Indoor Mephisto Auto Blue, GH nutrients and coco, lumigrow pro led

jingo

Slightly Stoned
Reaction score
Thought I'd start a grow log here as get more active growing autos. I have a good bit of experience with photos and my nutrients and setup, so I expect an easy transition.

I will be using all of the following at some point during the grow and most, most of the time.

65f8f2b8a0a3e56c7b44aa641f81ba25.jpg
e877bef6a477cee8e9873fa0773b374f.jpg

I use sm90 all the way through until the final flush. I believe i get better nutrient uptake, more pest resistance and more mold and fungus resistance.

I also use silica for most of the same reasons in a more round about fashion.

I will feed a modified simple drain to waste schedule. Meaning I'll change it about 4x's max during the grow, based on how the plant looks to me at the time.

I will take TDS readings maybe 4 times during the grow. I will keep my pH between 5.6 and 6.2 and get good runoff.

Since I've used the same lineup and I use r/o water I'm very comfortable letting my pH move around a bit.

So without delay, I put one seed in a cup of water and will take it out in about a day and a half. Then I'll put it straight into its final pot, a 3 gallon felt pot, charged with nutrients.

8e57e40c36ad0b66a14d3c38e0f04a15.jpg

I also plan to fim once and do some defoliating throughout the grow as i see fit. I suspect some folks will be unhappy with what I do.

Now, if i recall this is a mid sized auto that yields about 70 grams, so my goal will be a final yield of 224 grams. But, I expect a minimum of 122 grams and the end result will likely fall between the two.

I don't consider the goals lofty with the genetics or the method. My LEDs are powerful and coco done correctly can out grow soil 3-5x's.

Okay it's been about a day and a half and My Little Seedling has cracked. I don't bother with the paper towel step anymore I just do about a day and a half in a cup of water and then I go straight into my pre-charged Coco.

So I pre charged my Coco by mixing a 5 gallon bucket of reverse osmosis water to which I added 10 mils of Cal Mag 10 mils of SM 90 10 mills of rapid start. Then 10 of micro 5 of Bloom and 5 of grow.

This gave me a total dissolved solids of 520 which is a little bit hot these Mephistos can take it, with enough runoff. My pH was 5.8 without adjusting at all.

I then poured 3 gallons of that mix through a fat sack with 3 gallons of General Hydroponics Coco. I buy the compressed blocks and rehydrate them myself because I don't want to buy any bugs from my local Hydro Store. The dumbasses, store their Coco and soil and stuff outside and that's the best way to get bugs.

a0c0d85ae4dde22cff2e558006c57fcb.jpg

3be24db00ed0b72a91340e429015ae8b.jpg

Let's hope my first grow after settling into a new Forum goes off well!

I've made a commitment to Autos now I just went and ordered a whole bunch of Dutch Passion gear. As soon as I finish growing out my last 4 photos I'm going to go all Auto for while.

Thanks namvet25

I grew one out recently and became real enamored with them. Luckily I've got a lot of experience with my nutrient line up and I'm pretty good at looking at my plants and figuring out what they need so i should be ok.

But all advice is welcome!

Welcome to AFN @jingo you look like you have a great start and we are all here if you need any help, sounds like you have it under control though. If you would like to get to know some of the site veterans and a great way to get more traffic to your grow is by stopping by the Live Stoners Thread by following this link https://www.autoflower.org/threads/live-stoner-gossip.35098/page-3141#post-1120930 tell them I sent ya and introduce yourself and everyone else will do the rest!

Day 1

It's been about 3 days now since I dropped the seed into it's cup of water and she poked her head above the surface of the coco today. I'm still feeding the same nutrient mixture that mixed up a couple days ago. Right now that means getting the surface wet for a couple days but I am going to do a thorough watering of the Coco today.

9ce86b751ddabf4800afd733dbcbf1d4.jpg

I recently did a little remodel of my grow room and now I've made an eight-foot drain table on wheels. Eventually I'm going to have the water from the waste pump right out through the wall and down into a stump in the ground.

I plan on lighting the table with three lumigrow Pro 325's. I really like lumigrow lights.

I left three or four feet of space down the right side for a work area or I plan on running a few bubble buckets this winter. I have another lumigrow Pro 650 that I'll use on a a mover if I run the bubble buckets I could put four or six in that space under that light that's the way I started off growing under these LEDs.

4c00b2062d95aeeeeffe7e24b8275867.jpg
f3108079c532eb3aeebf4c502bd668b5.jpg
5417a5fe5505e22e5fb9464c58859a8e.jpg

So the drain table is nothing but vinyl Roofing over some sheeting. Then it runs down to a gutter at one end and there's a little bit of PEX tubing that runs into a large masonary mixing tub. I will put a sump pump under there in the next week and have an auto pump out through the wall.

Funny I didn't even put up a picture of the drain table to show what it looks like.
11bad35c0f9f168436aeb2dd2bc05bd3.jpg

I have some much-abused photo plants I basically just hacked them up times to keep them small and now I'm going to veg them a week or two and Grow them out for whatever it's worth.

Day 3

Didn't get quite as much seedling stretch as I thought I would, but I still got a decent amount of pebbles on top of the coco.

1d2456a6e55e42bbe2849d6890ae95ca.jpg
1f471067a6c2768b408514eb8cba36b9.jpg

Started first week nutes today since she didn't mind my coming in heavy early.

5 mil grow per gallon
4 mil micro
1 mil bloom

10 mil rapid start total
10 mil sm90
5 mil si
5 mil Cal/mag

PH 5.9
TDS idk probably about 650 forgot to measure.

Hey jingo, weve spoke earlier on another thread and here I am checking out the thread. I like coco myself and have grown some great bud from it. Can't wait to get a led and more coco. Right now I'm outside doing soil and a Hempy. Swear to god its my last go at soil.......don't like it much. Anyways getting off track here. Looks great and a slap for some fantastic ingenuity. My only piece of advice is to water a bit round the base of the plant to promote rooting. Learnt that from tang and a few others here. Great start to ur thread.:slap:

Back