Indoor LITFA w/ Natures Living Soil

Big Sul

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
MEPHISTO
LITFA - Leave It The F@$& Alone.

Past grows have yielded ample bud, but not without incident. With so much info out there, I lacked the patience and knowledge to understand the plant. Add to that the experience levels of others on the site and me trying to “keep up” with others pics. This grow is all about PATIENCE.

Seeds - Mephisto Double Grape (2)
Mephisto Skywalker (2)
Linda’s Wedding Cake (4)

Germination- 3-1 peroxide/6.5 ph water soak 12 hrs.
- place in paper towel
- once popped, place in rapid rooters.
- place rooters in soil.
Soil - FFHF with Nature’s Living Soil Autoflower Mix.
Light - HLG500R @ 440’ish watts at 30”

In past grows I attempted transplanting, but always struggled and had multiple stunted plants. This year I started In final pots and I am practicing LITFA. The first week I was worried about the progress as the seedlings were not very active. This is where I messed up in the past. I did nothing. I’ve heard the term “getting their root on”, but again, I lacked the patience. Not this time. I focused on the environment and not the plant. Results appear to be positive.

The following are pics of day 10-14

watered w/recharge in day 11

IMG_1635.jpegIMG_1636.jpegIMG_1640.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 21 and all is well. I’m ready For the stretch to start. This is normally where I start some LST, but not this time. I’m going to hold off and observe. I have 6 auto pots and 8 plants to choose from, with 1 going to my friend who has cerebral palsy. He really enjoys watching them grow so I gave him my old light and set him up. The results aren’t the best due to environmental limitations, but that isn’t the objective for that plant. The medicinal value of growing provides much joy for him.

I’m a big believer in positive vibes. I live in a retirement community and make gummies for my friends. As a result, my friends have reduced or eliminated the use of pain, anxiety, sleep, BP medicine.

What a magical plant.
IMG_0080.jpeg

Looking forward to seeing how they do with less training. :pop:
I’m gonna hold off as long as I can. In my limited experience, I’ve found that growing different strains makes early LST less than optimal when an even canopy is a priority. ill make decisions post stretch.

Day 24 and the babies are happy. All are starting to show sex.

Just added 1/2 tblsp of Natures Living Soil Girl Flower Power. I’m still formulating my plan on how I’m going to dry amendment on a bottom watering autopot system. Since I live in the desert the soil on top dries out quickly. If I wait 2-3 days between watering, the top soil become hydrophobic and the water leaks out of the fabric pots. As a result, I am watering less, but watering everyday. This should rectify itself once I turn on the water only reservoir. It is my experience that I turn on the res once the leaves reach the sides of the pots. I’m there now. I’m going to top water this afternoon and turn on the the res in the morning. If all goes well, I anticipate that I will secure res every 2-3 days for 24 hrs and topwater, adding a tblsp of GFP weekly.

IMG_1648.jpeg

Day 26: plants are really doing their thing. Transition is happening quickly. performed minor defoliation and added 1 tablespoon of GFP. Planned on waiting a couple more days before topdress, but plants growth is out pacing my intentions.
IMG_1649.jpeg

Day 28: As I reflect on previous grows, I can now see how stress can stunt plants. As per “other“ growers, I would perform LST starting at 18-21 days. While effective, I found that some plants didnt respond well and some did. This grow I’m letting them do their thing. If needed, I’ll supercrop. In the meantime, I’m defoliating to allow better light penetration.
IMG_1656.jpeg

Back