Extraction Making vape oil from bubble hash using Mass Terpene products

pop22

Frankensteins Lab Leader
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I love hash! But its been many, many, years since I've had anything but scissor hash. I also really enjoy the samples I've had of liquid concentrate vape. I've dabbled with making my own with so so results. I have used terpene dilutants before but DAMN the taste was too strong and harsh! and it didn't work that well with QWET, so I put that aside until now.I want to see how bubblehash works with Mass Terpene's products.

I bought a set of cheap bubble bags from ebay about 4 years ago. I used them twice but was disappointed with the results and found hand mixing to be tedious and difficult, painful really as it strained my torn rotator cuff..... I used a mixer and it didn't do well. Next I used my drill and a paint mixer. Better but still hard to do for more than a couple minutes for me. Off to the closet for the bags!

So a few months ago, I found F.N.'s bubble hash thread. He was using one of these washing machines and I knew I had to get one! Bought one and it has been sitting for about three months lol. Just didn't have time for this project.

Bubble machine pic1.jpg

Bubble machine pic2.jpg
Bubble machine pic3.jpg
Bubble machine pic4.jpg

When i got notice of the Mass Terpene test I jumped at the chance! Here was a reason to get that machine in action. Making some hash AND some eliquid!

I've watched several youtube videos and adopted techniques from Frenchy Canoli, he's the man when it comes to anything hash!

I cut the tops of of 4 ( should have used 5 or 6 ....duh! )buckets as seen in Frenchy's videos. This keeps a space between the bags so the don't touch the hash in the bag below it. I fit a bag over the work bucket then the 190,160,120,90, and 73 bag, my 45 bag was missing and I skipped the 25 micron bag. I might use the 25 next to collect everything between it and the 73 bag to use in oil etc.

I put the about 35-40 grams of Blue Dragon bud and trim in the freezer overnight. I set up everything in my bathroom ( tight space but it was the only place I could really do this )
I put my fold up bench in the tub and set the machine on it to give me enough height. I again, following Frenchy's advice, did not use the work bag in the machine. I place the weed in the bottom of the machine and gently placed ice on top of it. I added just enough water to cover the ice and weed and let it soak for 30 minutes.

I added more ice then added enough water to fill the machine about 1/2 full. For the first run I ran it for 6 minutes and then drained the solution into the work bucket. I immediately removed the 220 bag and cleaned the plant matter out of it and rinsed it. I set a second bucket on the stand in front of the machine and transfered the first bag, the 190, and bucket top to it. i used the hand held shower to wash the hash into the center of the bag.
Now here is where it got tricky. My bags are a bit stiff so turning then inside out required some care not to smear the hash onto the side of the bag. I've seen people use a plate to lift the bag bottom up. i tried a frisby but I didn't trust how the bags were bending so I went back to using jusst my hand.
I didn't lose any so I did that for the remainging bags.

I scraped the hash of the bags with a spoon. With the 160 and lower bags, I rinsed each bag into the next so as to not waste any! I placed the hash on drying mats placed on cardboard. After it dried a bit, I placed each blob of hash on a square of cardboard, placed them in a plastic tub and froze them. In retrospect, considering the small amount I'm making this run, micro planing the frozen hash really doesn't make a lot of sense. I'll thaw it and chop it up with a knife then finish drying it.

hash pic1.jpg

I added a little more ice and water and did a second run for 9 minutes. The hash looks nicer than the first run, although the first run looked fairly good.
There was almost no 190, and the 160 and 120 were small amounts. The 90 and 73 bags produced well though on both runs.

hash pic3 second run.jpg
hash pic2.jpg

I must say, I'm VERY pleased with the results, especially with such a small amount of plant matter! When Its dry I'll weigh it, but I'm guessing about 1.5 to 2 grams total.

After the hash dries I'll begin the vape oil. Stayed tuned!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I'm afraid you'll find there is too much plant material left if you plan to use in 510 carts. It will need to refined further. The waxs build up quickly on the ceramic wicks and they become useless fast.

If your building your own coils and tanks, then all bets are off, I moved to vaping from cigarettes years ago and build my own gear... homebuilt will easily handle the waxs...but honestly still not something you want to ingest.

I've heard real good things about bubble that's been pressed into rosin working.

Yes, I figured the waxes would be a problem with the cartridges. As far as ingesting them, well.... smoking them as they are a part of hash hasn't killed me and I smoked a LOT of hash at one time lol! After I've more experience with making bubblehash, I'll winterize it or do Rosin. But for this test with such a small amount I felt it was a waste of time and materials. And I want to see if the product dilutes it well enough to be usable as is.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid you'll find there is too much plant material left if you plan to use in 510 carts. It will need to refined further. The waxs build up quickly on the ceramic wicks and they become useless fast.

If your building your own coils and tanks, then all bets are off, I moved to vaping from cigarettes years ago and build my own gear... homebuilt will easily handle the waxs...but honestly still not something you want to ingest.

And my complaint with rosin is not all strains release well from parchment paper and using bags, you then either waste a lot or have to soak the bags in alcohol or oil to recover whats left behind. It would be ok if I was to process a large quantity of weed but I doubt I'll ever do large amounts, I like my dry herb vapes! Vape oil for me is more of a take it with you thing for occasional use.

It'll dilute it, my experience was the empty trichs were still hanging around.... and I had the same overpowering experience with a product called "the solution " overpowering is actually an understatement. Unusable comes to mind too. Want to try the unflavored one, but at 125$ for 30 ml...

Thanks for sharing @pop22
I think this would be a great test for the SerVm product they offer, it’s selling point bring that it liquidizes most plant matter that’s caused a majority of problems previously. I have made my rounds if the local shops playing dumb in the past few weeks. No one I have talked with makes the cartridge process sound as easy as it appears from these threads. I hope to see you prove them wrong.

But then again I am sure the accumulated knowledge at AFN is far greater than the help at the local vape and grow shops. I was just trying to justify to myself gaining the knowledge. If I had heard everyone say that everyone does it and it’s super easy I wouldn’t have bothered. But as soon as every story was about how many times they have tried and failed I knew I had to figure it out.

What kind of tank or cart would you recommend for the thicker wax/lipid content of rosin? Sub-ohm tanks and a mod box?

Yes to both box and tank...and a rebuildable deck. But I think the best way is with a dripper, ceramic wick in a Clapton type coil. Flavor is more on, and hits more like I'm used too.
I guarentee if it has the draw of a coffee stir stick I'll chuck it out the car window.

Back