I'm making changes... :pass:

This is the two Dinfem fruit Im flushing the last water through and ill chop them in 24 hours.. they have been on water for 4 days.. thats a full size bathtub!!
i got good weight... im happy!! very pretty!!
View attachment 718315

View attachment 718316

Lets add some Red to the grow and see what a difference it makes on this next test!! stay tuned... :headbang:

View attachment 718323

this is my new test room.. yes i know its crowded but thats the deal until next month.. :pass:

View attachment 718324

View attachment 718325

View attachment 718327
More to come.. :headbang:

i got a solid 5 oz off the Fruit with 2 plants at 75 days..
i never ran the lamp at 100% that would be well over 400 watts 440
i run about 70% now let see how they grow with some red.. i have the 900 on another timer so i can test as much as i can.. finding the perfect spectrum..
I think you'll be very happy with the extra red. Gotta find that perfect mix. The search for the holy grail. Good luck I'll be excited to see the results.

Mee too!! Im such a tech nut! I wont stop until i find it!!
:d5:
Couple things to think about. Your at the beginning of your learning curve, even though things went well the next grow will go sooo much better. Your dealing with a completely different animal with these and it's not an easy thing to catch on to so quickly. Then the spectrum. People still get messed up not seeing red in the white cobs but one of the cobs in your light has more red than that panel hanging sideways.

Couple things to think about. Your at the beginning of your learning curve, even though things went well the next grow will go sooo much better. Your dealing with a completely different animal with these and it's not an easy thing to catch on to so quickly. Then the spectrum. People still get messed up not seeing red in the white cobs but one of the cobs in your light has more red than that panel hanging sideways.
@BigSm0 im using vr29s and i feel like those lack some red compared to cree 8590s. I will keep testing and compairing data with other diy builders.. Cree is the best!! Imo. the diode box is temperay
Ill take out later

Last edited:
@BigSm0 im an auto engeneer!!
I lean quick!!! Check your pm box.:d5:

Last edited:
Being a Noob and overwhelmed alot of the time by so much info, what exactly does the uvb do for plants? i've heard dis-infect, more trichs, over all health? Going to put a DIY together soon, i wonder if UV should be incorporated. Concerned about kinda nasty concrete basement,would UV help with possible mold and or mildew? I realize UV is part of natural spectrum though.

Back