MC 2-Part

xyberg

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I have been running it for a few weeks now. I initially tried running one bubble bucket with epsom and one without. I emailed GLN to ask if my mix order was correct with A--> Epsom --->B in order to avoid locking up nutrients into gypsum. They replied that I shouldn't need to supplement at all. Ran a few more reservoirs without the Epsom but then started getting the little brown spots on leaves and it was obvious which plant had received the initial Epsom supplement and which did not. I have since been mixing it at 1/3rd of the amount of Part A that I am using and they're bouncing back to be 100% healthy.

I absolutely love the Two Part system for my AutoPots and bubble buckets both though. I basically do not have to use pH adjusters and the the reservoir is absolutely crystal clear. The girls all look absolutely healthy as long as I am supplementing with the Epsom and I really haven't felt the need to use any other additives.

My Sour Crack is almost the width of her 3.6gal AutoPot at day 14 from sprout.

Anyone on here using it? What strength? What additives? What media? What are your thoughts?

Yeah I’ve been using the two part. Running photos with it and I’m mixing at their recommended weights. Then I bring the ec down a touch. I haven’t added anything else and no issues. Also under autocobs and mars sp250. This last batch I added to res I added in a little sweet candy. R u running full strength. Using growpito in autopots 2.2 gal.

Running it 100% on the CremeTasmo, 85% on Orange Biscuits (ph was dropping and EC going up at 100%) Meanwhile, the CremeTasmo water will drift from 5.6-6.5 without any intervention.

Yes I am using it. I also am adding magnesium sulfate and NPK Ind. Potassium. The NPK Industries Raw B1 is 9% magnesium from M sulfate. I am adding Humic Acid, Kelp and yucca powder. The target for the first 4 weeks is 2-1-3 NPK, weeks 5 - 6 1.5-1.5-3 and 1-2-3 after week 6.

1591215052432.png

Yeah I’ve been using the two part. Running photos with it and I’m mixing at their recommended weights. Then I bring the ec down a touch. I haven’t added anything else and no issues. Also under autocobs and mars sp250. This last batch I added to res I added in a little sweet candy. R u running full strength. Using growpito in autopots 2.2 gal.
I should add that I foliar which I start with ro then add 4 drops of calmag into 1 liter then I add optic foliar transport watts and rev and then some kelp and em-1. Ladies r looking healthy 7 different strains on one res.

Yes I am using it. I also am adding magnesium sulfate and NPK Ind. Potassium. The NPK Industries Raw B1 is 9% magnesium from M sulfate. I am adding Humic Acid, Kelp and yucca powder. The target for the first 4 weeks is 2-1-3 NPK, weeks 5 - 6 1.5-1.5-3 and 1-2-3 after week 6.

Dude, thank you so much! Amazing information in this. I really would like to add humic and Kelp eventually as well but I didn't know how much to add. I threw in a 1/4tsp of algae extract into the autopots at the start because I always felt it made the biggest difference during that time and the transition.

Dude, thank you so much! Amazing information in this. I really would like to add humic and Kelp eventually as well but I didn't know how much to add. I threw in a 1/4tsp of algae extract into the autopots at the start because I always felt it made the biggest difference during that time and the transition.
Humic Acid 5 parts to 2 parts Kelp is the magic number according to a study by the university of Virginia Tech. This formula makes each product 50% more effective than when used alone.

All of the dried humic acids I have tried leave an undissolved flake that I fear may clog my drippers so I bought some Bio-Ag liquid Humic Acid but it is expensive.

You talking about Ful-Power? I am between the quart and gallon. So how would I convert between the powdered GLN Algae Extract Grams and Ful-Power in mL? I am using AutoPots so I am worried about lines getting clogged as well especially with it only being gravity-fed and nothing to actively circulate the sediment except my daily mix and and the little sponge filter. Thank you for helping me to get better at this!

Humic Acid 5 parts to 2 parts Kelp is the magic number according to a study by the university of Virginia Tech. This formula makes each product 50% more effective than when used alone.

All of the dried humic acids I have tried leave an undissolved flake that I fear may clog my drippers so I bought some Bio-Ag liquid Humic Acid but it is expensive.

Okay, I have tried every single way to figure out how to keep the 5:2 ratio but I don't see a scientific way to insure that you are according to the information on their website. Neither GLN or BioAG offer an elemental PPM calculator for their products and figuring out the specifics of what they add is far out of my depth. The BioAG site specifically says that it will barely adjust the EC of the solution.

My initial idea was to put 1g of Algae Extract in a liter of water and measure the ppm/EC movement of that. Then, get another liter of water and see how many mL it would take to get 2.5 times the EC movement of the original solution. However, I am not sure that it will actually work and I feel like I am overthinking things as usual lol.

I guess in the end I will just run the Ful-Power at 10mL/gal to start and see how it goes from there. Eventually, I will play with moving up to 30mL/gal and monitor from there when I get back to photos and clones. I just hate the imprecision that this method will have because I try to approach everything as scientifically as possible.

30ml of bio-ag to 1g kelp per gallon is what I use. I do not remember how I did the calculation - it is not rocket science and I am sure this will be close enough. If you buy NPK Industries Raw (dry) products it is 5g Humic Acid to 2g Kelp.

Ps they do not read on PPM. They are not salts.

Back