Mephisto Show Grows 2023 Mephisto Test Strains: Walter White BX1 & Old School Mango Haze

Mephisto Show Grows 2023
Mid Flowering
Day 50 - Start of week 8

Lots of growth since last week. Calling both of these as Mid-Flower. Looking like 11-12 weeks total? Nute plans changed a bit and I started adding the "Finish" P/K product from Jacks. Mixing 4 gallons at a time make it easy to adjust 25% increments. Currently at 2 parts regular and 2 parts Finish. Looking ahead I expect week 9 at 75% finish and then the final 2-3 weeks of the "Finish" only, which the instructions say to use it alone in the last 2 weeks.

Both plants are being fertigated twice a day.

Old School Mango Haze: 1500ml AM/PM ~400ml runoff each time. Mid flower currently, not stacking up as quickly as the WalterWhite but a much larger plant overall. Quite pleased with this one.

osmh - D50.JPG

osmh - D50b.JPG

osmh - D50c.JPG

Trichome development running down the leaves

osmh - D50d.JPG

Walter White BX1: 600ml AM/PM with ~150ml runoff. Flowering is moving faster than the Mango Haze . A few scruggy leaves here and there.

WWBX1- D50.JPG

WWBX1 -D50b.JPG

Main cola getting really nice and dense!

WWBX1 - D50c.JPG

Ok that's it for this week. Both plants doing well and I'll have the first weeks update on the other Walter White tomorrow.

Late Flower : WWBX1
Day 57: Start of week 9.

Old School Mango Haze: OSMH is looking great and putting on weight. Taking 1.5L twice a day.

osmh - D57.JPG

osmh - d57a.JPG

osmh - d57b.JPG

osmh - d57c.JPG

WWBX1: Finishing up much quicker than the other plant. Showing a little purple/pink hue on a few of the buds. Maybe only another week or two. I'll get the microscope out sometime this week and check the look of the trichomes.

WWBX1 - D57.JPG

WWBX1 - D57a.JPG

WWBX1 - D57b.JPG

Day 57: Start of week 9.

Old School Mango Haze: OSMH is looking great and putting on weight. Taking 1.5L twice a day.

View attachment 1612987

View attachment 1612988

View attachment 1612989

View attachment 1612990

WWBX1: Finishing up much quicker than the other plant. Showing a little purple/pink hue on a few of the buds. Maybe only another week or two. I'll get the microscope out sometime this week and check the look of the trichomes.

View attachment 1612991

View attachment 1612992

View attachment 1612993
I can see those pink/purple hues lighting up the edges of WWBX1's sugar leaves...
:bow:

Day 64: Start of week 10

Old School Mango Haze: Just putting on size and weight. 1-2 weeks to go, maybe a bit more.

osmh - D64.JPG

osmh - D64a.JPG

osmh - D64b.JPG

osmh - D64c.JPG

Walter White BX1 : Nearly done. Another week I think. I do have some time in a day or two, I should be able to get the microscope out and see how close it it. Putting on some very nice colors around the edges of the buds. Pinks and purples.

wwbx1- D64.JPG

wwbx1- D64a.JPG

wwbx1- D64b.JPG

Not the best looking collection of leaves but from overhead you can see how nice and densely covered the tops are.

wwbx1 - D64c.JPG

Day 64: Start of week 10

Old School Mango Haze: Just putting on size and weight. 1-2 weeks to go, maybe a bit more.

View attachment 1615660

View attachment 1615661

View attachment 1615662

View attachment 1615663

Walter White BX1 : Nearly done. Another week I think. I do have some time in a day or two, I should be able to get the microscope out and see how close it it. Putting on some very nice colors around the edges of the buds. Pinks and purples.

View attachment 1615664

View attachment 1615665

View attachment 1615666

Not the best looking collection of leaves but from overhead you can see how nice and densely covered the tops are.

View attachment 1615667
Fine looking nugs coming on :cheers: :toke: :vibes:

Late Flower : Old School Mango Haze
Day 71: Old School Mango Haze - Looking about ready to come down. Definitely a quick finisher. Will be taking down in 2 days as I have some free hours to spend on it.

osmh - D71.JPG

osmh - D71a.JPG

osmh - D71b.JPG

osmh - D71c.JPG

The leaves have only just started to fade but the trichomes say it's time.

SingleShot0000.jpg

SingleShot0001.jpg

SingleShot0002.jpg

Ok that pretty much wraps it up for this grow and this plant. I'll update later this week with the final harvest pics and some lightly trimmed shots before it goes up to dry.

Late Flower : Walter White BX1
D71: Walter White BX1 - Same as the OSMH, looking ready to come down. Got a few glamour shots as it was easy enough to move out of the tent.

wwbx1 - D71.JPG

wwbx1 - D71a.JPG

The lighting changes the appearance of this one a lot. Some lovely light pinks and purples.

wwbx1 - D71b.JPG

wwbx1 - D71c.JPG

wwbx1 - D71d.JPG

wwbx1 - D71e.JPG

wwbx1 - d71F.JPG

The trichome closeups say this one is done!

SingleShot0000.jpg

SingleShot0003.jpg

SingleShot0005.jpg

I'll post another update later this week with some final shots before it gets hung to dry.

Buds
Final update: Totals and glamour shots.

Everything had a chance to dry and cure for a couple weeks now. I've been doing an ok job trimming intially but I found things looks better if I leave them alone and then go back for a touch up before final pics.

Really nice turnout with 143g on the Old School Mango Haze and 44g on the Walter White BX1.

totals.JPG

Despite looking very similar once trimmed up you can absolutely tell which is which by smell alone. The Old School Mango Haze has a distinct citrus and mango scent. The Walter White BX1 smells of fruity pebbles to me. My nose is pretty terrible so these scents must be near overwhelming for me to notice them. But again, my nose is awful so you may notice other things.

Old School Mango Haze:

osmh1.JPG

osmh2.JPG

osmh3.JPG

Walter White BX1:

ww1.JPG

ww2.JPG

ww3.JPG

Thanks again to the crew at Mephisto and @stan_mephisto for making these strains available. Really top stuff.

Really good show !!! I too suffer from a nose that knows how not to smell Ha Ha. Same when they say you can taste the subtle hints of green or pine, I just don't taste or smell. :face:

Really nice thread.

Back