Newman Chucks Pollen

The purple male opened two pollen sacs today. I pinched them off and shook them directly on to the blackberries pistils. Perhaps a bit early but gets them cooking sooner, I’m sure some flew off and worked magic elsewhere too. I kind of want to isolate the blackberry now and only pollinate with that one male and not the green one. It would be easy enough to grab a few more sacs and repollinate in a week or two again. I plan on letting both the purple and green males open pollinate the remainder of the tent.

Pollen poof

AD2E210D-CFCB-42EE-B53D-C3A716EB7514.jpeg

@Jean-O would you pull the males after a solid pollination like this? Or would you let them ride longer to pollinate more later on? I was leaning toward pulling them soon seeing as the females are all in sad shape so less seed load to carry through might be easier and higher quality? After all I am looking to make a headstash of seeds so I don’t need quantity just enough of each to rework again. Thanks for any insight. Also that root beer float competition plant is 3 feet sideways in another tent and I’m nervous I could tank my chances by accidentally pollinating her which is another reason I’m leaning to pull those fuckers :pass: filtered intakes and all but I am:peek: always catching a peek so it’s bound to have contamination eventually this pollen gets everywhere

View attachment 1565850
@Jean-O would you pull the males after a solid pollination like this? Or would you let them ride longer to pollinate more later on? I was leaning toward pulling them soon seeing as the females are all in sad shape so less seed load to carry through might be easier and higher quality? After all I am looking to make a headstash of seeds so I don’t need quantity just enough of each to rework again. Thanks for any insight. Also that root beer float competition plant is 3 feet sideways in another tent and I’m nervous I could tank my chances by accidentally pollinating her which is another reason I’m leaning to pull those fuckers :pass: filtered intakes and all but I am:peek: always catching a peek so it’s bound to have contamination eventually this pollen gets everywhere
I usually pull my reversal branches/ plants as soon as they start to drop pollen. You can isolate them somewhere else if you want to keep them for a bit longer. Usually once they start to throw pollen I cull my reversal branch and collect the pollen sacks n dry them out and once dry I use the kief collector and grind the pollen sacks to collect the pollen and store it for later use.

Both males were shaken yesterday for a nice tent full of pollen, and today I cut them down. Sifted them into a glass bowl and collected the pollen. Each gave ~.3ml of pollen which I have stored in the fridge.
422AC04D-F6A8-4E60-A955-7A207BB7A077.jpeg
61CBF8DE-59B0-4478-BDAB-BDFA2D13E1DD.jpeg

and here is the tent kind of struggling but I see seeds swelling :shrug: I’m actually really excited about them regardless and can’t wait for 6 weeks to go by so I can plan out running the blackberry and dialing in that cross as I love purple nugs
21D33D3C-BB9A-4252-8F5B-E11550801602.jpeg

Seeds are swelling, what I find really neat is the lack of new pistils on these pollinated ladies. Satisfied they were knocked up I suppose and pouring all resources towards seed production. Goes to show the value of a good sinsemilla
F2B5A542-8946-4E1D-8522-DD7B3AB82916.jpeg

1B97DC4A-79B3-4462-8EF0-D49B1CC86DE7.jpeg
37C2FD0E-14ED-43FD-9E4C-BE77457CAFAE.jpeg
C263B9FA-20A6-4CF2-8A58-D79A848F94F2.jpeg
B4E02511-2068-4C9E-98E6-8AF2908F714F.jpeg

SODK is still a standout for terps but hubbabubbasmelloscope deserves mention with a Bruce banner smell to her. Ogreberry and 3BOG my usual faves seem weak smelling this round. Not sure if they will pile it on later(doubtful) or maybe an early pollination just didn’t express the need for terpy goodness(hopeful stoner):baked: guess that the fun of seeds is the variance you can expect. Plus my husbandry has been absolute shit this round
FEC2C70E-9445-4423-A637-D46542041D50.jpeg

And forum stomper the frostiest girl in tent
79F71858-45C6-4887-AA42-B8CB57969E18.jpeg

I just started sorting my batch. Once i found out i was gonna be a canna-dada i got much more excited. And as you have eluded to. The pistils swell up when its been seeded !
It was a happy accident if they turn out viable, because now i have to do a few runs to check how he shows up 1 in the different cultivars: and 2 in the Dom/Recessed he pushes on them (or how the girls show their respective dom/recess patterns!

my brain is on fire!

and thanks for sharing boss.

:pop: Putting them through hell but only 25 days and I’ll be cutting and drying then starting to work my favorites for a second round, looking like I’ll run the blackberry, SODK, 3BOG, and ogreberry. I’m going to try and back the blackberry and SODK back onto original seeds from the same pack. The 3BOG and ogreberry I am going to try and work only the new seeds no back crossing to original lineage. I’ll get some nice bubble hash out of this whole affair too:hump: though I plan on drying the plants quickly not slowly to lessen the chance of rot to seeds, and I’m not sure how overly dry buds will work for hash
7B2E7877-9AAD-4810-BF1C-E1E189E1444A.jpeg

Back