Mephisto Genetics MediJane's Mephisto Run #1 - HBSS, Ripley's OG, Organic, Soil, LED

MediJane

Spreading the Canna Love!
Reaction score
Finally catching up and documenting this grow! Since I am so far behind, I'll do a quick recap, then document more frequently as I go.

The set-up:

Medium - Fox Farms Happy Frog Soil
Containers - 3 gal equiv. Smartpot (1) and 3 gal Airpots (2)
Nutrients - General Organics - GO Box
Lights - Mars-Hydro Old style 300w and 96X3 Reflector, CFL's
Space - Apollo 2X4X5 tent
Circulation - 4 " extraction fan, intake fan and oscillating fan

Planted three Mephisto beans on 8/27/15. All three sprouted in three days

UMrWqp2m.jpg

I had them in a small "nursery" before I set up my tent. They did fine for a couple of weeks, then I saw some holes on the leaves. Pulled them out of the tent and found a teeny tiny catepillar. Bastard ate one of my plants. Completely! Lots of neem oil and a few weeks later....

DAY 39

Here is the HBSS. You can see the early damage on the lower leaves. She is now about 17" tall.

A1KUCmhl.jpg
loT34Agl.jpg

And Ripley's OG

7Iu8kndl.jpg
j3u7Q5Vl.jpg

I have to say I am super impressed with how well these two bounced back! In fact, these pictures were taken yesterday and the HBSS grew more than two inches overnight!

They are smelling delicious and the new growth looks super healthy.

Thanks for stopping by. More updates to come!

Finally catching up and documenting this grow! Since I am so far behind, I'll do a quick recap, then document more frequently as I go.

The set-up:

Medium - Fox Farms Happy Frog Soil
Containers - 3 gal equiv. Smartpot (1) and 3 gal Airpots (2)
Nutrients - General Organics - GO Box
Lights - Mars-Hydro Old style 300w and 96X3 Reflector, CFL's
Space - Apollo 2X4X5 tent
Circulation - 4 " extraction fan, intake fan and oscillating fan

Planted three Mephisto beans on 8/27/15. All three sprouted in three days

UMrWqp2m.jpg

I had them in a small "nursery" before I set up my tent. They did fine for a couple of weeks, then I saw some holes on the leaves. Pulled them out of the tent and found a teeny tiny catepillar. Bastard ate one of my plants. Completely! Lots of neem oil and a few weeks later....

DAY 39

Here is the HBSS. You can see the early damage on the lower leaves. She is now about 17" tall.

A1KUCmhl.jpg
loT34Agl.jpg

And Ripley's OG

7Iu8kndl.jpg
j3u7Q5Vl.jpg

I have to say I am super impressed with how well these two bounced back! In fact, these pictures were taken yesterday and the HBSS grew more than two inches overnight!

They are smelling delicious and the new growth looks super healthy.

Thanks for stopping by. More updates to come!
Awesome Medijane. I was wondering how this was going. Can't wait until the next update. They look great.

Awesome Medijane. I was wondering how this was going. Can't wait until the next update. They look great.

Thanks Marga! I tried mixing a little bloom with the grow nutrients yesterday (like you did) and they responded so well! Great idea! I see your last HBSS grow was a huge success!!!

Day 44 Update:

Both are now on Bloom nutrients. Light schedule 20/4. Temperature 82 degrees, RH 45%.

The pictures aren't great, sorry....

The HBSS. She is lanky, skinny and very thirsty! The smell is not strong. Just a faint sweetness. Not sure if the yellowing I see is old damage or something new to watch. I thought maybe an N deficiency but she looks good everywhere else so???

8afzpJFm.jpg
2S3jCW7m.jpg

5iCdE3Im.jpg
2AhxExJm.jpg

Ripley's OG

About 4 - 5" shorter than the HBSS but way bushier! Very sturdy and full of bud sites. Drinks less than the HBSS. Smell is not too noticable.

uaapIGKm.jpg
JWPfiRZm.jpg

3EnLD46m.jpg
Nedy623m.jpg

lDJeXEbm.jpg

I added Liquid Kool Bloom to the schedule. Will report how it goes...

Looking good.

I suppose the yellowing is just from the damage you sustained early on, as I understand damaged leaves never repair as the plant does not waste energy on old leaves, when it can pump out new growth.

Interested to see how this progresses

Hi Medijane, I'm probably not too worried about those lower leaves. I was curious how tall are the Hbss and Ripleys? Skinny and lanky on the hbss is the norm for me. It's deceiving because they'll pack the weight on. What's your feed rate, more towards the light or heavy feed schedule? Don't be afraid to go to the heavy side, for example a gallon, 4 tsp bloom, 2 tsp cal mag, 1tsp bud, 4 tsp marine if you're using it. Just noticed the addition of the liquid Kool Bloom. I'm interested. They look great.

Last edited:
Looking good.

I suppose the yellowing is just from the damage you sustained early on, as I understand damaged leaves never repair as the plant does not waste energy on old leaves, when it can pump out new growth.

Interested to see how this progresses

Thanks Dark. Makes sense to me!

Hi Medijane, I'm probably not too worried about those lower leaves. I was curious how tall are the Hbss and Ripleys? Skinny and lanky on the hbss is the norm for me. It's deceiving because they'll pack the weight on. What's your feed rate, more towards the light or heavy feed schedule? Don't be afraid to go to the heavy side, for example a gallon, 4 tsp bloom, 2 tsp cal mag, 1tsp bud, 4 tsp marine if you're using it. Just noticed the addition of the liquid Kool Bloom. I'm interested. They look great.

Marga,

Thanks for the info! I haven't officially measured them in a while. I will do that and photograph them tomorrow. I think the HBSS grew another inch or so overnight. The Ripley's is fattening up.

I have gone pretty light on the feed so far. About 25 - 40% of the recommended strength. So, using a syringe, that's about 2.5 ml bloom, 1.25 ca/mg, .5 bud, 2.5 marine. Plus 2.5 Kool bloom.

I may push it up a bit tomorrow. I used the Kool Bloom towards the end of my last grow and I was impressed. The buds just exploded. I can't wait to see what happens using it throughout flower!

Do you have anything going right now?

Marga,

Thanks for the info! I haven't officially measured them in a while. I will do that and photograph them tomorrow. I think the HBSS grew another inch or so overnight. The Ripley's is fattening up.

I have gone pretty light on the feed so far. About 25 - 40% of the recommended strength. So, using a syringe, that's about 2.5 ml bloom, 1.25 ca/mg, .5 bud, 2.5 marine. Plus 2.5 Kool bloom.

I may push it up a bit tomorrow. I used the Kool Bloom towards the end of my last grow and I was impressed. The buds just exploded. I can't wait to see what happens using it throughout flower!

Do you have anything going right now?
I've got a Fantasmo Express, a 21 day old Walter White, and a tester from Mephisto called White n Bubbly which is a cross of HBSS and Walter White. All threads here in this section.

Back