think the cold pressing helps with the heat transfer.