Mephisto Genetics Test Run - Walter White BX1 (reboot)

DCLXVI

Non smoker
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
18743.jpg

Test strain 2023: Walter White BX1​

This is a second test seed of the Walter White BX1 strain. I am concerned that I did not grow my first one well enough or stunted it somehow. Restarting with vigor! Seed is already up and potted.

Grow setup:

1.5gal Airpot
Mother Earth/Cyco Pearl coco blend
Jacks 3-2-1 nutrient line
RO water
DynoMyco
Greenleaf Nutrients Sea Kelp (the megacrop guys)

@Bob's Auto's - new seed, new thread.

Germination
Ok I didn't see a spot for a threadmark on the initial post so I've marked this second one and here are the pics

Day 1: 6/27 - Sprouted and standing tall. Jiffy Pellet soaked with RO and SeaKelp at 7.3pH to buffer the acidic nature of the peat pellet. Already planted into the airpot of coco. DynoMyco was mixed into the coco ahead of time and a small layer put under the pellet.

I presoaked the entire pot with about a gallon of seedling/clone nute solution at ~360ppm. I added 1g/gallon of SeaKelp which brought the mix to about ~475ppm. After running the gallon through the runoff ppm was ~500 and that's pretty close to input. Plus the water was still cloudy from the coco dust rinsed through.

Overnight surprise!
WW-SEEDLING.JPG

WW - POTTED.JPG

And we're off to a flying start my friends!! Whoop whoop :woohoo1:
Will be following this in delight as I've got some Walter White coming my way as we speak...Mmhmmm. I know I know, it's not the same as the Bx, but I'm still very stoked to get my hands on those...The White in auto form...:drool:
Still curious what the guys at Mephisto mean by Breeding Auto WC1, WC being White Crack?? Maybe @stan_mephisto can shed a light?

Anyway, good luck with this grow mate! You'll do another banging job :cheers:

Day 22: Start of week 4. Fast growth and lots of size. I did top this one at Day 18. I am not worried about the downturned tips this time. This is my second plant/grow of this strain and it was pointed out to me by a more experienced grower that the tip curl was a trait from the genetic lineage. I've only been running 60% strength and even last time dropping to 40% I still had the curled tips. Going to push the strength a bit and run like I usually do following runoff ppm.

ww - d22.JPG

Snipped the top off. You can see the downward pointed tips but it definitely isn't dark enough to suggest N overload.

ww - d22a.JPG

Looking good as usual man. So whats your thoughts on using air pots vs fabric pots. Ive always been intrested in giving them a shot
Hey, thanks! I've tried both. In the end I liked the airpots better. They have a built in air-gap at the bottom so you don't have to use a riser like you do with fabric pots. I also found it easier for me to move them around.

Name brand "airpots" are quite expensive. I have been getting the semi-knock off oxypot from htg supply. I run the 1-gallon which is 1.5 actual gallons. It's enough for a good size auto if you're using coco.

1-Gallon-Air-Pots-Measurements.jpg

Back