Mephisto Genetics Test Run - Walter White BX1 (reboot)

Day 64: Start of week 10

Plugging along and really adding on the frost.

ww - d64.JPG

Even the side branches are quite heavy.

ww - d64a.JPG

ww - d64b.JPG

ww - d64c.JPG

ww - d64d.JPG

ww - d64e.JPG

Harvest
Day 71: Harvest! Did a quick trichome color check with the USB microscope and decided it was time to chop. Lovely plant, easy grow, and it definitely liked the nute push straight through.

Grow thoughts: Gorgeous lightly pink/purple flowers, encrusted with trichomes, a strong fruity pebbles scent, most buds are heavy and clustered around the ends of the branches. It absolutely needs good airflow and low RH% through flowering. I kept mine at 58-60% RH and it should have been lower. I did get a bit of bud rot on one single cola only. There was plenty of airflow but the density of these flowers is going to need low RH as well.

@stan_mephisto - Thank you so much for the ability to grow these out. Absolutely fantastic. I will update with a final weight and some nicely trimmed up bud pics for you. I am also going to re-run the OldSchoolMangoHaze very shortly. (Tomorrow actually!)

ww - d71.JPG

ww - d71a.JPG

Even the side branches are heavily laden with flowers. No training here, just let the weight pull them out!

ww - d71b.JPG

ww - d71c.JPG

ww - d71d.JPG

ww - d71e.JPG

ww - d71f.JPG

ww - d71g.JPG

And the only problem I had. This was one of the top colas that was definitely exposed to the oscillating circulator fan. This is the only spot on the entire plant and I used a very critical eye after seeing it on the first branch I took. I am quite surprised to have found this:

BR.JPG

Wow, so it was exposed to good airflow yet it got rot? Did you ever touch that cola with your bare hands or any other reason you could consider as the cause?

Wow, so it was exposed to good airflow yet it got rot? Did you ever touch that cola with your bare hands or any other reason you could consider as the cause?

Yes, which is why it was so strange to find. Right on the backside of the top main cola. I try to never touch the plant as I don't like sticky hands. There were two a couple inches apart and the other was totally clean. There was also a computer fan pointed up the back side of the plant so there would not be any stale areas where the air did not move. I did a multiple bucket wash as advised by Man-O and I think it will be fine. Once dry and I am going to break everything down very carefully and check.

Day 71: Harvest! Did a quick trichome color check with the USB microscope and decided it was time to chop. Lovely plant, easy grow, and it definitely liked the nute push straight through.
Fast harvest :toke:
...sorry if I missed it :baked:, but what hours were you running? Also, any idea what your PPFDs were through flowering (or your start-to-finish DLIs) at the average canopy level?

needs good airflow and low RH% through flowering. I kept mine at 58-60% RH and it should have been lower. I did get a bit of bud rot on one single cola only. There was plenty of airflow but the density of these flowers is going to need low RH as well.
That mold is very unfortunate :sad:, and so strange with your environment 🤔.

And I forgot the trichome shots I took just before harvest:
Nice pics...what would you call your trichome percentages: clear/cloudy/amber (totaling 100%)?

Back