Photoperiod Cannaficionado's Next Barneys Farm Grow in my 3x3

Cannaficionado

Novice
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Starting my next grow either later today or early tomorrow morning. Will be running 2 photos in my 3x3 tent. Tangerine Dream and Lemon tree. Both are suppose to be fairly large indoor plants so Im going to be focusing on canopy management during this run to max the yield.

Getting the supplies together for the start up today.

Tent cleaned up and ready to go
3x3x6 Ac tent
Running 10 gal rain science grow bags
Ac Inf. Ionboard s44 400w light
6" inline ac cloudline fan and filter

Soil and nutes like always will be fox farm. Happy frog soil and pretty much their whole liquid nute line starting after a month or so.

Thats all for now
20230303_095801.jpg
20230303_095756.jpg

Continuation

Pots prepped
20230303_110715.jpg

Last edited:
Starting my next grow either later today or early tomorrow morning. Will be running 2 photos in my 3x3 tent. Tangerine Dream and Lemon tree. Both are suppose to be fairly large indoor plants so Im going to be focusing on canopy management during this run to max the yield.

Getting the supplies together for the start up today.

Tent cleaned up and ready to go
3x3x6 Ac tent
Running 10 gal rain science grow bags
Ac Inf. Ionboard s44 400w light
6" inline ac cloudline fan and filter

Soil and nutes like always will be fox farm. Happy frog soil and pretty much their whole liquid nute line starting after a month or so.

Thats all for nowView attachment 1570302View attachment 1570303

Continuation

Pots prepped
View attachment 1570310
Just a quick update after the site maintenance today. Seeds are in. We will see in a couple days. Lemon Tree is in front and Tangerine dream in back.

Right now the tent is sitting at 75°F and an rh of 50-60%

Germination
So its almost been 24 hours since I popped the seeds in their 10 gallon homes.

I know it might be a little too big of a pot for 2 photos in a 3x3 but I wanna see what a plant will do when its roots are completely unrestricted.

My 5 gallons from the last grows were solid bricks by the time I chopped my plants and I chopped them all kinda early. Was gonna do 7 gallons but I figured even then a 40-50 day veg plus another 60-70+ days in flowering would pretty much brick out a 7 gallon as well.

Anyway I wanted to mention pot size because I never did before and I wanted to throw a couple updates up as well today.

First being environmental conditions
Screenshot_20230304_092801_AC Infinity.jpg

Humidity keeps going up and down 10-15%. Drops as low as 45% but hops right back up. Highest its been is 67%. So im guessing mid 50% is about the average. Ordered a stand alone hydrometer and thermometer to stand in there as well.

First of all the soil was pretty darn dry in the bag so I hydrated each pot with a 1/2 gallon of water while declumping and prepping the pots, after sewing each seed I gave them about 1 cup of water right on top of the seeds and by the morning the top dusting had already completely dried out and all the way down the sides was dry as well.

So today I gave each pot 1.5 gallons of 6.55ph spring water. Watered 90% of it around the edges of the pot to avoid hydrophobic spots while germinating and the remaining 10% got poured directly around the seedling to make sure the soil directly around them doesnt dry out too much. There was run off but probably less than 2% of the total watering, and btw 10gal pots that are fully saturated are heavy as hell. I knew it would be more than double the weight of a 5 but jeeeeeeez its heavy.

Also ordered new elastic trellis netting for this grow. Got 2 as I plan on netting twice to really maximize the canopies sq footage.

Also I would like some input from people watching on supplemental light bars for grow tents. Seems like from the last grow I could use them for directly under the main canopy as everything was larf from the last run.

Ac infinity makes a 16" pack for $100usd. It comes with 4 individual bars controlled by a seperate controller or the controller 69. Color temp is 3700&5000k but there is no info as to par or ppfd output. The 16" bars are a total of 40 watts and the 11" bars are 27 watts I believe, both use samsung lm301h diodes. Im just wondering if this seems mor gimicky or if anyone thinks it will actually help in flower?.

Thanks for stopping by

Curiosity got the better of me
So just like always Im impatient and anxious during germination. Uncovered my beans to ease my mind as one seemed like it was a little premature, but nevertheless both have a tap root already 36 hours later. Im guessing I will see the seed break ground by monday night/tuesday morning with the way things are going.

Also got a present from the parents today unexpectedly. Got a large humidifier, dehumidifier and air purifier today. Guess they wanted new ones. The humidifier is a 5 gallon and has already helped stabilize amd raise my humidity to 60% in my tent and to 50% in the room. Not using the air purifier down there but the dehumidifier is plugged in too, may need it later in flower as it will be the dead middle/end of summer by mid to late flower.

Last edited:
So after some thought. I opted to get new pot risers and saucers for run off.

Trying to find saucers for 10 gallon pots is harder than I expected or at least one that fits side by side in the tent. Wanted square ones but couldnt find any. Either way they are ordered, had to because my old 12 inch risers are almost complete engulfed in the grow bags lmao. Bottom rim of the bag is almost touching the ground all the way around the pot.

Back