Grow Room NiceNEasy's Nano Dragon Factory.

The Bedroom Gardener UK

Dragon Abuser
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Cannabis, in all its forms.
Changing circumstances on the home front, are making it necessary for me to change up my growing methods. Till now I have had the pleasure of growing in a (still small) 80 x 80 x 160cm tent @ 250w HPS / MH, but this is now too intrusive. I need something a lot smaller, an area that can be moved without issue, and does not shout at you that I am growing Cannabis. It most importantly needs zero smell - this is the top priority.

I have little in the way of money, but I have been growing for a number of years, and have collected all sorts of sh1t that is going to be repurposed. The main grow chamber is going to be 25 x 30 x 60cm (internal), so I'm thinking nano is the right word for it. My aim is an oz per grow, which I think is doable at this size. Pots will be solo cup size, or there about & you could push 4-6 of those in a that space.

Plant selection are two related strains. Black Dragon from @Mossy, which I can never get enough of, and a new cross I'm currently finishing - Black Dragon x Amnesia. I'm trying to pimp them as Forgetful Dragons, but I'm only talking to myself lol.

This is the veg box to be repurposed for the new venture. Lights, extraction etc will all be updated.

Last edited:
Forgetful Dragon.....:dragon2:..with Amnesia....?......Love it.....Good Luck @niceneasy....:wizzy:

Cheers Mossy, glad you like the naming. It came to me in a blinding flash, combine my two favourite strains. I hope to do them proud.

Lighting.

First up is the lighting solution. Currently the cab is running on a 42w CFL, but this will not be enough to put into flower. There's no room for HPS, so I'm looking at LEDs to help out.

I had already bought the nastiest 50w led light from China (still waiting on arrival), just for messing with, before I knew about my grow change.

5c6f86b39027bb73d4f8fbcd-11-large.jpg

So, I'm going to test the new box with that light to begin with & see how far I get. I've no clue about hanging distance from plants etc with these things, so it may be a bumpy ride while I get things running correctly. I got plenty of seeds though, so we'll get there.

Think I need to go back to school for a little while, and figure PAR and the rest. Judging by what I've already read this Chinese light will be of little use other than veg, but I can test it anyway while I get the money together for what may be the proper light.

I'm thinking of purchasing the below light. Physical size it fits nicely, but I need to find out if it would be suitable to go in such a small space, and it has a height above plants of 0.5-1m. I only have 0.6m full height, so I don't see how it can be used. I must be reading it wrong. I don't even keep my 250w HPS at that height above my plants. Research required.

That leads me to another thought, which is 'is the space too small for an led?' Why does it need to be 0.5m above you plants? Heat should not be an issue, so it's maybe light intensity. If it's that, could you not then rig a filter & have it closer?

Going to have to check on CFL minimums as well, backup if led is not suitable. I don't really want to start that direction though. There's not enough room for a bank of CFL's.

The answers to all these questions, and more...soon.

Amazon product

led.jpg

Specification:
tem display height3.10 centimetres
Item display length20 centimetres
Item display width20 centimetres

LED Power: 50 W
Input Voltage: AC185V-265V
Light Source: LED COB
Color Spectrum: Full Spectrum
HPS/HID Replace: 100W
Height above plants:0.5-1M
Max Coverage at 24’Height:12’*12’
Lifespan: 50,000+ hours
Current Frequency: 50~60HZ

@St. Tom @Green Hornet @BCBudlady Just a quick tag, in case you wished to follow on. :pass:

@MarshydroTina Do you guys sell a light small enough to be usable in a 25 x 30 x 60cm space? I had a look, but seems you're out of my league.
Hi, no suitable lights match your growing area:pass:. Our smallest light is TS600, 90w, it's for 45cmx45cm area

Back