Extraction Making vape oil from bubble hash using Mass Terpene products

That is a good article. The reason I make my own carts is so I can avoid as many bad things as possible. I know that my rosin is "clean" and I am trusting (mistake?) MassTerpenes to be making a clean product. In light of all of the recent problems it may be more important to know what is actually in it. They state "terpenes and terpinoids".

I think the recent problems are from tainted products. Vaping has been going on for years and all of the sudden these issues have cropped up. I know there are Peeps here that are using BHO and QWISO to do the extraction and no matter how well they winterize and vacuum process it it still contains poisonous contaminants. If they are not vacuuming it they are asking for real troubles.

Finally vaping is probably not good for me but I love the pain relief and the high.

The thing that I get hung up about is that they" have not tested their product" so they do not know if it is safe. WTF !!!! @Dudeski @Mañ'O'Green
This is true through out the industry as well as for cannabis extracts. Vaping has not been around that long. Pioneer = guinea pig. If we wait for it to clear the FDA our grand children will be dead of old age.

Each person must decide for themselves what and how they will put in their body. An informed decision is always better. The conversations here serve to enlighten us and I appreciate the time invested by everyone. This is an important thread. :toke:

Thanks for posting this!

that's the first article with any info since the rash of people hosptialized was reported. Its my understanding that legal market carts are now mostly using terpenes in place of PEG etc. I suspected MCT or coconut oil was being used as its much cheaper than other dilutants and cause the same issues as mineral oil.
But for safety's sake, I'm ditching this batch of vape oil. I'll winterize the next batch with sucks because its a pain in the ass and unless you have a vacuum oven, you won't get all the alcohol out. Glad I bought that Yocan pen.... at least I can vape my hash that way!

Thanks for posting this!

that's the first article with any info since the rash of people hosptialized was reported. Its my understanding that legal market carts are now mostly using terpenes in place of PEG etc. I suspected MCT or coconut oil was being used as its much cheaper than other dilutants and cause the same issues as mineral oil.
But for safety's sake, I'm ditching this batch of vape oil. I'll winterize the next batch with sucks because its a pain in the ass and unless you have a vacuum oven, you won't get all the alcohol out. Glad I bought that Yocan pen.... at least I can vape my hash that way!
Cant wait for you to try the yocan!

Thanks for posting this!

I was happy to share.
I filter through this Amazon product
The "wash" just sits in freezer for 24 hours and then I use this filter. It makes my "wash" a nice golden color. It is an extra step but for me it is worth it.

Me too! if smoked hash taste good, I can't wait to vape some! I've tried it in a couple of so called dual use vapes. First was the Mighty ( piece of crap IMO )
and it was a waste of time and material. Then I tried it in my DaVinci Ascent ( still the best vape I've owned, damn I miss it! ). They had a little glass cart to put your oils etc in. It worked ok, but I apparently over filled it and made an awful mess! took me quite a while to clean my vape........... so one try was enough. I haven't bothered with any of the other vapes I've had that claimed they could also do concentrates. I'm taking a trip to Mass soon, so I plan to buy some concentrate while I'm there. It will be the first time in many years that I've actually paid for cannabis!

I am always a band wagon "hop aboard member" here on AFN :cool1:. I learn so much. My Yocan Evolve Plus will be here next week.:chimp:

I love flower and find the carts I make are very strong. I have a bit of keif from my grinder and have been making "rat turd" size balls. I have been putting this in the Pax3 concentrate chamber and I am now in love again. That is such a clean pure hit. Look forward to standing on the curb waiting for another band wagon.:cools:

I made my hash using dry ice. It was easier than I expected and got a very nice yield.

Back