Mars Hydro TS1000 Grow Tent Kit Looking for Tester

- As stated elsewhere ... ph/tds meters would be a plus.
- Starter nutrient/fertilizer packs or a coupon to obtain them from a manufacturer
- Small oscilating variable speed fan(s) one or two depending on tent size for circulation
==========
Marketing suggestions

- Build-a-kit
option ... offer the customer the ability to mix and match components to make a "custom" kit while still giving a discounted price for the "kit" purchase.

- Tiered kits option

Basic kit .... tent, light (give 2+ choices for the lights), timer, rope hangers, inline fan, speed controller, and filter.
Some growers are on a budget while others are expanding/upgrading an existing installation and do not need everything in the "standard" kit

Standard kit .... what you offer now

Deluxe kit ... Standard kit plus the meters, fertilizer packs, thermostatic controller for the inline fan, one or two small circulation fans as outlined above.
Thank you for giving such sincere advice. Your marketing suggestions are very useful and it is easy to add some necessary accessories. I have sent your suggestion back to our manager. :toke:

pH/tds/ec meters are a must have.... That would be a good investment for your grow tent kits to have.... Now that would be a full kit.....:greenthumb:
Ideally, one or two monkey fans would be a worthy addition.
Useful suggestions. I hope soon they will appear in our sets. Thank you! :toke:

Thanks @Marshydro for this giveaway, I'm really very impressed with what's in the box. You guys really have put together a really neat package :toke:

MH1.jpg

MH2.jpg

MH3.jpg

There's even a timer and a humidity meter to add to the ducting clamps.

MH4.jpg

One very sleek inline fan and ducting.

MH5.jpg

4 Fabric grow bags :woohoo:

MH7.jpg

MH8.jpg

The box that just keeps giving.

MH9.jpg

And right at the bottom of the box is the tent itself, thanks again for the giveaway, I'll be sure to put this to good work:toke:

It reminds me of opening my first major telescope purchase.
Big boxes, little boxes .... goodies everywhere.
I could barely wait to get it assembled. Once I got it home, I unpacked and set it up in about 45 minutes.

Of course I only got to use it that first night for about a half hour before the clouds rolled in. :shrug:

It reminds me of opening my first major telescope purchase.
Big boxes, little boxes .... goodies everywhere.
I could barely wait to get it assembled. Once I got it home, I unpacked and set it up in about 45 minutes.

Of course I only got to use it that first night for about a half hour before the clouds rolled in. :shrug:
I'm in the process of organising a scope, I have one lined up I just need to sort the funding out, :jointman: . On a tangent have you seen the Lunar Wave?

I'm in the process of organising a scope, I have one lined up I just need to sort the funding out, :jointman: . On a tangent have you seen the Lunar Wave?
Very nice ... I sold them professionally for over 20 years (alas ... I'm retired now) and have been a very active amateur for much longer.
What kind of scope are you looking at?

As for "Lunar Wave" are you referring to the rolling "wave" sometimes recorded during videotaping the Moon?

MOST of the time it's the residual persistent contrail of a jet aircraft. Occaisionally it may be a similar effect from a meteorite incineration train.
Finally, depending on the camera, it's a video artifact.
If the "wave" is perfectly horizontally oriented (horizontal is always the longer axis) relative to the camera frame it almost certainly is a video artifact. Interlaced video and progressive scan video can produce different artifacts.
I don't think I have examples of each in my own files (I'll look but there's hours to go through) but it's fairly common to have something "extra" caught on a long video capture. Birds and lost toy ballons are common as are the occaisional aircraft occultations. In the right place and time, some folks capture ISS transits.

If you have links to some Lunar Wave video, send them to me and I can tell you which is which.
Hopefully the links are to "camera original" video and not something the poster has "corrected" the orientation/rotation.

This shot was taken with my cellphone last year. I have an adapter that lets me mount it on the eyepiece so it can "look" through the scopes and take pictures ... I usually shoot video with the cellphone but those files are typically 100mb or larger.

20210616_205115.jpg

Enjoy

Very nice ... I sold them professionally for over 20 years (alas ... I'm retired now) and have been a very active amateur for much longer.
What kind of scope are you looking at?

As for "Lunar Wave" are you referring to the rolling "wave" sometimes recorded during videotaping the Moon?

MOST of the time it's the residual persistent contrail of a jet aircraft. Occaisionally it may be a similar effect from a meteorite incineration train.
Finally, depending on the camera, it's a video artifact.
If the "wave" is perfectly horizontally oriented (horizontal is always the longer axis) relative to the camera frame it almost certainly is a video artifact. Interlaced video and progressive scan video can produce different artifacts.
I don't think I have examples of each in my own files (I'll look but there's hours to go through) but it's fairly common to have something "extra" caught on a long video capture. Birds and lost toy ballons are common as are the occaisional aircraft occultations. In the right place and time, some folks capture ISS transits.

If you have links to some Lunar Wave video, send them to me and I can tell you which is which.
Hopefully the links are to "camera original" video and not something the poster has "corrected" the orientation/rotation.

This shot was taken with my cellphone last year. I have an adapter that lets me mount it on the eyepiece so it can "look" through the scopes and take pictures ... I usually shoot video with the cellphone but those files are typically 100mb or larger.

View attachment 1467852

Enjoy

You're going to love this thread, The Lunar Wave and everything else. Ref: Scope I'm looking at a Celestron Advanced VX Maksutov.

Here's another example of the Wave

Last edited:

You're going to love this thread, The Lunar Wave and everything else. Ref: Scope I'm looking at a Celestron Advanced VX Maksutov.

Here's another example of the Wave

In both YouTube postings, I'm seeing normal atmospheric unstable seeing effects, a couple of possible jet contrail passages, and some thin clouds moving across the frame a couple of times, but those "waves" are mostly video artifacts related to the camera type used (compressed video does that all the time). The filters he used exaggerate the "boiling" effect of the moderately bad seeing conditions leading to the "pulsing" effects.

In short ... totally expected for the equipment used, video post-processing (filters) and the unsteady seeing conditions.
I've gone through about an hour of recent lunar video I've shot ... I've used several different cameras over the years but of generally better quality than an older consumer grade Sony Handicam ... but so far I haven't seen the rolling uniform "waves" associated with the recordings the guy posted. Certainly I've never seen them visually except for clouds and contrails. The very uniform rolling waves are consistent with video artifacts associated with in-camera video processing and compression for writing the file to the storage medium.

I'll let you know If I can find something like his "waves".

Reactions: DOA
Back