Mephisto Show Grows 2023 Mephisto Test Strains: Walter White BX1 & Old School Mango Haze

Mephisto Show Grows 2023

DCLXVI

Non smoker
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Mephisto Genetics: Test Strains
Walter White BX1
Old School Mango Haze​

Hey everyone! Thanks to @stan_mephisto and the whole team at Mephisto Genetics for putting out some new strains to test. I am honored to be able to run these brand new seeds.

Onto the fun stuff!

Walter White BX1:
WWBX1-card.JPG

WWBX1.JPG

Dropped a seed into a shotglass of distilled water with a pinch of @Greenleaf Nutrients Sea Kelp

WWBX1-SG.JPG

Less than 24hours later we have a tail!

WWBX1-tail.JPG

Old School Mango Haze:

OSMH-card.JPG

OSMH.JPG

Same treatment as the Walter White:
OSMH-SG.JPG

Less than 24hrs and a successful tail has emerged:
OSMH-tail.JPG

Germination
Germination:

Both seeds popped in less than 24 hours of being soaked. They were then transferred to Jiffy starter pellets which were soaked in the same distilled water/sea kelp solution. After another short 24 hours we have successful germination with both heads showing and seed shells dropped.

Germination and Day 1 for both strains is 5/15

3 gallon Airpots
Mother Earth Coco
Jacks 3-2-1 nutrients
9" Hydro Halos

Walter White BX1

WWBX1-germ2.JPG

WWBX1-germ.JPG

Old School Mango Haze:

OSMH-germ2.JPG

OSMH-germ.JPG

End of week 1: Day 7

I've added nothing since the initial watering. I'l probably start off with a 60% strength blend of the Jacks once I see the top of the coco start to dry a bit. Staying nice and warm with good humidity. 75-80F & 70-75% RH

Nothing too exciting. I'm sure they are just putting down roots. Both seedlings had closed cotyledons that did not want to open. The first set of leaves had to force them open. I am sure there was no seed shell membrane holding them shut as I ran a small scalpel blade between them. My first thought was: Stuck? Membrane. But no. Just an odd thing I noticed. Both are open now and looking well.

Walter White BX1:

wwbx1-D7.JPG

wwbx1-D7b.JPG

Old School Mango Haze:

osmh-D7.JPG

You can really see in this shot how bent up the cotyledons are. They did not want to let go.

osmh-D7b.JPG

:nicethread:They looking nice and I hope you don't mind if I hang around to see what these two tester's have to offer Happy Growing!! :vibe:
I haven’t followed a grow from sprout with you D so this should be fun! :pop:

Thanks for tagging along! Hope i do a decent job and make it easy to follow. I don't do anything too fancy.

Day 15: Start of week 3

Both plants got their first fertigation. Water + nutes = fertigate

Running the Jacks 3-2-1 nutrient line with a silica supplement. The silica is DynaGro ProTekt but white labeled at a local hydro store. I've run this combo a few times and I have a pretty good idea of how much silica to add, by ppm, to use it as a pH buffer. Silica will raise the pH and by carefully tracking this I can hit my pH number without needing adjustment later. It's been very steady over several days on past runs.

Mixed 4 gallons of RO water:
Water - 5ppm
Added silica to 16ppm (8ml) - This stuff has been a bit inconsistent so ppm is most reliable.
Starting with a 60% strength blend - (EDIT: These are total grams into 4 gallons of water)
Jacks part A: 8.7g
Epsom salt: 3g
Jacks part B: 5.8g
Final numbers: 550ppm and 6.1pH - bang! Right on! For coco pH is 5.8-6.2

Both plants recieved 2L.

Walter White BX1: Growing slowly but in the large 3 gallon pot I think it is just sending out roots. I added 1L through the halo, then a second a few minutes later. I got a bit more runoff than needed but hard to tell on the first watering.

Input: 2000ml @550ppm
Runoff: 667ml @537ppm

wwbx1-D15.JPG

wwbx1-D15b.JPG

Old School Mango Haze: Growing much quicker than the WW. Given 2L of nutrient solution.

Input: 2000ml@550ppm
Runoff: 634ml@551ppm

osmhD15.JPG

osmhD15b.JPG

Day 15: Start of week 3

Both plants got their first fertigation. Water + nutes = fertigate

Running the Jacks 3-2-1 nutrient line with a silica supplement. The silica is DynaGro ProTekt but white labeled at a local hydro store. I've run this combo a few times and I have a pretty good idea of how much silica to add, by ppm, to use it as a pH buffer. Silica will raise the pH and by carefully tracking this I can hit my pH number without needing adjustment later. It's been very steady over several days on past runs.

Mixed 4 gallons of RO water:
Water - 5ppm
Added silica to 16ppm (8ml) - This stuff has been a bit inconsistent so ppm is most reliable.
Starting with a 60% strength blend - (EDIT: These are total grams into 4 gallons of water)
Jacks part A: 8.7g
Epsom salt: 3g
Jacks part B: 5.8g
Final numbers: 550ppm and 6.1pH - bang! Right on! For coco pH is 5.8-6.2

Both plants recieved 2L.

Walter White BX1: Growing slowly but in the large 3 gallon pot I think it is just sending out roots. I added 1L through the halo, then a second a few minutes later. I got a bit more runoff than needed but hard to tell on the first watering.

Input: 2000ml @550ppm
Runoff: 667ml @537ppm

View attachment 1598289

View attachment 1598290

Old School Mango Haze: Growing much quicker than the WW. Given 2L of nutrient solution.

Input: 2000ml@550ppm
Runoff: 634ml@551ppm

View attachment 1598291

View attachment 1598292
Wow they're looking great 👍🏻 and the Mango Smile x Grape Crinkleberry I've got growing has very similar leaf structure this early on!? Looks like the Mango Smile is the dominant trait so far IMO. Happy Growing

Back